Goodbye Tempest

JusticeRetroHunter.7684

Lately I haven't even been using this trait on heal tempest anyway, regen/vigor boon uptime instead is really nice ... most of your auras (weapons/overloads) were always 6 targets and remain to be, and you can still heal just fine without 11 target shouts ;) for tempest roamers, it's a little bit of weakness and might uptime, you'll live without this trait (literally, you will live longer without this trait, take bottom trait).

That being said, what is this trait even good for now?I'm personally not going to use it in any builds. They did kind of gut this trait.

But not tempest. Don't be ridiculous.

@"fuzzyp.6295" said:EDIT: actually, nevermind I don't really wanna get into a debate much about large scale vs small scale honestly so I just removed my post since it really seems like its just a matter of perspective. All I'll say is that Tempest will continue to thrive in small scale combat and I encourage anyone who loves Tempest to try it out in a 5 man group to see how powerful it can be outside of a zerg setting.

lol it's still REALLY useful in a large zerg, but yeah especially in small-scale I guess.

People reacted the same way after staff weaver changes. "Staff Weaver is dead", "not viable anymore", "rev is better, scourge is better" ... seems like a lot of that talk simmered down since then, especially after I made

? Next up: Heal Tempest is Great, What Are You Talking About #1 ?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah I try it and its dumb now, parking it forever until Arenanet change it. May aswell reduce all those shouts radius into 180 so it fits well with smallscale fight. thank you arenanet.oh and anet, u know that elementalist got this OP cleanse skills from fire trait that allow them to cleanse too much condi by transmuting their aura..u should have nerf that too bcz they will compete with scrapper. squishy ele should not cleanse that much, right?. nerf this too. then no one would play ele anymore. everyone in anet dev is happy. :)

whats the point of being an elit spec then? core ele can share aura to five people too..if u say so, whats up with this heavy armor class with high hp high defense big damage that could share his boons up to 10 people? whats up with that? thats even more broken than 3s aura share. guess what, the boon share heavy armor class got his boon even more ridiculous, it linger with him forever and every 10 people arround him. wouldnt that a stupid idea to begin with?

@"FrownyClown.8402" said:Having skills affect 10 targets was a stupid idea to begin with.

Its a shout they should high more targets then just 5 or you simply have other skill that simply support better. The ideal is to have big spells that dont apply that song effect but hit more targets vs smaller skills that only hit 5 or less but are siginfily stronger in effect. Now shouts are week support skills that only hit small numbers so they are now weaker then other support skills. More so on tempest then other classes as there no cdr effect for tempest and the 3 might is nothing for an "support" skill class.

There are other 10 target skills in the game and they been 10 target for a long time.

@solemn.9608

Yeah you are right about zergs. I never meant to suggest Tempest wasn't useful in zergs at all or that players who use tempest in zergs are somehow playing the class wrong. I just meant that a good Tempest can really carry a small scale battle more reliably than most other support based classes because of its flexibility. That is why I believe it has been better suited for that niche of supporting your immediate party.

EDIT: I think i screwed up the @. Oh well :disappointed:

In the WvW tempest situation the problem is not the tempest part but the WvW part, 10 man skills promote zerging which IS a problem both on the technical level "zergs being heavy on the servers" and is the tactical level, zergs are killing wvw no longer people play tactically and are just mindless balls from one objective to another to cap X for wvw points and goodies mindlessly i've seen zergs even avoid fighting all together just to cap things

This patch is one of the best things to happen to wvw in a long time.

Any good guild group would know, Scrapper was already far more essential than Tempest. That didn't mean tempest was bad, it was just a luxury you could add in.

Now they nerf the one thing that proved it viable (10 man burst heal, immob, & rebound) without touching scrapper, so it's literally worthless to take them now.

I hope anet realizes their mistake and we don't have to wait 6 months for the next balance update where they barely improve tempest. The Tempest auras are cute but it's not enough to compete with constant heal and cleanse spam, stealth, huge superspeed uptime and other utility like mine, reveals, etc. that scrapper can do. You need to either significantly nerf scrapper or improve Tempest healing, boon output and give it something else like reverting the immob changes or adding resistance. Because it's deadweight now compared to other options. I say this as an ele main as well.

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

I hope anet realizes their mistake and we don't have to wait 6 months for the next balance update where they barely improve tempest.

You mean wait till a year after expansion because they are too busy nerfing core Ele because of the next elite spec?

I mean the improved tempest is core ele getting a tool tip update on dagger 2 air by no means is that an real update lol.

• 1 month later...