Mastery Draughts in BL chests - not very helpful

The Mastery Draughts currently in BL chests are not very helpful because I need mastery points, not XP. XP is much easier to acquire just by playing, not by spending keys. I'm inclined to stop using keys until the chests change again. They are not salvageable and not tradeable, so its just another bunch of items wasring space in my bank.

I agree. Used 5 keys and now have 2 bank slots taken by these potions. I should have paid attention to the first chest I opened and saw each potion applied to one of the four masteries, rather than letting you pick where to apply it.

But yeah, xp is easy and endless in this game, so a fairly worthless guaranteed item.

@TheAgedGnome.7520 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:The potions are sell-able for 50s each. You can sell any which you do not require and keep those you deem useful.

If it were a random mob drop, that would be great; but for a BL chest item, its weaksauce.

It's ok, you don't like the contents of the chests, you hoard the keys. This is what I do too.Just because it's useless to you or me doesn't mean it's useless to everyone. Sure, it would be better if the chest always offered us what we want, but it won't happen, so act accordingly and wait for the next swap :D

• Confused 1

@TheAgedGnome.7520 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:The potions are sell-able for 50s each. You can sell any which you do not require and keep those you deem useful.

If it were a random mob drop, that would be great; but for a BL chest item, its weaksauce.

Sure, but isn't it in line value wise with past special BLC rewards? Aka this is just another special guaranteed reward which has an additional function of granting mastery experience.

I have to agree with OP, these mastery flasks are virtually worthless. There are many easy ways to fill the xp bars for mastery, including map dailies and just playing the game. The mastery flasks are probably the worst guaranteed item to ever be in a Black Lion Chest. As stated above, they wouldn't be bad as a mob drop, or even as a cheap Gem Shop item for those that want it. Heck, put them in the Black Lion Statuette shop and give us an extra Statuette per chest (at least that's an item EVERYONE can get some use out of!)

@TheAgedGnome.7520 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Well, that's a bit disappointing. Still, I'll leave the chests stacked up until more Icebrood Saga XP is needed.Use the ones that are appropriate, if any, and sell the rest, I suppose.

They are
Account Bound
- you cannot trade them, but you can sell them to a vendor.

Yes, sell them to the vendor. Not sure why you would think otherwise.