Can you prove with video thief is strong, not the pro streamer, but YOUR video?

lightstalker.1498

@Moradorin.6217 said:Also in general I will repeat. I think using a combination of 1-0 and the rest of your keys with one hand while you also click skills with the mouse is required to function. Its some serious nit picking, petty, kitten to bring it up and an obvious distraction from the actual topic.

Lmao. This is a dude who talks kitten about other people's knowledge of the game and then gets a mod to remove their posts when his argument fails. All that, and he's a clicker hahaha.

To keep fighting games fun, characters should usually be fun to play against as well as play as. Idk why this thief is doing so little damage, but it seems to me like he's in a spot where he can only dent the player but he can also reset indefinitely. From just this video, it seems to me like thief needs a lot of work to give them more damage but less reset potential, i.e. buffs and nerfs in a number of places.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@Moradorin.6217 said:In what way did I lie about what happens in the video? can you quote the "lie"? Mhmm...

Already did, but you were too busy spamming with "smoking crack".

I responded to the thread to respond to Jasai's post when they said:

lmao, you have some serious problems with keeping up with the context of messages you're answering to. You were not answering to Jasai(?) there (which I also already told you on this or last page).

Maybe you really aren't
intentionally
dodging what I write, maybe you actually don't understand what you read, who knows.

My video is wvw gameplay you seem to want to pretend that thief is unused in wvw and lacks reset potential.

...and when
exactly
did I write anything like that? :D

Maybe u linked the wrong comments? cause no those links dont demonstrate what u claim as usual...

They do actually. You say clones dont hit him, he points out that they do. You say you took significant damage, he points out you didnt. In general you posted a video showing the opposite of what you claimed it showed, got called out on it, and just doubled down on it. While being rather rude for someone who is wrong, too.

Bruh 8k burst from stealth on full trailblazer is not significant damage? The thief was a pepega incapable of keeping up the pressure nor stealing, but the damage is there.

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:

@Moradorin.6217 said:In what way did I lie about what happens in the video? can you quote the "lie"? Mhmm...

lmao, you have some serious problems with keeping up with the context of messages you're answering to. You were not answering to Jasai(?) there (which I also already told you on this or last page).

Maybe you really aren't
intentionally
dodging what I write, maybe you actually don't understand what you read, who knows.

My video is wvw gameplay you seem to want to pretend that thief is unused in wvw and lacks reset potential.

...and when
exactly

Maybe u linked the wrong comments? cause no those links dont demonstrate what u claim as usual...

They do actually. You say clones dont hit him, he points out that they do. You say you took significant damage, he points out you didnt. In general you posted a video showing the opposite of what you claimed it showed, got called out on it, and just doubled down on it. While being rather rude for someone who is wrong, too.

Bruh 8k burst from stealth on full trailblazer is not significant damage? The thief was a pepega incapable of keeping up the pressure nor stealing, but the damage is there.

exactly and the thief has all the control in deciding if it wasnts to keep fighting or not too.

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Maybe you really aren't
intentionally

...and when
exactly

Maybe you really aren't
intentionally

...and when
exactly

That wasnt 8k burst from stealth. That was 8k damage over 3 seconds in which the thief could freely attack as the Mesmer was too slow to do literally anything, including dodging. And yeah, 8k damage over 3 seconds of free attacks is not very significant. Burn Guardian would've killed him. Soulbeast dropped him to 30% hp at most. Holosmith probably somewhere inbetween. Meanwhile the thief did about a third of their health. Yeah, not great is it? Especially since thieves damage is entirely frontloaded, and their DPS is non-existent.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

Maybe you really aren't
intentionally

...and when
exactly

Maybe you really aren't
intentionally

...and when
exactly

That wasnt 8k burst from stealth. That was 8k damage over 3 seconds in which the thief could freely attack as the Mesmer was too slow to do literally anything, including dodging. And yeah, 8k damage over 3 seconds of free attacks is not very significant. Burn Guardian would've killed him. Soulbeast dropped him to 30% hp at most. Holosmith probably somewhere inbetween. Meanwhile the thief did about a third of their health. Yeah, not great is it? Especially since thieves damage is entirely frontloaded, and their DPS is non-existent.

ITT we gonna act as if permastealthing + blinds + lots of dodges didn't let daredevils ('cause those are the big offenders, thieves and deadeyes can't get away with that crap 'cause no dash to save the day) turn everything into frontload damage until someone dies.

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Maybe you really aren't
intentionally

...and when
exactly

Maybe you really aren't
intentionally

...and when
exactly

ITT we gonna act as if permastealthing + blinds + lots of dodges didn't let daredevils ('cause those are the big offenders, thieves and deadeyes can't get away with that kitten 'cause no dash to save the day) turn everything into frontload damage until someone dies.

Wait, what is this even supposed to mean? I mean lets ignore that Daredevil has below average dodges at this point (Since its literally just 1 extra dodge in the entire fight and some vigor), or that their blinds are usually expensive and require giving up damage, what are you even saying here? That thief can make everything into a "burst", even though its clearly not a burst? I dont get it.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

Maybe you really aren't
intentionally

...and when
exactly

Maybe you really aren't
intentionally

...and when
exactly

ITT we gonna act as if permastealthing + blinds + lots of dodges didn't let daredevils ('cause those are the big offenders, thieves and deadeyes can't get away with that kitten 'cause no dash to save the day) turn everything into frontload damage until someone dies.

Wait, what is this even supposed to mean? I mean lets ignore that Daredevil has below average dodges at this point (Since its literally just 1 extra dodge in the entire fight and some vigor), or that their blinds are usually expensive and require giving up damage, what are you even saying here? That thief can make everything into a "burst", even though its clearly not a burst? I dont get it.

I mean... I wouldn't say it has below average dodges. But other than that, yeah. People like to pretend thief doesn't use anything for whatever they want to do: apparently there's no cd, no resources, everythings up all the time and the resource system totally doesn't "work against itself" in certain cituations (hi, 8ini bow 5).

And lets not forget about the recent exchange in this thread:"thief killed himself because he used skills while affected by confusion!"...but how was he supposed to stealth/disengage without using skills?*aaaaaaaaand he stopped answering, what a surprise * :sleeping:

Ok then. I feel this is also EXACTLY the reason why OP asks for the video of those complainers. To see they actually understand what they're talking about, because so many just don't. And that's also the very reason I'm calling out moradorin on his bullkitten, to which instead of addressing what I wrote, he keeps trying to tell me I imply something he didn't explicitly wrote. And when asked when I wrote it... he constantly drop the questions, because he has nothing to answer.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

Maybe you really aren't
intentionally

...and when
exactly

Maybe you really aren't
intentionally

...and when
exactly

I mean... I wouldn't say it has below average dodges. But other than that, yeah. People like to pretend thief doesn't use anything for whatever they want to do: apparently there's no cd, no resources, everythings up all the time and the resource system totally doesn't "work against itself" in certain cituations (hi, 8ini bow 5).

The build as its used does, actually. The healing skill is HiS and the elite skill usually basilisk, while none of the utilities provide dodges either. And neither does D/P as a whole. So yeah, right now the build has the normal dodges, + 1 over the entire fight. Any class that has at least one dodge on a cooldown outperforms it, and a lot of classes do that.

And lets not forget about the recent exchange in this thread:"thief killed himself because he used skills while affected by confusion!"...but how was he supposed to stealth without using skills?*aaaaaaaaand he stopped answering, what a surprise :sleeping: *

Okey then. I feel this is also EXACTLY the reason why OP asks for the video of those complainers. To see they actually understand what they're talking about, because so many just don't. And that's also the very reason why I'm calling out moradorin on his bullkitten.

Basically.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

Maybe you really aren't
intentionally

...and when
exactly

Maybe you really aren't
intentionally

...and when
exactly

I mean... it's 3 dodges then it's vigor then it's another half a dodge on signet then there's the healing skill -IDK why you wouldn't want to run it, since it's there and it's plenty viable- then there's all the blind+stealth to cover while you wait if you play d\p; if you play s\d you have no blind, but you get even more spammable evades. Then you say you leave damage to get blind even though shadowshot is the heavy hitter of d\p and hits a light armor for 4.5k? Are we even talking about the same class? I'm not saying thief can turn everything into a burst, I'm saying thief has plenty of ways to stay alive and repeatedly land bursts until someone dies.

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Maybe you really aren't
intentionally

...and when
exactly

Maybe you really aren't
intentionally

...and when
exactly

I mean... it's 3 dodges then it's vigor then it's another half a dodge on signet then there's the healing skill -IDK why you wouldn't want to run it, since it's there and it's plenty viable- then there's all the blind+stealth to cover while you wait if you play d\p; if you play s\d you have no blind, but you get even more spammable evades. Then you say you leave damage to get blind even though shadowshot is the heavy hitter of d\p and hits a light armor for 4.5k? Are we even talking about the same class? I'm not saying thief can turn everything into a burst, I'm saying thief has plenty of ways to stay alive and repeatedly land bursts until someone dies.

Its 1 extra dodge per fight. Thats what 3 dodges does. Yes, there is vigor. Thief doesnt have that much of it, and other classes also have vigor. The signet is half a dodge, thats not great. The healing skill used is HiS. Neither Withdraw nor whatever the Daredevil one was called are used, so no dodges there. Trying to stealth in-combat for defense as a thief means the enemy bursts you and kills you. Shadowshot is not a heavy hitter and it doesnt hit anywhere close to 4.5k (4.5k is what backstab hits for. Shadowshot hits around 3k), and thats for 5 initiative, which is a lot. And no, thief doesnt. If thief had those, it wouldnt be the by far worst class in 2v2 and 3v3. What thief has is the ability to run around and away. Good for +1ing. Not so good for even fights.

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:Wanna know why no one has provided a video yet? Cause i've been deleting every single thief i've come across this past week, so the only footage anyone can have so far is being insta-eliminated by hilarious 4-8k reaper autos.

Exactly, 2-3 autos and thief dead....... but thief much too op, so scare, much stealth, moar nerf needed.

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:

@"UNOwen.7132" said:Shadowshot is not a heavy hitter and it doesnt hit anywhere
close
to 4.5k (4.5k is what
backstab
hits for.)

Whatever thief

394NpP0.pngUsQ3jbF.pngyYJ9mPD.png

Woooo we paintin' now bois xd

POe3oC9.pngK4eApI1.pngZWtozre.pngovBcSJb.png

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:Bruh 8k burst from stealth on full trailblazer is not significant damage? The thief was a pepega incapable of keeping up the pressure nor stealing, but the damage is there.

"whatever mesmer"

• Confused 1

Thief has great mobility even with sb nerf, that said for a rogue class their burst is absolutely garbage now, anet over the last year and a half have utterly destroyed the class and its build deversity almost as bad as warrior. The whole hit and run playstyle usually comes with high burst and mobility but now in gw2 u can match or surpass thiefs bursts easily while also being able to stick it out in the fight. Basically thief in it's current form has great mobility, great evasion potential although usually most is needed to disengage, mediocre burst, poor sustained damage and 11k hp. Its probably the weakest rogue like class in any mmo right now, name me another rogue like that doesn't have not only high burst but thee highest or near highest bursts in the game in question. Gw2 players are 90% casual care bears and theres a reason they chose gw2 for their mmo pvp needs, they can't handle a proper rogue like that actually bursts hard during the hit phase before it reaches the run phase. Bursts needs to be high and occur fast enough to make a significant impact vs its enemy before taking heat and having to run. Even +1'ing for ur teamates in today's iteration of gw2 takes to long in most cases on thief cuz ur damage is so lame ur like a annoying mosquito buzzing around ur enemies head while they tank most ur damage, sure u can down them but takes so long it's no longer worth it.

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:

close
to 4.5k (4.5k is what
backstab
hits for.)

Whatever thief

I play thief and ranger as my mains and i can tell you that in spvp shadow shot can only hit those numbers in 2 ways:situations where the target has lots of vulnerability or the theif has lots of might, both of which have to come from external sources since the class cannot stack them with d/p.Or by runing executioner & rune of eagle/inifltration/scholar stacked with some other scalable damage modifiers (lead attacks, no quarter, ect) and probably zerker amulet in which case we are dealing with a total glass canon.

The reality of the matter is that on ranger i have a build which plays as bruiser with demolisher amulet and runes of speed, on which i can make my pet do 4-5k attacks every 4-10 seconds while playing defensively if i want. Or i can go role a melee decap build (s/d gs traited with quick draw) and chase theives across the map while actually being able to win duels on far nodes against mostly anything.When compared to other classes thief does not deal that much damage outside thier burst window, but to get that the thief has to heavily trait in to steal and damage leaving them glassy, literally the only thing thief can do well is disengage and run away.Also i like how the issue ppl have with thief is exclusively about d/p but the majority of the thread addresses the class as a whole when talking about how op it is; when in fact most of it is a total joke and will be unplayable if d/p gets nerfed.

@foste.3098 said:

close
to 4.5k (4.5k is what
backstab
hits for.)

Whatever thief

I play thief and ranger as my mains and i can tell you that in spvp shadow shot can only hit those numbers in 2 ways:situations where the target has lots of vulnerability or the theif has lots of might, both of which have to come from external sources since the class cannot stack them with d/p.Or by runing executioner & rune of eagle/inifltration/scholar stacked with some other scalable damage modifiers (lead attacks, no quarter, ect) and probably zerker amulet in which case we are dealing with a total glass canon.

IDK about the first two 'cause those happened during matches and the 5.something screenshot probably had something going on. The third happened during some duels I was having for fun with a friend and I can assure you there was no might\vuln involved, nor signet of the assassin.

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:

close
to 4.5k (4.5k is what
backstab
hits for.)

Whatever thief

Ah yes, context-less screenshots. Cant even tell if its post-patch or pre-patch, or used a specific scenario to push up the damage. Classic evidence. I mean its not like we have a lot of footage of MAs showing thieves hitting 4.5k with backstab on squishies, and just over 3k with shadowshot.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@UNOwen.7132 said:Shadowshot is not a heavy hitter and it doesnt hit anywhere
close
to 4.5k (4.5k is what
backstab
hits for.)

Whatever thief

Ah yes, context-less screenshots. Cant even tell if its post-patch or pre-patch, or used a specific scenario to push up the damage. Classic evidence. I mean its not like we have a lot of footage of MAs showing thieves hitting 4.5k with backstab on squishies, and just over 3k with shadowshot.

4.977 and 5.476 are from the same guy I had a match with in 28/11/2020, the other one is from a duel I had in 20/11/2020; these skills didn't undergo any change since then.

But you know that very well because I've gathered them for you when you were complaining about thief dealing no damage in a similar thread a couple of months ago. Since then I've started screenshotting combat logs for a week or so and then stopped as the thread died but in that time I've gathered evidence for 5.7k backstab (some crazy-ass dude was running assassin signet and went for an 8k), 5k cluster bombs, 4.5k larcenous strike, 4.9k cloak&dagger. I've also learned that cloak&dagger into backstab can hit for some solid 10K, which is kinda situational but it's there.

Didn't post these other screenshots as we were talking about shadowshot, but I've been called a liar for saying thief can hit these numbers (and it's quite regular, all of these screenshots were collected in a week and I'm not playing in some high-tier legendary level against God knows who) and I provided the evidence to back up my claims. Your best answer is calling my evidence false, my answer is the same as it's been in that thread.

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:JUST THINNER YOUR FINGER

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:

close
to 4.5k (4.5k is what
backstab
hits for.)

Whatever thief

4.977 and 5.476 are from the same guy I had a match with in 28/11/2020, the other one is from a duel I had in 20/11/2020; these skills didn't undergo any change since then.

But you know that very well because I've gathered them for
you
when you were complaining about thief dealing no damage in a similar thread a couple of months ago. Since then I've started screenshotting combat logs for a week or so and then stopped as the thread died but in that time I've gathered evidence for 5.7k backstab (some crazy-kitten dude was running assassin signet and went for an 8k), 5k cluster bombs, 4.5k larcenous strike, 4.9k cloak&dagger. I've also learned that cloak&dagger into backstab can hit for some solid 10K, which is kinda situational but it's there.

Didn't post these other screenshots as we were talking about shadowshot, but I've been called a liar for saying thief can hit these numbers (and it's quite regular, all of these screenshots were collected in a week and I'm not playing in some high-tier legendary level against God knows who) and I provided the evidence to back up my claims. Your best answer is calling my evidence false, my answer is the same as it's been in that thread.

JUST THINNER YOUR FINGER

Just look into streams from Pain and other top teefs. You will not see these numbers. Its not needed to show not proven screenshots and non realistic situations.

U can look at teef noodle dmg live on stream... show me 10k backstep... show me endless dodges ... show the opness

@Raiden The Beast.3016 said:

close
to 4.5k (4.5k is what
backstab
hits for.)

Whatever thief

But you know that very well because I've gathered them for
you
when you were complaining about thief dealing no damage in a similar thread a couple of months ago. Since then I've started screenshotting combat logs for a week or so and then stopped as the thread died but in that time I've gathered evidence for 5.7k backstab (some crazy-kitten dude was running assassin signet and went for an 8k), 5k cluster bombs, 4.5k larcenous strike, 4.9k cloak&dagger. I've also learned that cloak&dagger into backstab can hit for some solid 10K, which is kinda situational but it's there.

JUST THINNER YOUR FINGER

Just look into streams from Pain and other top teefs. You will not see these numbers. Its not needed to show not proven screenshots and non realistic situations.

U can look at teef noodle dmg live on stream... show me 10k backstep... show me endless dodges ... show the opness

Bruh there's the screenshot. It's literally there. Either you accuse me of tampering it or you believe what you see. How tf am I supposed to know what these guys were running? You think I've asked them the build they were using while they were hammering me? Numbers are the only thing I've got and these are the numbers.

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:

close
to 4.5k (4.5k is what
backstab
hits for.)

Whatever thief

That still doesnt tell us how much vulnerability was involved. After all,

is what the normal damage looks like. As you said, the skill wasnt changed. So how comes your guy did 86% more damage than a regular build? And if youre curious "is this because that build was built like a bunker", as you can see
no, it wasnt. So where did all of that damage come from? Its not like thieves arent using pretty much all the reliable damage I can get.

But you know that very well because I've gathered them for you when you were complaining about thief dealing no damage in a similar thread a couple of months ago. Since then I've started screenshotting combat logs for a week or so and then stopped as the thread died but in that time I've gathered evidence for 5.7k backstab (some crazy-kitten dude was running assassin signet and went for an 8k), 5k cluster bombs, 4.5k larcenous strike, 4.9k cloak&dagger. I've also learned that cloak&dagger into backstab can hit for some solid 10K, which is kinda situational but it's there.

Oh was that you back then? I recall you showing an example with an enemy who had 24 stacks of vulnerability and acting as if that was normal damage. Am I right in assuming that that is still the case here? Also, "4.9k cloak and dagger" is a pretty funny joke. Because that is obviously not possible, given that that would mean the backstab would do 7000 damage, when backstabs do 4.5k-5k damage max now.

You have been, because it cant. You havent provided evidence, just screenshots devoid of context. I've shown you the performance of thief in an actual game. The damage it does in a normal circumstance. You now have to explain where thief is getting the extra 86% damage multiplier from.