Revenant Chaotic Release does not care if you evade/dodge

I play with an avg of 47 - 60 ping and even when I dodge well before this skill, I am still knocked back anyway. It's as if the skill completely disregards evades if they aren't a full second beforehand. If I dodge 0.5ms before a warrior's knockback, it's evaded, but as for trying to dodge this revenant skill, it disregards the evade and knocks me back anyway.

I would not be posting this if it has not happened frequently to me. I've been wondering about this for months, and I'm nearly sure it's a genuine bug although I'm not ruling out personal error completely .. I'm just pretty sure it's legitimately happening this way. I do not miss my dodge key often. But for whatever reason, it's like my dodge is completely negated whenever rev uses this - I always dodge - I almost always hit dodge before it hits me - but I get hit by it anyway.

Only other explanation I can think of off the top of my head is that maybe all rev players have bad internet connections? lol

@Linken.6345 said:aint that because its like 9 hits so you dodge some of them but not all?

I think you confused with surge of the mists (staff 5), chaotic release is herald elite skill.

@solemn.9608 said:Only other explanation I can think of off the top of my head is that maybe all rev players have bad internet connections? lol

this skill's cast time = dodge evade time. so if you start dodging before rev actually presses button (before animation starts), you'll be hit 100%.

this is because you evade for 3/4s and this skill has 3/4s cast time

@Adlene.3862 said:

@Linken.6345 said:aint that because its like 9 hits so you dodge some of them but not all?

I think you confused with surge of the mists (staff 5), chaotic release is herald elite skill.

@solemn.9608 said:Only other explanation I can think of off the top of my head is that maybe all rev players have bad internet connections? lol

this skill's cast time = dodge evade time. so if you start dodging before rev actually presses button (before animation starts), you'll be hit 100%.

this is because you evade for 3/4s and this skill has 3/4s cast time

Thanks, but I don't think this is my issue.I dodge right before the actual CC part (while the rev is casting it/displaying the animation, right before the release of the actual CC), like I would do with any other skill that is avoidable. It just goes right through my evade and doesn't care that I evaded. I am literally in evade frames when I get hit by the CC, almost every time, or as I push the evade button (and I know 110% for sure, for sure, that I pressed evade) my character does not evade (no endurance used, but I DEFINITELY pressed the key --- for sure pressed it, absolute certainty that I pressed it well before the CC) and just gets hit by it. It feels like lag, but I'm not lagging, no lag spikes, ping is fine, only happens with this rev CC, nothing else.

I'll try to get a video of it when I can, hdd is full from 2 months of neglecting to edit anything. But it's also kind of difficult to prove with a video because often times no endurance is used, but I know for 100% sure that I did in fact press the dodge key before the CC. It just seems to negate my dodge key press whenever a rev uses this. I let my thumb rest on my dodge key and am a guitarist IRL I would know if my fingers are moving where they shouldn't be - I am definitely pressing dodge at the right moment, and my character is not dodging. It feels like lag, but I'm not lagging.