BUG: Glyph of the Scavenger not working

Since the 1st Dec patch, I've noticed that the Glyph of the Scavenger (33% chance to return Fine mats) is broken. I've tested it on open world nodes, synthesizers, and node farms, and despite harvesting probably in excess of 100 nodes, not a single one has returned a Fine mat. Other glyphs such as the Watchknight, Logger, Unbound, Volatile or Leatherworker still work correctly.

I've been asked to post here (forums) via a support ticket I've raised. Wasn't told anything other than I need to post here, no information regarding whether it was being investigated already etc. It was a bit disappointing for an official response to be directing people to a forum for developers to take note of, rather than raising an internal ticket. Is there even a point of submitting a bug report if this is the stance?

First response was that it was just due to % chance, however I've done well over 50 harvests since then, which I've been taking note of across various nodes, both in the world and home instance and not a single bonus harvest. Definitely thing there is something wrong here.

I think this may be related to the other thread too: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/119478/volatile-magic-harvesting-sickle-not-workingI'll be posting in that one also. Bonus yield from harvesting tools in general? For some accounts at least.

Still an issue as of 15/12 post wintersday patch. x15 attempts in home instance with Glyph of the scavenger on Choya harvesting tool, 0 bonus materials.Swapped glyph onto mining tool - x21 attempts , 7 bonus materials exactly in line with 33% chance.To validate above post also, glyph of forester does seem to work on harvesting tool though.

• 2 weeks later...

Just some extra info on this I posted a ticket in support and the response was:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Guild Wars 2 Support!

We appreciate you letting us know about the issue you are experiencing with your glyph and can confirm this is being looked into. Unfortunately, we do not have any ETA on when a potential fix will be implemented, but please keep an eye on upcoming patch notes for more information. As for the reason you did not receive a response on the bug report you submitted, these do not receive responses in-game, but let the correct team know about the issue that's taking place, so they can investigate further. Please continue to report issues like this when you come across them in-game.

If there is anything else we can assist you with that is within our abilities, please do not hesitate to reach back out.So it should be worked on ETA unknown unfortunately.

• 1 month later...

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Ylav The Silent.2187 said:Lucky doggie! I trusted you! So many t6's that you should have found! Little did you know that you were digging away in vain.

Not very many t6s, mostly lower tier stuff. Also the glyph works in axe and pick.

Points for an attempt at helpfulness. Loss of points on lack of context comprehension. The point is it isn't working at all. It's doing nothing. [and yes if you stick with it the t6's really do build up.]

@Ylav The Silent.2187 said:

@Ylav The Silent.2187 said:Lucky doggie! I trusted you! So many t6's that you should have found! Little did you know that you were digging away in vain.

Not very many t6s, mostly lower tier stuff. Also the glyph works in axe and pick.

Points for an attempt at helpfulness. Loss of points on lack of context comprehension. The point is it isn't working
at all
. It's doing
nothing
. [and yes if you stick with it the t'6's really do build up.]

imgimgimgimgimgimgimgimgimgimgimgMultiple types of nodes across multiple maps.Done just before posting so that is as up to date as possible.