AFK Leeching in Dragon Response Missions and Drizzlewood Coast

Eloc Freidon.5692

@Linken.6345 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:Why is this a problem? Do these players prevent others from achieving the rewards?

The afkers occupy 'players slots' in the current instance. Instead of having more people to help, you have less people actually doing things while these people leech rewards. If the maps didn't have a player cap it would not matter, but since they do, leeching players do matter. Less people doing things will make the metas even longer to complete.

... except those player slots are ALSO occupied by people NOT doing the meta as well. You realize by inferring that people in meta maps not doing meta are a problem ... you are implying people should play the game how you want them to? Should I explain to you why THAT is a BIGGER problem than the people you think are AFK leeching and slowing down your meta?

yep, the whole concept is flawed from the very start. which is why other mmos make special maps for this kind of activity.same with the bosses and dynamic events. give them their own maps, so players get a CHOICE

Maybe, but that's how it works here and I don't think it's the significant issue to completing content people make it sound like. I also don't see it changing anytime because IIRC, Anet ALREADY changed the game to megeservers to ENABLE this map population approach to solve a BIGGER problem of not having ENOUGH people in a map to complete the meta at all.

So take your pick ...
maybe
slower meta completion with maps that have the population to do it ... or
maybe
people being stuck in multiple map instances that can't complete meta at all. There IS a trade off and while there are instances where population mixes are not optimal, the megaserver implementation is clearly better than it was for more people.

i have chosen to play another game instead. one where i dont have to do metas at all. and a sub fee means nothing for a game, that i can play (almost) 24/7

What game is that were you dont have to repeat content at all?

never said anything about repetition. dcuo scales all players above lvl 15 to the appropriate level in all new content. and that is actually a gear grinder.even a F2P character can just log in and do the latest content.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:Why is this a problem? Do these players prevent others from achieving the rewards?

The afkers occupy 'players slots' in the current instance. Instead of having more people to help, you have less people actually doing things while these people leech rewards. If the maps didn't have a player cap it would not matter, but since they do, leeching players do matter. Less people doing things will make the metas even longer to complete.

... except those player slots are ALSO occupied by people NOT doing the meta as well. You realize by inferring that people in meta maps not doing meta are a problem ... you are implying people should play the game how you want them to? Should I explain to you why THAT is a BIGGER problem than the people you think are AFK leeching and slowing down your meta?

yep, the whole concept is flawed from the very start. which is why other mmos make special maps for this kind of activity.same with the bosses and dynamic events. give them their own maps, so players get a CHOICE

Maybe, but that's how it works here and I don't think it's the significant issue to completing content people make it sound like. I also don't see it changing anytime because IIRC, Anet ALREADY changed the game to megeservers to ENABLE this map population approach to solve a BIGGER problem of not having ENOUGH people in a map to complete the meta at all.

So take your pick ...
maybe
maybe
people being stuck in multiple map instances that can't complete meta at all. There IS a trade off and while there are instances where population mixes are not optimal, the megaserver implementation is clearly better than it was for more people.

i have chosen to play another game instead. one where i dont have to do metas at all. and a sub fee means nothing for a game, that i can play (almost) 24/7

OK ... I can also play a game with NO sub and not do meta content and 24/7 if I choose to ... it's called GW2. What's your point? What does that have to do with this thread? How does this have ANYTHING to do with the post you replied to?

good luck getting any masteries done without metas. what else is there to get so many XPs in maguma....lets see....that would be NOTHINGif you want gliding and mounts, you basically have to do metas.

@battledrone.8315 said:

So take your pick ...
maybe
maybe

OK ... I can also play a game with NO sub and not do meta content and 24/7 if I choose to ... it's called GW2. What's your point? What does that have to do with this thread? How does this have ANYTHING to do with the post you replied to?

good luck getting any masteries done without metas. what else is there to get so many XPs in maguma....lets see....that would be NOTHINGif you want gliding and mounts, you basically have to do metas.

What else? You get xp for anything, so... literally anything other than standing still. Claiming that you need to do metas for xp or you won't be able to get masteries is hilarious. And wrong.

• Confused 1

@battledrone.8315 said:

So take your pick ...
maybe
maybe

This thread has nothing to do with getting masteries done ... so again, what does this have to do with the thread?

Besides that ... what you said is provably WRONG ... so get off your soapbox. Clearly GW2 just isn't for you if you think the only way for you to get XP in Maguma is doing meta. Seems to me your biggest problem is that you don't understand the game.