Economy in base game

Hi, I know there is like many videos on youtube resource about this, but I do want to hear your ways, methods and how you spend your time in GW2 about farming gold in base game, are you doing anything specific? are you doing stuff only in two expansions or you can also farm gold or silver in base game too? I'm looking for stuff or methods that I may be have missed or dont know about yet, and youtube videos explains only so much, so perhaps can you give me tips and tricks?

I bookmarked gw2wiki onto my browser and constantly looking things, especially mats. There is also other thing I want to learn since long time, gw2 wiki shows certain materials drops from mobs in certain regions on the map, however, I must be max level to get certain mats? dropped from mobs? or its all random independent from level? Because my level 70 thief barely gets any red blood material from 70 island on map. And I mean ANY red blood material, its like almost mobs dropping junk, distance between drop rate is too long, or I'm doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance and hopefully someone can shed a light about this last question I asked, I don't know much about game systems,

Unless u have lots of free time, u must to stick to sites that monitoring gold per hour, atm Drizzlewood Coast and DragonFall are the best.

I recommend this one they monitore lots of metrics.

https://fast.farming-community.eu/

The "meta trains" are popular these days, with so many options is almost a matter of balance between boredom and profit. Some ppl like Fractals for example, other ppl like the time-gated metas.

Some people are "trade person" and have skills to monitore market, prices and stuff, im not. but even this requires some extra-free time.

If u are alergic to expansions, just stick to Silverwastes;

If u like advanced craft to increase profit, u can combine a DragonFall and Drizzlewood to avoid burnout, DragonFall give more yellows, and Drizzlewood give more ingots. also theres the opening bags in 51 lvl characters if u run out of leather and linen, so u can craft Dreldimor Steel Ingot, Bolt of Damask, Elonian Leather Square and Spiritwood Plank everyday, time gated stuff, normally have more than 1g~3g of profit and price oscilate more. DragonFall and LS stuff have the bonus to give lots of extracurrencies, so u can conbine a LS4 farm to always have currencies for ascedend trinkets and legendaries. Since im not new to the game, and have farmed HoT since begin, im not worrried about legendaries currencies(im swiming on AB/TD currencies).

EDIT: i noticed u focus is on base game.

Theres the ley-line anomaly, is basically granted 2g per day. Ley-line+Dailies is 4g. if u dive into fractals u can earn easily 30g daily.

I'm not sure why someone would not buy the expansions but fractals are considered part of the base game, are they not?The meta specs are all Heart of Thorns or Path of Fire specs though: Firebrand, Renegade, Berserker, Soulbeast, etc.

I'm sure if you just want to do T3 or lower (so T3+recs?) you'd be fine playing core warrior (strength, discipline, tactics) however. https://discretize.eu/builds/warrior/banner-warrior

edit: keep in mind that guild missions are the best way for a newer core game player to attain ascended accessories (via guild commendations). It is 5 gold + guild commendations which would be far less than 50 ectos. However, if you have access to Icebrood Saga and Living Story Season 4 you can get ascended accessories "free of charge" for the map currencies.

If you play fractals , PvP , or WvW you can also obtain the Mist Talisman for their respective currencies.

@SaskiaElite.8132 said:Hi, I know there is like many videos on youtube resource about this, but I do want to hear your ways, methods and how you spend your time in GW2 about farming gold in base game, are you doing anything specific? are you doing stuff only in two expansions or you can also farm gold or silver in base game too? I'm looking for stuff or methods that I may be have missed or dont know about yet, and youtube videos explains only so much, so perhaps can you give me tips and tricks?

I bookmarked gw2wiki onto my browser and constantly looking things, especially mats. There is also other thing I want to learn since long time, gw2 wiki shows certain materials drops from mobs in certain regions on the map, however, I must be max level to get certain mats? dropped from mobs? or its all random independent from level? Because my level 70 thief barely gets any red blood material from 70 island on map. And I mean ANY red blood material, its like almost mobs dropping junk, distance between drop rate is too long, or I'm doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance and hopefully someone can shed a light about this last question I asked, I don't know much about game systems,

For base game, your best bets for raw gold are probably fractals (they're included, right?), you might have issues finding groups as core at higher levels. Pay close attention to map bonus rewards, shiny baubles are 30-50s a pop, and you'll want to farm T6 mats and anything that gives rares. If strikes are a possibility for core players, then shiverpeaks daily is an extra 75s/day.

Doing ley-line anomaly is worth 2-3g if you sell the mystic coin (you get a 50s shiny bauble + MC and some random items, usually a rare and a gilded strongbox). Also, not having mounts will make you less adept at this event. but it won't matter given its current popularity.

Mixing and matching the dailies across game modes is 2g. Alot of them are easy once you understand them. ANd the WvW and PVP ones are never expansion specific.

Also, Triple Trouble: if you can find time slots that you're usually on and a guild is organizing, that's an extra 2g/run and a chance at ascended armor and it gives tons of loot.

You should try to get the auto-loot mastery ASAP, it picks up from so far away, you're losing money not having it. It needs to be enabled in settings but is worth it.

In addition to using the wiki, you might want to create an account at gw2efficiency.com to help you datamine your account. Plus the crafting guide/calculator can be extremely helpful.

Go ahead and get your thief to level 80. Keep playing and learning with your thief, but start leveling a second character. In fact, if you can come up with names, go ahead and make several characters. And then plant them in likely harvesting spots. Or at the chest in jumping puzzles. Login to them each day, harvest the node or open the chest and collect rewards. Individually those are small, but they add up. Iron is probably the best for harvesting as you need it for crafting both iron ingot and steel ingots, so, there is ALWAYS a need for it. Platinum normally sells for a decent price as well.

Once you have a toon at level 80, go farm the Silverwastes. Look in LFG for a map that is running a RIBA farm. Do events, get keys, open chests, sell materials, etc.

If you have heart of thorns, learn where the Flax farms are and hit them up daily - I normally have a toon or two sitting at the flax farm in Verdant Brink just for this purpose.

Lastly, harvest EVERYTHING as you play. Don't run by an onion or a tree or an ore node without harvesting it. Not only is it experience, but you can't craft without those materials (if you decide to craft) and you can't sell them if you don't gather them.