Lighting issues with Hair Kits

Hi! As I can't see the picture you posted on imgur, I can't know if the issue you are reporting is related to what I experienced when I created last character on last month, but I noticed small lighting issues, when the hair and the beard don't match well together (I interpreted this as curvy hair not reflecting the light the same way as straight hair). Sorry if it's out of topic.geda.jpgmwjv.jpgimue.jpg

@"Haaznahnuff.1907" said:Hi! As I can't see the picture you posted on imgur, I can't know if the issue you are reporting is related to what I experienced when I created last character on last month, but I noticed small lighting issues, when the hair and the beard don't match well together (I interpreted this as curvy hair not reflecting the light the same way as straight hair). Sorry if it's out of topic.geda.jpgmwjv.jpgimue.jpg

It's not the same at all.

@Lamont.5973 said:I noticed this as well. Also a return of a bug that washes out the colors on characters on the character select screen

Yeah, that happens for me regularly now too. Previously it was only a very occasionally that the character icons would be too washed out by light, but now it happens like 99% of the time.

For those who might ask about troubleshooting, I run on the highest settings (best appearance or w/e it's called). I've tried turning down the graphics to mid or even low and that doesn't change a thing about the weird lighting.

I saw that same thing with that hairstyle, OP, when I was randomly making a character just for kicks, not to finalize and put in the world. Unavoidable white highlights. I thought it was an intended feature, and expected it to carry through into in-game. I'm glad it's just in the kit (or initial creator), but that does make it hard to tell what you're going to get.

I have a permanent hair kit so I tested on my Elonan Deadeye. That bizarre white hashing shows up on that hairstyle, but not in game (as you noted). Her regular style is the upswept afro, and that also has sparkling in the kit preview that is not in the world, sort of like a few sparse sequins got dusted into the hair.

Checking on various other female human hairstyles, there's a distinct glossiness to the straight hairs but in a naturally shiny way (using dark hair, as I am keeping my Elonan hues). It's the Elonan styles that almost all have the frosted look (the soft afros and the mohawk dreads seem exempt). I'm sure it wasn't always doing this, so hopefully it can be fixed once ANet has resources for it.