Burning is abusive

anjo.6143

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, nerf burn, I am fine with it, just give squishy Guards and Weavers the ability to roast people within 3-4 secs by raw unblockable power damage with enough fallback tools, when pulled of correctly and being properly geared.

Burn Builds are already gimmicky and one trick pony enough, not defining any meta or existing without any meaningful counterplay. Fire Weaver has been roasted (haha) by balance patch last spring and has never been fixed ever after, Guardians saw their power and gimmicks being stripped away over the course of the last year, resulting in them being pidgeonholed more than ever. And don't get me started on about how much competitively the mesmer class has been deleted or the utter garbage state Condi Ranger is in and has been since 8 years in PvP. What's your point, guys? Shout Warriors vs. Burst Holo vs. D/P Thieves only in PvP? Aight?

It's funny everyone defending guards yet in last month or so for some reason every single match in gold 3/plat 1 has one or 2 trap dh's or burn guard per team hmmmm guess everyone just figured out trap dh or burn guards are just a fun specs right? Their as common as reaper, renegades and ele's now. Basically those 4 classes make up 90% of the players in pvp these days, guess its cuz their all the most fun classes right lol.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:It's funny everyone defending guards yet in last month or so for some reason every single match in gold 3/plat 1 has one or 2 trap dh's or burn guard per team hmmmm guess everyone just figured out trap dh or burn guards are just a fun specs right? Their as common as reaper, renegades and ele's now. Basically those 4 classes make up 90% of the players in pvp these days, guess its cuz their all the most fun classes right lol.

Please show us evidence of Burn Guards and Fire Weavers dominating Platinum.

@Mauti.3520 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:It's funny everyone defending guards yet in last month or so for some reason every single match in gold 3/plat 1 has one or 2 trap dh's or burn guard per team hmmmm guess everyone just figured out trap dh or burn guards are just a fun specs right? Their as common as reaper, renegades and ele's now. Basically those 4 classes make up 90% of the players in pvp these days, guess its cuz their all the most fun classes right lol.

Please show us evidence of Burn Guards and Fire Weavers dominating Platinum.

I was in plat 1 for 2 days now in gold 3 three for last 3 and have not had one match without a dh and reaper on both teams and at least a renegade and ele on one of the teams, there's a reason for such but keep pretending lol matters little since the games population has plummeted and is only getting worse due to such and many other reasons.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:Here is an interesting look at a bit of truth beyond the psychology of these power vs. condi debacles:

Imagine how much more it would kitten people off, if Maul & WI dealt the same exact damage that they did now, but it happened over the course of 10 seconds. So I hit a guy with Maul into WI and then he tries to run away, only to watch his health pool disappear over the course of 10s as he teleports away around a corner and completely disengages me, but still goes into downstate. There is something about "Getting away but then still dying" that really triggers people. And as much as some would not want to admit this, it is absolutely 100% true.Agreed some peeps think of condi like "damage already done overtime" but they would not consider the same for power damage because that would be outrageous.

When the Feb balance patch happened all power damage and
sustain
was nerfed but not the condi output and damage. As such Conditions are overtuned at the moment and it should be addressed.

I don't understand why that concept is that is that difficult to grasp.

Ummmm, he wasn't agreeing with you.

If Maul did the exact same total damage over 10s rather than instantly, nothing would change with regards Ranger's strength. Infact, if anything, it would become weaker, because it would give people a chance to heal through it. But it would result in a whole lot more people whinging about it.

While we're on the subject of Ranger:

Is everyone crying about how OP this is?

And I already said I'd be fine with Power damage happening over time (as, in fact, it does already on some skills). But you seem to have ignored that.

What people seem to forget when they start whining about condi doing xxx damage in total is that it's not instant, they go 'zomg 5k in one skill. Op!' because the tooltip said so. Not only can it be healed through by not being instant, but in the case of condi it can be cleansed and entirely negated after someone got hit with it. A more accurate comparison using Maul would be that it did the same damage over time but could be healed through and negated by another skill after you already got slapped. I can already picture the QQ if Maul or WI worked like that.

at first, any abusive thing in pvp - is part of pvp balance. So if you see burn guard - RUN! Don't try kill that solo. It is pvp, but not low lv pve where u can press 1 and get success.So after that you need check, if have 2 member if possible kill burn guard. If no - run too.If 3 members do it -is may be possible and u will get luck.

As for me this i ok, that some class is good balanced, and make some fun for people.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:Here is an interesting look at a bit of truth beyond the psychology of these power vs. condi debacles:

Imagine how much more it would kitten people off, if Maul & WI dealt the same exact damage that they did now, but it happened over the course of 10 seconds. So I hit a guy with Maul into WI and then he tries to run away, only to watch his health pool disappear over the course of 10s as he teleports away around a corner and completely disengages me, but still goes into downstate. There is something about "Getting away but then still dying" that really triggers people. And as much as some would not want to admit this, it is absolutely 100% true.Agreed some peeps think of condi like "damage already done overtime" but they would not consider the same for power damage because that would be outrageous.

sustain
was nerfed but not the condi output and damage. As such Conditions are overtuned at the moment and it should be addressed.

If Maul did the exact same total damage over 10s rather than instantly, nothing would change with regards Ranger's strength. Infact, if anything, it would become weaker, because it would give people a chance to heal through it. But it would result in a whole lot more people whinging about it.

And I already said I'd be fine with Power damage happening over time (as, in fact, it does already on some skills). But you seem to have ignored that.

What people seem to forget when they start whining about condi doing xxx damage in total is that it's not instant, they go 'zomg 5k in one skill. Op!' because the tooltip said so. Not only can it be healed through by not being instant, but in the case of condi it can be cleansed and entirely negated after someone got hit with it. A more accurate comparison using Maul would be that it did the same damage over time but could be healed through and negated by another skill after you already got slapped. I can already picture the QQ if Maul or WI worked like that.

Lmao 5k what? No the issue is when stacks and tick damage are so high AND reapliable with such ease that not only is the damage in the 20k-25k range (sometimes more) but it's also easily reapplied which is the problem as even if u wait for full stacks and lose 50% of ur hp before cleansing they just get reapplied so the just cleanse argument falls flat, not to mention on certain classes their availability promotes braindead spammy gameplay which is bad for the game but also on a class like guard a lot of it is passive lmao. Keep defending this gbage and whatcha everyone who doesn't play these classes simply quit as most have hence the population being nil.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

sustain

Lmao 5k what? No the issue is when stacks and tick damage are so high AND reapliable with such ease that not only is the damage in the 20k-25k range (sometimes more) but it's also easily reapplied which is the problem as even if u wait for full stacks and lose 50% of ur hp before cleansing they just get reapplied so the just cleanse argument falls flat, not to mention on certain classes their availability promotes braindead spammy gameplay which is bad for the game but also on a class like guard a lot of it is passive lmao. Keep defending this gbage and whatcha everyone who doesn't play these classes simply quit as most have hence the population being nil.

5k per skill use was the example, not when everything is stacked on you. And in those cases you already ate the skills that applied or are continuing to apply them so chances are you would have died much earlier if it was a power build. The cleanse argument doesn't falls flat if you waste them, and that's not the fault of the cleanses. Learn when to cleanse as you learn when to block and dodge, not every single attack has to be avoided and you have to learn what to save your resources for.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

sustain

5k per skill use was the example, not when everything is stacked on you. And in those cases you already ate the skills that applied or are continuing to apply them so chances are you would have died much earlier if it was a power build. The cleanse argument doesn't falls flat if you waste them, and that's not the fault of the cleanses. Learn when to cleanse as you learn when to block and dodge, not every single attack has to be avoided and you have to learn what to save your resources for.

U do realize a lot of burns guards stack are passive right, waiting to cleanse until u have stacks on u does nothing as they will just be reapplied and cleansing as soon as u get afflicted burns ur cleanse far to early and unlike the burn stacks for guards classes don't have constant reapliable cleanses. U say block and dodge lol ya that will definitely keep the guard from reapplying stacks. That's like saying geez trapper rune DH's arnt spammy brain dead builds either as u just avoid the traps lmao cuz u kno the can't just reapply the traps on a way to low of a cd lol. The game needs huge reworks to a lot of brain dead passive spammy cheese builds and guards/dh are included in that group. U cant tell me u haven't noticed trap dh/burn guards in every match and somtimes 2 on a team. I got to plat as a power splb and thru gold 3 and plat 1 these, reaper/scourge, renegades and ele's where way way more played than any other class, and for a reason.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

sustain

U do realize a lot of burns guards stack are passive right, waiting to cleanse until u have stacks on u does nothing as they will just be reapplied and cleansing as soon as u get afflicted burns ur cleanse far to early and unlike the burn stacks for guards classes don't have constant reapliable cleanses. U say block and dodge lol ya that will definitely keep the guard from reapplying stacks. That's like saying geez trapper rune DH's arnt spammy brain dead builds either as u just avoid the traps lmao cuz u kno the can't just reapply the traps on a way to low of a cd lol. The game needs huge reworks to a lot of brain dead passive spammy cheese builds and guards/dh are included in that group. U cant tell me u haven't noticed trap dh/burn guards in every match and somtimes 2 on a team. I got to plat as a power splb and thru gold 3 and plat 1 these, reaper/scourge, renegades and ele's where way way more played than any other class, and for a reason.

And do you know how that "passive" damage happens?

Right, the guardian has to hit you 3 times, and that triggers 1 stack of burning which will do a total (not per-tick, total) damage of roughly 1500-2000.

Do you think doing 1500-2000 for hitting an opponent 3 times is too much?

How much damage will a spellbreaker, or any other class, do with 3 hits? In many cases its more than 1500-2000.

Your argument basically comes down to "I think its unfair that guardians do damage when they hit me". Yikes.

(And I'm being quite generous there, the baseline for the Trapper-DH build is 1569 damage, to get up to 2000 requires alot of might/vuln to be in play).

@"Ragnar.4257" said:And do you know how that "passive" damage happens?

Right, the guardian has to hit you 3 times, and that triggers 1 stack of burning which will do a total (not per-tick, total) damage of roughly 1500-2000.

How much damage will a spellbreaker, or any other class, do with 3 hits? In many cases its more than 1500-2000.

Your argument basically comes down to "I think its unfair that guardians do damage when they hit me". Yikes.

Guardian already did 10K with the 3 hits and additionally you get the burning stack for 2K which can not dodge, block or evade.

@anduriell.6280 said:

@"Ragnar.4257" said:And do you know how that "passive" damage happens?

Guardian already did 10K with the 3 hits and additionally you get the burning stack for 2K which can not dodge, block or evade.

LOL what condi-guard build is hitting for 10k power?

Go on, link the build.

The only guardian build that has any hope of doing that much power damage in that many hits is a full-glass meme-zerker hammer build.

@Ragnar.4257 said:LOL what condi-guard build is hitting for 10k power?

Go on, link the build.One with Grieving my point is not if the build is playable or not for low skilled, my point is it is possible to do as much damage in power as condi. And condition damage is something you can not keep removing constantly.

We talked about this comparing condi damage to ticks from One Wolf Pack.

My point is Anet does not need to nerf the condi damage, just add a buff so when a condition is cleansed that specific condition can not be re-applied for short time.

@anduriell.6280 said:

@Ragnar.4257 said:LOL what condi-guard build is hitting for 10k power?

Go on, link the build.One with Grieving my point is not if the build is playable or not for low skilled, my point is it is possible to do as much damage in power as condi. And condition damage is something you can not keep removing constantly.

We talked about this comparing condi damage to ticks from One Wolf Pack.

My point is Anet does not need to nerf the condi damage, just add a buff so when a condition is cleansed that specific condition can not be re-applied for short time.

Even Grieving won't hit that hard. Because you're not able to take the Power traits in Radiance/Zeal if you're already taking the Burning traits.

And if you drop the burning traits, you won't be doing that much burning damage.

You're debating an imaginary build that nobody plays with an impossible trait setup.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

@Ragnar.4257 said:And do you know how that "passive" damage happens?

Go on, link the build.

The only guardian build that has any hope of doing that much power damage in that many hits is a full-glass meme-zerker hammer build.

Did u seriously just say passive damage happens, what does that even mean?Yeah passive damage happens but things like how often, for how much damage, the duration and is it aoe are all important factors no?The issue is on top of high passive damage aplication it also occurs often and also in combination with the guards actual skills.If I catch a war burst on someone the were caught off guard or made a mistake and didnt avoid highly telegraphed cc's or have burned their blocks or stunbreaks and ate the burst, that in no way can be compared to how burn guards or even trap spamming burn guards inflict their damage. Guard/dh need a decent rework with nerfs and buffs to delete the garbage braindead playstyle that they promote currently, and their not the only class that needs thos either. As I said games pvp population is very low for reasons and it's not cuz people are too busy, especially in times like were experiencing now.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Go on, link the build.

Did u seriously just say passive damage happens, what does that even mean?Yeah passive damage happens but things like how often, for how much damage, the duration and is it aoe are all important factors no?The issue is on top of high passive damage aplication it also occurs often and also in combination with the guards actual skills.If I catch a war burst on someone the were caught off guard or made a mistake and didnt avoid highly telegraphed cc's or have burned their blocks or stunbreaks and ate the burst, that in no way can be compared to how burn guards or even trap spamming burn guards inflict their damage. Guard/dh need a decent rework with nerfs and buffs to delete the garbage braindead playstyle that they promote currently, and their not the only class that needs thos either. As I said games pvp population is very low for reasons and it's not cuz people are too busy, especially in times like were experiencing now.

I mean, I listed how often and the exact damage that happens in the post.

But since you can't read, I'll post it again.

Every 3 hits = 1500-2000 damage. (And that's assuming Virtues, on other builds it is Every 5 hits)

How much damage does any other class do every 3 hits?

@Ragnar.4257 said:

Go on, link the build.

Every 3 hits = 1500-2000 damage. (And that's assuming Virtues, on other builds it is Every 5 hits)

U are being disingenuous so no point in furthering the discussion. If u are doing 2k damage over 3 hits ur either lying or a very bad guard. If left unchecked for a very short time a burn guard can do 20k just in burn tics alone lmao, u act like no one has experienced how much damage a burn guard or trap dh can do just by spamming their skills. I refer u to the experience of a new guard player that mains mesmer who recently just posted a thread regarding the braindead spammy but highly effective playstyle of guard/ trap dh lol. I believe ur already defending guards in that new thread ad well lol

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Go on, link the build.

U are being disingenuous so no point in furthering the discussion. If u are doing 2k damage over 3 hits ur either lying or a very bad guard. If left unchecked for a very short time a burn guard can do 20k just in burn tics alone lmao, u act like no one has experienced how much damage a burn guard or trap dh can do just by spamming their skills. I refer u to the experience of a new guard player that mains mesmer who recently just posted a thread regarding the braindead spammy but highly effective playstyle of guard/ trap dh lol. I believe ur already defending guards in that new thread ad well lol

And how many times does the guard have to hit you to reach 20k damage? (Here, I'll help, the answer is 30)

And if another build hit you that many times, how much damage would it do? (Here, I'll help the answer is probably more than 20k)

@anduriell.6280 said:

@Ragnar.4257 said:My point is Anet does not need to nerf the condi damage, just add a buff so when a condition is cleansed that specific condition can not be re-applied for short time.

Lets add a buff that does the same for power damage while we are at it.I hate that after I have used my defensive skills my opponent can just keep hitting me.