[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

@Super Hayes.6890 said:Isn't there a golem in the home instance that lets you change music? Something like that would be nice for guild halls. It could be updated easily once implemented. Just add tabs for new music add ons. I second the OP.

Yes they have this it is a golem that is unlocked in Draconis Mons story. Would be a good implementation to Guild halls

@"Super Hayes.6890" said:Isn't there a golem in the home instance that lets you change music? Something like that would be nice for guild halls. It could be updated easily once implemented. Just add tabs for new music add ons. I second the OP.

Yeah but also, this system already exist and work perfectly in sun refuge: You have a D-Jey golem npc allowing you to play a ton of different themes way more than mox from draconis story. They basically just have to copy paste that npc. No issues cause sun refuge, like home instance or guild hall are instances, it is compatible. I would like to have the sun refuge one in home instance too.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PJKT_D33-J4Y

1) Reduce PoF and LWS4 enemies aggro range back down to 600. Dealing with a chain of aggro after aggro is so infuriatingly annoying for some of us, we just avoid these maps like the plague. This is one of my major gripes, and one of the reasons I have no interest in EoD.

2) Let us reduce visual clutter so that players can actually see during combat. Right now, too many metas and world bosses are mindless and incomprehensible mess. It's like we're fighting flashing lights that may randomly kill us. This results in combat being too shallow, mindless, and not at all engaging. A slider that let's us adjust the visibility of other players' spell effects, my character's spell effects, and PVE enemies' spell effects would do wonders. Again, this is one of the reasons I have no interest in EoD.

3) Let us move the target UI to the side. Again, we can't see the enemies.

4) Let us turn off player names (displayed as blue text on field) while in an open world PVE squad. Again, we can't see the enemies.

5) Let us reduce the unhealthy and painfully bright visual effects and flashing lights. The lighting/contrast on some maps is so extreme it is literally painful for me to look at the screen (Mistlock Sanctuary, anything PoF and beyond). Then there is the spam of bright flashing lights every time a Holosmith uses a skill, whenever a Soulbeast mounts (exiting Beastmode), whenever a jackal uses the engage skill, whenever triggering a Vista, whenever gathering with the Volatile Magic gathering tools, etc. This is another reason I have no interest in EoD.

Turning off postprocessing minimally helps with this, but it turns off all lighting and makes the game so dark that in dark maps at night time (like Ember Bay), I can't even see the surroundings. It's like trying to find my way around my apartment at night during a blackout. Also, it makes the game look too flat. It gets annoying constantly having to turn PP on and off depending on what I'm doing.

6) Change World Completion (Gift of Exploration x2) to any total 303 hearts, 486 WP’s, 652 PoI’s, 189 HP’s, and 226 Vistas (regardless of chapter/expansion, LWS, IBS, etc.). This would allow characters to make GoE progress from any open world PVE map in the game instead of being restricted to core Tyria. Working on GoE's is probably the biggest repeatable solo content for characters to do, but since it is limited only to core Tyria maps, it can feel very restrictive and repetitive (all core Tyria maps feel the same). Allowing characters to play more maps in the game for GoE's would open up more solo contents to do. Too many level 80 maps have very little solo contents (HoT maps, Dragonfall, Drizzlewood, etc.), or are only worth doing once per account for a collection/achievement. Not only that, some of us veterans want to use more brain power than just face rolling our way through core Tyria, which is often just too easy to be engaging.

Also, let the Gift of Mastery, Gift of Maguuma Mastery, and Gift of Desert Mastery be interchangeable for all legendary weapons (it's weirdly inconsistent right now since only some legendaries have interchangeable GoM's).

7) Speaking of solo contents, give us more repeatable solo stuff with meaningful rewards. Too many solo events are only worth doing once for a collection/achievement. Solo maps are often dead. Contents with good repeatable rewards are mostly for groups, but not everybody likes to mindlessly zerg-rush 24/7. Also, sometimes, we want to play specific maps, but there are no groups available.

HoT Maps: Pre-meta events reward keys and materials, but too many event chains require groups. Not worth repeating outside of metas. Change the event chains to be solo friendly and slightly increase rewards to make them worth repeating.Dragonfall: Pre-meta events reward keys. Good, but so few events are solo-friendly. We need more solo events that reward keys.Bjora Marches: Lots of solo events, but with no meaningful rewards, there's no reason to go back there.Drizzlewood: Pre-meta events have a lot of good rewards, but like Dragonfall, so few events are solo-friendly. We need more solo oriented events.

8) Give us metas and bosses that have actual, interesting mechanics. Too many are just mindless zerg-rush and you can finish them with auto attacks while not even paying attention to the game. At least give us more dangerous moves with clear tells so that we have to dodge if we don't want to get killed. They don't have to be hard, just give us something more engaging. Also, don't make encounters drag on for too long. Some metas/bosses last too long for how simple the encounters are.

9) Let us completely turn off story objectives so it doesn't display on the top right. Quitting personal story doesn't work since the next time I log on, the story objective shows up again. With the nearby map completion item, story objective, holiday notice, and daily notices all taking up space on the top right of the screen, I can't see the event objective of the event that I'm trying to do in maps like Dragonfall. It's yet another example of this game's unnecessary clutter.

Something I kind of want is the ability for a squad to have options for hiding members on the map or visible name designation to members through surfaces, so say perhaps people could form squads for doing hide and seek and the hider can hide multiple characters around a map while be within the squad, and nobody will just cheat and find them and they can keep the correct instance easier. Almost like having a Closet commander or nonspecified as squad members, squad members. Could situate in the P menu as a dropdown box or something.

There are many professions that summon all sorts of pets or animations. A few examples are Necromancer minions, Elementalist elementals, or Guardian spirit weapons.

There should be no game mechanic that destroys these summons prematurely outside of a PvP match reset.

A couple of examples of annoying and arguably broken game mechanics that can destroy some types of summons:

• Mounting
  • Transformations (e.g. simply using the Candy Corn Gobbler)

The cost in summoning all these things has already been paid by players in terms of the player's time to cast them and any cooldowns that must be waited out.

Third attempt to post this message in proper place. Hope this will be finally right one.

I would be so glad if you introduce sort of grace period after using make over kit. In game character editor not even coming close to actually representing character in game so this is just forcing players to just using kits one after another one to try get desired result. And just recreating char on early stage isn't a solution since 1/3 of options is hidden behind kits. So I already spent 20 statues trying to get needed result and still need to do some finishing touches considering real in game light. And having sort of grace period for half a hour for example will solve this kitten issue.Thanks for reading, while I continue to waste my in game resources trying to finally finish editing my char for a third time.

P.S. As a bonus to make Character editor really better, how about you will add button which allow to preview character in different environment... You know... Like other MMO have it. Cheers.

The home Instance nodes are a great and useful resource in the game. I however do not get the chance to play as much as I would like and am always running out of keys to open the different chests I bought for my home instance (Bandit locked chest, exalted chest, etc.). Have you ever thought of selling a universal home instance key that will allow the player to open all the chest in the home instance without requiring a key?

Please add more Equipment templates to 8 or 12. 6 simply not enough.Also consider to separate Weapons into independent templates.Equipment templates will hold Armor + Runes, Weapon Templates will hold Weapons + Sigils. Both Template version can be activated independently.

For a long time i have big problems with Thief. With all possible weapon variations, sigil variations and specializations i have no choice but abandon certain specs+weapon+sigil combos, because of templates it is not easy anymore to equip\switch weapons from inventory.

• Being able to open bags/consume luck/salvage/inventory sort while sitting on a chair.

Guild decors:

• sylvari style decorations would be nice. Hammock, Chair mushroom, table mushroom.
  • curtains

Gem store items requests:Stylish Shoes request - allow us to dye the 'skin' part of it, so that we can match the cute shoes with clothing that has stocking, etc.for the items that we paid for that made us bald (such as top hat etc), please add some placeholder hair or make it above the character's hair. I don't care what hair, any hair or our pre-existing (except for the charr minihat, that one is cute enough to be a bald charr.

So this are things i would love to have and would use daily and wanted to share:-A option to ping/mark a category in lfg so everytime i open the menu during that session it would go automaticaly to that section (bonus points for remebering the filters written)-Chat comands for clean all messages, print in chat the squad message and other to print in chat the message of the day of the guild you are representing or ever any guild you are inis there anyone else who would use things like that?

I agree it would be useful to be able to keep a specific LFG category open as there's a lot of situations where you'll probably want to use the same one multiple times.

I'm not sure I really understand your chat suggestions, but it does already show the message of the day for your guild whenever you switch which one you're representing (it shows the one you select, if you want to see all of them just select each one in turn), and you can also see it at any time in the guild menu.

@Danikat.8537 said:I agree it would be useful to be able to keep a specific LFG category open as there's a lot of situations where you'll probably want to use the same one multiple times.

I'm not sure I really understand your chat suggestions, but it does already show the message of the day for your guild whenever you switch which one you're representing (it shows the one you select, if you want to see all of them just select each one in turn), and you can also see it at any time in the guild menu.

its more so i can repeat the message and have it as the most resent without having to switch back in the guild menu, my guild put there a lot or usefull links and stuff, the other one is the same but for squad so dont have to go to the menu to check what is says and the other is just to clean the full log of chats

Just noticed this forum after I made a post.but cant seem to edit or remove post I made so yeah.

Ability to see in other characters inventory when open inventory or crafting

Don't know if been stated before having the ability to see in other characters inventory from like a small drop down menu pretty much a glass window you cant open basically shared inventory slots but you cant touch with a search function. I just feel it be QoL when looking to see what you got and haven't out side of bank tabs and Crafting storage. saves you having to log in out like 40 characters to find what your looking for.

Am guessing the tech might be there as of the shared inventory's why I am kind of putting it forward as something that maybe can be done.

@Matsuriko.4305 said:

@"kharmin.7683" said:There is a QoL thread conveniently stickied to the top of the forum specifically for these requests. Maybe you didn't see it?

oh sorry i dont come to the forum too ofter so didnt check oups totaly my bad

Doesn't matter. It's not a requirement to post there for QoL by any means. Here is just fine, the other thread just gets greater visibility is all

I like the idea of favouriting lfg groups in some way

Since the game is called Guild Wars 2, I would like there to be more quality of life features, or rather.. essential features... that are missing right now.For one, many of different permissions are merged into one, making it very difficult to rank people up without giving them an ability to pull something bad. If I'm giving someone the ability to invite people to the guild, I don't want to also give them the ability to kick and rank up those below them. If I'm giving someone an ability to start guild missions whenever they like, I don't want them to also be able to mess up the weekly guild mission's preference. It makes no sense to me. At least half of the permissions are this messy, and it blows my mind that it hasn't been changed yet.

As for the quality of life part, I think it would be nice if the information about who invited whom to the guild would be stored somewhere. Also, it would be really useful to see if someone was in the guild previously and was either kicked from it, or left. And whenever I rank someone up, it would be nice if the roster said what their previous rank was, for example "??? has changed the role of ??? from something to something". It's also a bit silly, that I have to go to an external website like gw2efficiency, just to check when a certain guild member joined the guild. I don't see this information anywhere in the game, but maybe I'm blind.

Was thinking about that LFG thing as well totally agree. To rearrange or to color mark or have the ability to keep multiply lfg categories open even after logging out .

That way you could also wait for multiply events you're interested to pop up and join the one u wanted the most.

I still wish for fixating the mini map. So often (mainly in WvW) I want to pan the mini map around and have it resized or moved to another screen corner.And nice in WvW would be to be able to ping guards (at the flags) too, not just camps or towers.And also for WvW: on the top right corner of the mini map is that "button" to see the two progression bars. And if you get a bouning chest the chance is very big to click on that button instead of on the chest. Could we move that button to somewhere else? Does anyone really use that button??

@Jay.5128 said:Just noticed this forum after I made a post.but cant seem to edit or remove post I made so yeah.

Ability to see in other characters inventory when open inventory or crafting

Don't know if been stated before having the ability to see in other characters inventory from like a small drop down menu pretty much a glass window you cant open basically shared inventory slots but you cant touch with a search function. I just feel it be QoL when looking to see what you got and haven't out side of bank tabs and Crafting storage. saves you having to log in out like 40 characters to find what your looking for.

Am guessing the tech might be there as of the shared inventory's why I am kind of putting it forward as something that maybe can be done.

The tech is there and this can be done already using an external website like gw2efficiency, it even provides a search function. You can type for example Dragonsblood Dagger and it will tell you which character has that weapon (or if it's in the bank). Having that kind of functionality inside the game would be absolutely great, but while waiting for it (if it's even implemented) we can use the alternative for now.

Just compare to bluish/ice ones, theres tons of options.

The red like infusions, of fire themed are boring or ugly.I have the Koda ones, basically only show on some human armors, anything bigger will make it dissapear.. i have fallen balthazar outfit, u barely notice kodas flame.We dont have anything like a 'red versions' of Ghostly infusion.

The ember infusion is ugly, i wonder why anet have fixation to tie anything related to flames with rocks, we know primordus is a "lava rock" dragon, but because of this we should have been tied to this "thematic" forever?

Lets check the blue, ice, "light purple", sky blue like infusions:

• Ghostly Infusion.
  • Winters Heart Infusion.
  • Snow Diamond Infusion.
  • Frost Legion Infusion.
  • Mystic Infusion.
  • Peerless Infusion.
  • Otter's Blessing Enrichment.

Not counting that all legendary trinkets are "light purple" thats fits in way or another a "light color" themed character.

Just to compare lets see the redish infusions:

• Ember Infusion (ugly, overexpensive, overused "lava rock" theme).
  • Koda's Warmth Enrichment (lots of clipping issues, the similar effect u get on Bitterfrost frontier map is more visible than this), also overexpensive too, at time i did make mine it was near 1000g, luckly it was at time when AB multimap farming was running.
  • Heart of the Khan-Ur (crazily expensive, also like ember infusion is a just a confuse, "rock like" red or flame effect, i never seen this in game, by the pictures i barely can get the "theme" they wanted with this, so be the "powerful khan ur guy" mean have a crazy skin effect?).

Im not even couting the cheap implementation of Polysaturating Reverberating Infusion (Red), Polyluminescent Undulating Refractor (Orange), is just a cheap/lazy implementation of already existing other colors effects, im dont count this as "hey guys we wanna do a cool red/fire like effect for u";.

Also i hope new expansion bring some decente legendary "flame" greatsword, its was should be balthazar one with big effects like Exordium(i have one), the Ascalonian Halowwen one and fallen Balthazar one are the coolest til now, the others are just a "big stick" designed for childs i guess.

And pls stop with this obscession with rock/lava when come to a "fire" theme, we have enough of this since flame legion armor from dungeons.

Agreed, but even more than red we need more green ones! And please for the love of god, more aura ones and less skin ones! They keep adding new infusions to change your skin but those are useless after one or maybe two. Meanwhile there are 18 slots to fill and far fewer aura infusions that can actually stack or mix with each other. My number 1 dream infusion is green lighting (pls anet)