[Big Please] What do you think about GW1 Remake / Remaster and new campaign?

GW1 and GW2 are two completely different games. I think both games can exist co-existent.It would be nice to see Guild Wars with modern DirectX 12 and Raytracing. It also would be great to see a new campaign. There is so much landscape, that isn't explored

I'm sad to see, that World of Warcraft is still in development and get new campaigns and GW1 not. Please Arenanet: Give GW1 new life.

For me the only things wrong with Guild Wars was No Open World and No Jumping or Swimming. I loved the Dual-Professions, the content was great and the PvP was the best. When A-Net announced GW2 I thought we would be getting a GW with updated graphics and an open world to explore while also continuing the story or the Elder Dragons. So yes I would definitely go for a GW1 "remake"

You have to remember that Anet have outrightly stated their focus is on GW2. Many projects have been dropped and staffing levels/resources shrunk after the lay offs. If they thought there was enough money abd resources to warrant doing it at this stage and not take away any focus on GW2, they'd do it. But, given that areas of GW2 are desp clamouring for attention and not getting it, I can't see them doing this. Remakes can be popular, but a remake of an older semi-mmo style game which is still running perfectly fine, albeit with lesser gfx, is a riskier proposition

I would be more than happy to see a tarted up GW1 mind you, but given thsi suggestion has rolled around for many years with no known interest from Anet, I'm not convenicned it'll ever happen

While I am fine with the small QoL improvements GW1 has been getting over the years, I don't agree with a full remastering or any new campaigns or xpacks for the game. For one I dont trust the current iteration of Anet to not screw it up. Its also my view that aside from the missing Elona GW:B content GW1's story is effectively complete. I only wish, like a lot of other gw vets, that a little more of GW1 transfered over to GW2.

Why would they add ray-tracing in Guild Wars 1? What is it gonna offer the game? Or DirectX 12 for that matter. Guild Wars 1 is a well optimized game, for its time, running very well even on terrible PCs of the era. And obviously it runs flawlessly on current hardware, even with the rather recent graphic updates.

@aspirine.6852 said:I would do all of it again if GW1 would be updated with the latest gfx. Probably impossible though :(

Probably not without replacing the game engine. Emphasis on probably. Plus it would likely need a new art style, and I shudder to think what the current iteration of Arenanet would do to GW1 overall appearance and atmosphere.

@"Galphar.3901" said:For me the only things wrong with Guild Wars was No Open World and No Jumping or Swimming. I loved the Dual-Professions, the content was great and the PvP was the best. When A-Net announced GW2 I thought we would be getting a GW with updated graphics and an open world to explore while also continuing the story

Dito.

So yes I would definitely go for a GW1 "remake"

It's a beautiful dream... One that will never happen. (sighs)

@MarkVonPlay.7391 said:GW1 and GW2 are two completely different games. I think both games can exist co-existent.It would be nice to see Guild Wars with modern DirectX 12 and Raytracing. It also would be great to see a new campaign. There is so much landscape, that isn't explored

I'm sad to see, that World of Warcraft is still in development and get new campaigns and GW1 not. Please Arenanet: Give GW1 new life.

Lol directx12 and ray tracing for GW1 you are kidding right? GW2 which is a better designed game don't even have that so GW1 will never have it. GW1 i agree should get some campaigns here and there. WoW does not have campaigns they have expansions. GW1 has campaigns which are stand alone compatible games [meaning you can just play one or combine them.]

The reason GW1 is still active is so people can work on the Hall of Monuments if they want.

It has to re-developed, thats clear. But other games showed, that it is possible if the developers do it right. And new campaigns or expansions. For me, it's the same :D.

The main reason I love GW 1 is, that it is easy to learn and easy to play. It's just relaxed. I use click to walk and the buttons 1-8- You don't need more. Because GW 2 doesent't have click to walk I dont have fun with it. (as you can read here) But I love the hole gameplay and the scope the game gives me.

@Arenanet: Why don't you do not a proof of concept? Re-Develop the Prophecies-Tutorial and look how the gamers react to it?

@Chyanne Waters.8719 said:

The reason GW1 is still active is so people can work on the Hall of Monuments if they want.

While that is certainly true, it is not the entire reason. My son and a friend just re-played it, even bought new full accounts, just for the nostalgia of doing so. My son then had linked accounts of course, so got all the free goodies in GW2 that he unlocked along the way. I don't think they have played GW1 since Genshin Impact came out, though, so even nostalgia only goes so far. They enjoyed it, though.

After playing GW2 I would have a really hard time going back to GW1.

@"maddoctor.2738" said:Why would they add ray-tracing in Guild Wars 1? What is it gonna offer the game? Or DirectX 12 for that matter. Guild Wars 1 is a well optimized game, for its time, running very well even on terrible PCs of the era. And obviously it runs flawlessly on current hardware, even with the rather recent graphic updates.

For a while a couple of years ago, I had problems running it on my newest PC, since it was maxing out north of 500 FPS, and moving my character around was actually glitching out. Turning on v-sync solved that. Since then I've updated the PC to 3840x2160 screens and an RTX 2080Ti, and I'm disappointed to find that GW1 can "only" manage 400 FPS. (But it runs fine without the glitchy stuff it had before.)

I would love if there was a guild wars 3 in the works with a more traditional combat and map system. I hate the open world content. It's all running in a zerk and doing brain afk auto attacks. Once the zerg leaves after the meta all the events are not profitable because it takes to long to do them and many can't even be finished solo.

@MarkVonPlay.7391 said:GW1 and GW2 are two completely different games. I think both games can exist co-existent.It would be nice to see Guild Wars with modern DirectX 12 and Raytracing. It also would be great to see a new campaign. There is so much landscape, that isn't explored

They already do co-exist as both games are still alive and well, Gw1 is just over and finished as a project and is no longer supported in terms of new content etc.

The difference here is there is no World of Warcraft 2..If Blizzard decided to make a new and better sequel MMO then WoW would not longer get any new content once that sequel is released.. just like Gw1.

@Teratus.2859 said:

They already do co-exist as both games are still alive and well, Gw1 is just over and finished as a project and is no longer supported in terms of new content etc.

The difference here is there is no World of Warcraft 2..If Blizzard decided to make a new and better sequel MMO then WoW would not longer get any new content once that sequel is released.. just like Gw1.

yet they made WoW classic.....

@sorudo.9054 said:

I am sure Anet/NCSoft would consider rebuilding GW1/2 if they had a subscriber base of millions paying monthly subs.

WoW has already had multiple upgrades to the game to the point one could argue modern WoW is so far removed from original WoW (even classic is fairly different) that it is a new/different game. That is the power of having subs and the cash flow it brings.

@sorudo.9054 said:

@"MarkVonPlay.7391" said:GW1 and GW2 are two completely different games. I think both games can exist co-existent.It would be nice to see Guild Wars with modern DirectX 12 and Raytracing. It also would be great to see a new campaign. There is so much landscape, that isn't explored

That is quite a different thing.. Classic wasn't a "remake" but more of a re-release, and again there is no sequel to WoW either only expansions so it's the same game just in different builds.What OP is suggesting is remaking/remastering Gw1 and creating new content for it which is a lot more than WoW did by releasing classic.