[Answered] Why did we get DRMs instead of new Strikes?

Ashantara.8731

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:I don't understand why ANet repeatedly introduces "a new thing" only to abandon it soon after?
  • Dungeons: were replaced by Fractals :-1:
  • Bounties: were replaced by Strike Missions (
    okay, I never liked bounties to begin with
    )
  • Strikes: were replaced by Dragon Response Missions
  • WvW: also a neglected/abandoned child

A lot of players were expecting a new Strike Mission with this episode - I hope there
will
be one by the end. It's a great game mode.

Just stick to
something
I say. Dungeons were great, why the need for Fractals? Strike Missions were fun, why the need for DRMs, which are lengthy and boring to repeat?

Easy because apparently they laid of too much employee and senior staffs? Or maybe people quitting anet too. If you look at anet career post they look some people to fill crucial position. Which mean they are currently undermanned and of course we got underwhelming "new things" in result.They just doing the minimum (or below minimum maybe?) to hold community's interest like when they announce alliance to keep people hope but never deliver it.

Layoffs had nothing to do with GW2. I really wish people would stop saying so.

they were on GW2 payroll, but they were working on "other projects". that is not "nothing".this means is a lot of content missing from THIS game.content they are sorely missing now.You're on record as saying you cannot manage the difficulty of any content past Core.And you think there's a content drought?

some of it i can do, otherwise i wouldnt have upgraded mounts and both elite specs on several classes. and there is definately a content drought regardingeasy content. no new classes, no new races, balance patches almost non existant, pvp/WwW content is neglected, and the latest DRMs are clearly the minimumstandard for content. but hey, everything is just fine, right?

I thought DRMs would be right up your ally its as close to core they have got in a long time.

havent tried one, and i am not going to either. from what i have read, they are long and unrewarding. no thanks.

@battledrone.8315 said:wow. if ncsoft really had another project, wouldnt they had hired a new team for it, so anet could focus their resources on this game??

No, why would they hire an entirely new team? Arenanet had the same resources and focus allocated on Guild Wars 2 as they had before those new projects started. The extra people hired where working on the new projects, and the number of those still working on Guild Wars 2 was the same (if not higher) than before.

and ncsoft is a huge company, they surely would have the resources to finish a project with a a few hundred employees, instead of just ditching it , and taking a loss

We don't know exactly why they ditched the project. Plus NCSoft has ditched many projects in the past, I've been in numerous closed beta tests for NCSoft games, and let me tell you, a lot of them never got released.

perhaps you are happy to pay for vaporware, but i am not

You are getting the exact same developer effort you always had. The new projects did not drain the resources from Guild Wars 2, they were -extra- additions.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@battledrone.8315 said:havent tried one, and i am not going to either. from what i have read, they are long and unrewarding. no thanks.And they make up the majority of the story droplet we got in champions so far, so not doing them means not doing the story droplet.

im good with that. only played one mmo for the story, and that was swtor. and after the story in drizzlewood, i dont want to know more of this onedragons living INSIDE walls...no. just no

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@battledrone.8315 said:wow. if ncsoft really had another project, wouldnt they had hired a new team for it, so anet could focus their resources on this game??

No, why would they hire an entirely new team? Arenanet had the same resources and focus allocated on Guild Wars 2 as they had before those new projects started. The extra people hired where working on the new projects, and the number of those still working on Guild Wars 2 was the same (if not higher) than before.

and ncsoft is a huge company, they surely would have the resources to finish a project with a a few hundred employees, instead of just ditching it , and taking a loss

We don't know exactly why they ditched the project. Plus NCSoft has ditched many projects in the past, I've been in numerous closed beta tests for NCSoft games, and let me tell you, a lot of them never got released.

You are getting the exact same developer effort you always had. The new projects did not drain the resources from Guild Wars 2, they were -extra- additions.

if that was true, then why did gaile leave? did she work on the OTHER PROJECT too? they lost some of the more experienced GW2 personnel at the sametime. how do you explain THAT?

@battledrone.8315 said:

if that was true, then why did gaile leave? did she work on the OTHER PROJECT too? they lost some of the more experienced GW2 personnel at the sametime. how do you explain THAT?

She left on her own accord so other people that been with the company fewer years could stay

@battledrone.8315 said:

Buddy, what's your issue here?https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1398760#Comment_1398760You've recently said you've chosen another game that you enjoy and can play 24/7. Instead of sitting on a forum of the game you apparently hate for absolutely anything and everything, how about you just go play what you enjoy like you said you did? What exactly are you fighting for here?

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

Buddy, what's your issue here?
You've recently said you've chosen another game that you enjoy and can play 24/7. Instead of sitting on a forum of the game you apparently hate for absolutely anything and everything, how about you just go play what you enjoy like you said you did? What exactly are you fighting for here?

wrong, core tyria is the best levelling experience i ever had, and that is what i am fighting for. and that door swings both ways, youre always in the forums tooif you cant stand to read other opinions, then why are you here in the first place?

@Linken.6345 said:

She left on her own accord so other people that been with the company fewer years could stay

yep, and in which universe would losing experienced personnel NOT mean a resource drain? is it the same, where the expansions were successful?cause that would actually make some sense to me.

@battledrone.8315 said:

Buddy, what's your issue here?
You've recently said you've chosen another game that you enjoy and can play 24/7. Instead of sitting on a forum of the game you apparently hate for absolutely anything and everything, how about you just go play what you enjoy like you said you did? What exactly are you fighting for here?

wrong, core tyria is the best levelling experience i ever had, and that is what i am fighting for. and that door swings both ways, youre always in the forums tooif you cant stand to read other opinions, then why are you here in the first place?

When did I write that I can't stand reading other opinions? I'm not the one that claims that I "have chosen to play another game instead". :D

• Confused 1

@battledrone.8315 said:

yep, and in which universe would losing experienced personnel NOT mean a resource drain? is it the same, where the expansions were successful?cause that would actually make some sense to me.

So have you seen anyone take on Gailes jobb and talk to us?I havent so they cut a position they then dident deem nessesary to fill again.Btw what game was it that you could play all day everyday without repeating content?