Can you prove with video thief is strong, not the pro streamer, but YOUR video?

lightstalker.1498

@UNOwen.7132 said:some rants

Listen, these screenshots come from duels in FFA arena (double checked them, and even the 4.9k/5.5k were from FFA, I've made a mistake 'cause I took the screenshot while I was in a match but the combat log was from a previous sparring in arena). Same goes for 4.3k larcenous strike. There was no vuln\might involved as thief hasn't any obvious way to build them up on its own. Don't like it? Next time I'll have a thief on my ass trying to kill me I'll ask for his build. If he comes out of stealth long enough for me to go right click => whisper, that is.

But, on a separate note, are you're seriously asking me to give you a build for your class? You play thief, find your own builds, how tf am I supposed to know what a random guy in arena is running? Combat log is all I have.

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:

@UNOwen.7132 said:Shadowshot is not a heavy hitter and it doesnt hit anywhere
close
to 4.5k (4.5k is what
backstab
hits for.)

Whatever thief

394NpP0.pngUsQ3jbF.pngyYJ9mPD.png

Ah yes, context-less screenshots. Cant even tell if its post-patch or pre-patch, or used a specific scenario to push up the damage. Classic evidence. I mean its not like we have a lot of footage of MAs showing thieves hitting 4.5k with backstab on squishies, and just over 3k with shadowshot.

4.977 and 5.476 are from the same guy I had a match with in 28/11/2020, the other one is from a duel I had in 20/11/2020; these skills didn't undergo any change since then.

But you know that very well because I've gathered them for
you
when you were complaining about thief dealing no damage in a similar thread a couple of months ago. Since then I've started screenshotting combat logs for a week or so and then stopped as the thread died but in that time I've gathered evidence for 5.7k backstab (some crazy-kitten dude was running assassin signet and went for an 8k), 5k cluster bombs, 4.5k larcenous strike, 4.9k cloak&dagger. I've also learned that cloak&dagger into backstab can hit for some solid 10K, which is kinda situational but it's there.

Didn't post these other screenshots as we were talking about shadowshot, but I've been called a liar for saying thief can hit these numbers (and it's quite regular, all of these screenshots were collected in a week and I'm not playing in some high-tier legendary level against God knows who) and I provided the evidence to back up my claims. Your best answer is calling my evidence false, my answer is the same as it's been in that thread.

JUST THINNER YOUR FINGER

Just look into streams from Pain and other top teefs. You will not see these numbers. Its not needed to show not proven screenshots and non realistic situations.

U can look at teef noodle dmg live on stream... show me 10k backstep... show me endless dodges ... show the opness

Bruh there's the screenshot. It's literally there. Either you accuse me of tampering it or you believe what you see. How tf am I supposed to know what these guys were running? You think I've asked them the build they were using while they were hammering me? Numbers are the only thing I've got and these are the numbers.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1401417/#Comment_1401417

Luckily we still have the video from mirage pov under which you've claimed there are 8k openers out of stealth on a full trailblazer "despite thief being pepega", so we can just SEE the tampering and bending the facts on your part, aye?

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

close
to 4.5k (4.5k is what
backstab
hits for.)

Whatever thief

Ah yes, context-less screenshots. Cant even tell if its post-patch or pre-patch, or used a specific scenario to push up the damage. Classic evidence. I mean its not like we have a lot of footage of MAs showing thieves hitting 4.5k with backstab on squishies, and just over 3k with shadowshot.

4.977 and 5.476 are from the same guy I had a match with in 28/11/2020, the other one is from a duel I had in 20/11/2020; these skills didn't undergo any change since then.

you
when you were complaining about thief dealing no damage in a similar thread a couple of months ago. Since then I've started screenshotting combat logs for a week or so and then stopped as the thread died but in that time I've gathered evidence for 5.7k backstab (some crazy-kitten dude was running assassin signet and went for an 8k), 5k cluster bombs, 4.5k larcenous strike, 4.9k cloak&dagger. I've also learned that cloak&dagger into backstab can hit for some solid 10K, which is kinda situational but it's there.

Didn't post these other screenshots as we were talking about shadowshot, but I've been called a liar for saying thief can hit these numbers (and it's quite regular, all of these screenshots were collected in a week and I'm not playing in some high-tier legendary level against God knows who) and I provided the evidence to back up my claims. Your best answer is calling my evidence false, my answer is the same as it's been in that thread.

JUST THINNER YOUR FINGER

Just look into streams from Pain and other top teefs. You will not see these numbers. Its not needed to show not proven screenshots and non realistic situations.

U can look at teef noodle dmg live on stream... show me 10k backstep... show me endless dodges ... show the opness

Bruh there's the screenshot. It's literally there. Either you accuse me of tampering it or you believe what you see. How tf am I supposed to know what these guys were running? You think I've asked them the build they were using while they were hammering me? Numbers are the only thing I've got and these are the numbers.

Luckily we still have the video under which you've claimed there are 8k openers out of stealth on a full trailblazer "despite thief being pepega", so we can just SEE the tampering and bending the facts, aye?

I see a condi mirage in wvw, take a wild guess and say he's running trailblazer -which the mirage in question confirmed-

Mirage has some 23.6k HP, after thief opens up it's 16.1k, it's some 7.5k damage. It's tampering?

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:

close
to 4.5k (4.5k is what
backstab
hits for.)

Whatever thief

you

JUST THINNER YOUR FINGER

Luckily we still have the video under which you've claimed there are 8k openers out of stealth on a full trailblazer "despite thief being pepega", so we can just SEE the tampering and bending the facts, aye?

I see a condi mirage in wvw, take a wild guess and say he's running trailblazer -which the mirage in question confirmed-

Mirage has some 23.6k HP, after thief opens up it's 16.1k, it's some 7.5k damage. It's tampering?

There are literal screenshot buddy, so yes, it is tampering. Backstab is "an opener from stealth". If you keep standing and get autoattacked for next 5k dmg, it's not exactly because "out of stealth opener is broken and deals 8k on trailblazer".

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

close
to 4.5k (4.5k is what
backstab
hits for.)

Whatever thief

you

JUST THINNER YOUR FINGER

There are literal screenshot buddy, so yes, it is tampering.

I beg your pardon. I say "thief hits me in FFA arena for X damage", someone says "not true", I provide screenshot of combat log when I got said damage and you say I made that screenshot up?

What am I even supposed to say?

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:

close
to 4.5k (4.5k is what
backstab
hits for.)

Whatever thief

you

JUST THINNER YOUR FINGER

I'm sorry, I say thief hits me in FFA arena for X damage, provide screenshot of said damage and you say I made that screenshot up?

Ok.

I don't care what you claim something did somewhere to someone. I care that we can see exactly where you tried to bend the facts to fit your opinion.

...and when did I say you "made that screenshot up"? :lol:

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

close
to 4.5k (4.5k is what
backstab
hits for.)

Whatever thief

you

JUST THINNER YOUR FINGER

I'm sorry, I say thief hits me in FFA arena for X damage, provide screenshot of said damage and you say I made that screenshot up?

Ok.

I don't care what you claim something did somewhere to someone. I care that we can see exactly where you tried to
bend the facts
to fit your opinion.

Bruh what facts did I bend lmao. I'm not "claiming someone hit me for X with Y", I'm bringing you proof that someone hit me for X with Y in a given contest.What am I supposed to do? I see combat log, 4.4k and delete the screenshot so that a random guy on the forum won't get offended?

I have the screenshots from FFA arena (again, no might, no vuln) that highlight these specific facts. Tell me what you want me to do with these screenshots so you can be happy.

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:

close
to 4.5k (4.5k is what
backstab
hits for.)

Whatever thief

you

JUST THINNER YOUR FINGER

Ok.

I don't care what you claim something did somewhere to someone. I care that we can see exactly where you tried to
bend the facts
to fit your opinion.

Bruh what facts did I bend lmao. I'm not "claiming someone hit me for X with Y", I'm
showing
you someone hit me for X with Y.

Check the link, the quote at the bottom of that post is where you did that. How is this not blatantly clear to you? What else do you need to be guided through?

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

close
to 4.5k (4.5k is what
backstab
hits for.)

Whatever thief

you

JUST THINNER YOUR FINGER

Ok.

bend the facts
to fit your opinion.

Bruh what facts did I bend lmao. I'm not "claiming someone hit me for X with Y", I'm
showing

Check the link, the quote at the bottom of that post is where you did that. How is this not blatantly clear to you? What else do you need to be guided through?

I'm sure you noticed the mirage has 23.6k HP, thief opens up and mirage drops to 16.1k. If you didn't, do.Then thief didn't perform the trick again, nor did he perform steal, for whatever reason; IDK why but nothing would have stopped him from doing so. Neither the thief nor the mirage were great players, but the thief had all the tools to chip away the whole healthbar of the mirage.

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:

close
to 4.5k (4.5k is what
backstab
hits for.)

Whatever thief

you

JUST THINNER YOUR FINGER

Ok.

bend the facts
to fit your opinion.

showing

I'm sure you noticed the mirage has 23.6k HP, thief opens up and mirage drops to 16.1. If you didn't, do.

I'm sure you noticed multiple screenshots of multiple "engages out of stealth" that dealt 2,4k-3,1k dmg, so good luck with those "8k openers out of stealth on trialblazer" claim, which is straight up false.

As for "just looking at the health", I already responded to that:Backstab is "an opener from stealth". If you keep standing and get autoattacked for next 5k dmg, it's not exactly because "out of stealth opener is broken and deals 8k on trailblazer".

And no matter how many times you repeat "just look at the health!", that's not what "opener out of stealth" is. Keep bending the facts and pretending you don't. :)

• Confused 1

I dont record but can someone just take a minute with a build, even a power DA or CS dp build, s/d, s/p build and show u have zerk amulet with scholar rune even and perform all the burst skills to show what they actually do. I've played thief for a lot of yrs and on those builds built 100% for damage the only way I get 6-7k on the heavy golem in mists is on a build with DA/CS/TRICK which is so specifically built for top damage potential that it's useless in pvp modes and easily farmed. Most other high sustain tanky classes can reach those numbers while remaining high sustain, that's balanced? Most times on that all out build back stab on the golem is only occasionally 6k'iah and usually 4k on a build with BOTH CS and DA so... On a more realistic power build ex DA or CS/trick/DD backstabs are usually 2k and only approach 3800 when mights added from steal and when using executioner I can reach 4600'ish due to golems low health interacting with executioner. Shadow shots are in the 1500-2300 range at most. So I dont know wth is going on to get those numbers or I'd the shot is pre feb patch or maybe in wvw with added outside boons but those numbers are way higher than the norm. Wish someone would shoot a recent vid in the mists on a power build doing skills on the heavy golem to show the actual common damages.

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:

@"UNOwen.7132" said:some rants

Listen, these screenshots come from duels in FFA arena (double checked them, and even the 4.9k/5.5k were from FFA, I've made a mistake 'cause I took the screenshot while I was in a match but the combat log was from a previous sparring in arena). Same goes for 4.3k larcenous strike. There was no vuln\might involved as thief hasn't any obvious way to build them up on its own. Don't like it? Next time I'll have a thief on my kitten trying to kill me I'll ask for his build. If he comes out of stealth long enough for me to go
right click => whisper
, that is.

Ok, let me explain this very simply. The numbers youre showing? Theyre impossible without might and vuln shenanigans. Not "Tricky to achieve" not "extremely niche", IMPOSSIBLE. I already showed you what the actual damage is. Unless you care to explain how thieves achieves 86% extra damage with the highest amount that can be possibly achieved with an extremely bad super-max damage build that will never achieve those numbers in a realistic scenario being only around 50%, Im just gonna call shenanigans.

But, on a separate note, are you're seriously asking me to give you a build for your class? You play thief, find your own builds, how tf am I supposed to know what a random guy in arena is running? Combat log is all I have.

I dont play thief. I just know youre full of it.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:People not understanding skill ceiling doesn't stop them from arguing that nerfing what they personally find annoying is top-level balancing.

You've confused two things. Arguing for a top-level balancing philosophy is different from believing that a player is at the top level. Their arguments for their annoyances can have merit, too. Looks like you've decided to just declare people hypocrites without actually checking first.

You're right, but this doesn't stop people from conflating those two, making an argument based on an assumption generated by this conflation, then being surprised when it doesn't work in their favor, and those people are definitely hypocrites. I'm not talking about people with objectively reasonable opinions backed by concise proof, or even those people's attempts at balancing in a way that takes into account how different skill levels approach and experience the same mechanics.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:So either quit, or it's balanced. It still works at top level, so practice. People will scream about "balance should be determined by how class functions at top level" but get upset when it actually happens.No they don't.
To argue for top-level balancing they have to understand skill ceiling.
Those are the people telling everyone else to "git gud" when something gets nerfed.

There's someone in this thread doing this right now. I don't know what you mean by "No they don't." This is a hallmark of the forums that transcends class bias. These people aren't rare.

Also, I feel like these are important:

@"Sobx.1758" said:"I can consistently win against thieves if they decide to fight me, but if they decide to fight me then it's automatically losing by choice. Class broken because it can run away".

Isn't this what you've just said?

@"Sobx.1758" said:As you said, I pointed out and then you confirmed again: the thief "lost by choice", because he chose to participate in a fight while in wvw instead of running away and pveing camps I guess.

All I wanna know is are thief decap bots or not. If they are, say so, slap "support" label on them and quit whining when they stealth away.If they aren't it should be easy to prove they have they staying power to contest/win matchups with just their raw damage.

@"UNOwen.7132" said:

Ok, let me explain this very simply. The numbers youre showing? Theyre impossible without might and vuln shenanigans. Not "Tricky to achieve" not "extremely niche", IMPOSSIBLE. I already showed you what the actual damage is. Unless you care to explain how thieves achieves 86% extra damage with the highest amount that can be possibly achieved with an extremely bad super-max damage build that will never achieve those numbers in a realistic scenario being only around 50%, Im just gonna call shenanigans.

HOW TF AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THE BUILD SOME RANDOM GUY IN ARENA IS USING TO KILL ME LMAO

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:

@"UNOwen.7132" said:

Ok, let me explain this
very
simply. The numbers youre showing? Theyre
impossible
without might and vuln shenanigans. Not "Tricky to achieve" not "extremely niche",
IMPOSSIBLE
. I already showed you what the
actual
damage is. Unless you care to explain how thieves achieves 86% extra damage with the highest amount that can be
possibly
achieved with an extremely bad super-max damage build that will
never
achieve those numbers in a realistic scenario being only around 50%, Im just gonna call shenanigans.

HOW TF AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THE BUILD SOME RANDOM GUY IN ARENA IS USING TO KILL ME LMAO

Youre not. But youre supposed to notice when might and vuln shenanigans are at hand, and not post screenshots of those to try and pass them off as totally normal damage numbers.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

Ok, let me explain this
very
impossible
without might and vuln shenanigans. Not "Tricky to achieve" not "extremely niche",
IMPOSSIBLE
actual
damage is. Unless you care to explain how thieves achieves 86% extra damage with the highest amount that can be
possibly
never
achieve those numbers in a realistic scenario being only around 50%, Im just gonna call shenanigans.

Youre not. But youre supposed to notice when might and vuln shenanigans are at hand, and not post screenshots of those to try and pass them off as totally normal damage numbers.

I've already mentioned multiple times there was no might nor vuln involved (how could it be? A duel in FFA with a thief can't have any of that), and for the 4.4k one I can safely say there was not assassin signet involved either.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@UNOwen.7132 said:some rants

Listen, these screenshots come from duels in FFA arena (double checked them, and even the 4.9k/5.5k were from FFA, I've made a mistake 'cause I took the screenshot while I was in a match but the combat log was from a previous sparring in arena). Same goes for 4.3k larcenous strike. There was no vuln\might involved as thief hasn't any obvious way to build them up on its own. Don't like it? Next time I'll have a thief on my kitten trying to kill me I'll ask for his build. If he comes out of stealth long enough for me to go
right click => whisper
, that is.

Ok, let me explain this
very
impossible
IMPOSSIBLE
actual
possibly
never

Thing is with DA/trik and DD even when u gain might and cause vulnerability on steal u still don't reach those numbers. If u run build above and gain might/inflict vulnerabilities u still get 4800k as top damage on back stab for example and definitely not 4k shadow shots, and thsts running zerk amulet and scholar rune while at 100% hp so....If u run CS/DA/TRICK with scholar u get 5k backstabs and 7-8k only if golems very low health and is interacting with executioner.

right click => whisper
, that is.

Ok, let me explain this
very
impossible
IMPOSSIBLE
actual
possibly
never

Thing is with DA/trik and DD even when u gain might and cause vulnerability on steal u still don't reach those numbers. If u run build above and gain might/inflict vulnerabilities u still get 4800k as top damage on back stab for example and definitely not 4k shadow shots, and thsts running zerk amulet and scholar rune while at 100% hp so....

Ok, the combat log is lying. I didn't take that damage. The guy probably wasn't even playing thief, maybe it wasn't even a player and it was a mob, and maybe I wasn't even playing gw2, maybe someone rolled a 20 on D&D and that's a very very angry fireball that somehow managed to slip in my gw2 screenshot folder.

At this point someone could say "A", you may show actual literal proof of "B" and instead of a getting conversation about that you'll end up having all sort of strange characters arguing that your proof isn't real it didn't happen, maybe it was the Mossad or some catty pixies with their nasty pranks, who tf knows.

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Ok, let me explain this
very
impossible
IMPOSSIBLE
actual
possibly
never

I've already mentioned multiple times there was no might nor vuln involved (how could it be? A duel in FFA with a thief can't have any of that), and for the 4.4k one I can safely say there was not assassin signet involved either.

Might or Vuln being involved is less hard to believe than a magical 80% damage boost out of nowhere.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

Ok, let me explain this
very
impossible
IMPOSSIBLE
actual
possibly
never

Might or Vuln being involved is less hard to believe than a magical 80% damage boost out of nowhere.

IDK how could you possibly get might\vuln from a d\p thief; there's 3 stacks of might from steal AFAIK, that's it.

right click => whisper
, that is.

Ok, let me explain this
very
impossible
IMPOSSIBLE
actual
possibly
never

Thing is with DA/trik and DD even when u gain might and cause vulnerability on steal u still don't reach those numbers. If u run build above and gain might/inflict vulnerabilities u still get 4800k as top damage on back stab for example and definitely not 4k shadow shots, and thsts running zerk amulet and scholar rune while at 100% hp so....

Ok, the combat log is lying. I didn't take that damage. The guy probably wasn't even playing thief, maybe it wasn't even a player and it was a mob, and maybe I wasn't even playing gw2, maybe someone rolled a 20 on D&D and that's a very very angry fireball that somehow managed to slip in my gw2 screenshot folder.

I dont know why youre getting so flippant about people pointing out that the numbers happening as you claim is literally impossible.

At this point someone could say "A", you may show actual literal proof of "B" and instead of a getting conversation about that you'll end up having all sort of strange characters arguing that your proof isn't real it didn't happen, maybe it was the Mossad or some catty pixies with their nasty pranks, who tf knows.

You havent shown proof though. You have shown that you took 4.4k damage from a shadowshot. Not that it was in a normal situation. As far as we know, it couldve been might and vuln shenanigans. Or you taking off armour pieces. Or other such little ways. In fact, thats the only possibilities.

right click => whisper
, that is.

Ok, let me explain this
very
impossible
IMPOSSIBLE
actual
possibly
never

Thing is with DA/trik and DD even when u gain might and cause vulnerability on steal u still don't reach those numbers. If u run build above and gain might/inflict vulnerabilities u still get 4800k as top damage on back stab for example and definitely not 4k shadow shots, and thsts running zerk amulet and scholar rune while at 100% hp so....At this point someone could say "
A
", you may show actual literal proof of "
B
" and instead of a getting conversation about that you'll end up having all sort of strange characters arguing that your proof isn't real it didn't happen

Hilarious, because that's literally what you're doing with your "8k out of stealth opener on trailblazer" claim that you base on the video that simply proves otherwise :lol:

• Confused 1

right click => whisper
, that is.

Ok, let me explain this
very
impossible
IMPOSSIBLE
actual
possibly
never

Ok, the combat log is lying. I didn't take that damage. The guy probably wasn't even playing thief, maybe it wasn't even a player and it was a mob, and maybe I wasn't even playing gw2, maybe someone rolled a 20 on D&D and that's a very very angry fireball.At this point someone could say "
A
", you may claim "
B
" with actual literal proof and you will find all sort of strange characters arguing that your proof isn't real it didn't happen, maybe it was the CIA or some catty pixies with their nasty pranks who tf knows.

I'm arguing because I sit like most thieves and players other classes in the mists constantly researching and trying builds out and see the common damages done on a regular basis and I'm just saying that screen is no where close to common damages I get and I've seen the damages u can get literally 1000 times on all theif skills even since feb patch lol. That said I dont know any specifics on the screen shots regarding when it was taken or any of the circumstances involving the shot including whether or not ur story is legit and there's funny business going on on that thief's end, this stuff I dont know but those numbers I do know are far from common. I dont run DE as I dislike its playstyle but I know in wvw it can reach high numbers but on dp core with CS/DA/TRICK I have gotten 11k back stabs post feb patch in wvw if the right stars align but again that's not common.

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Ok, let me explain this
very
impossible
IMPOSSIBLE
actual
possibly
never

IDK how could you possibly get might\vuln from a d\p thief; there's 3 stacks of might from steal AFAIK, that's it.

Vul on steal if running DA due to even the odds and u also gain more might, due to this, executioner and poison on steal I find DA to provide more reliable damage than CS. That said a DA/TRICK/DD build running zerker/scholar still gets 3-4k as top backstab and 5600'ish if golems near death due to executioner and shadow shots between 1500-2800 on the regular and have gotten up to 3200 with outside help and a good crit, again not near the norm and no where bear ur numbers. Even if what u say is 100% legit can u say the thief was? This is gw2 and a quick google ull be amazed at all the hacks out there lol from speed hacks,teleport hacks and evasion hacks so who even knows anymore.