It’s happening! Stretch Animation - [Merged]

Fenom.9457

@Danikat.8537 said:I thought it was only human females who got a stretch animation removed. Were they removed from other races/genders too, or are they getting a new one?

I expect it to be a new one.

@Fueki.4753 said:I expect /stretch to be another meta achievement reward that I will not get.

I enjoy emote rewards from achievements - they are fun.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:I thought it was only human females who got a stretch animation removed. Were they removed from other races/genders too, or are they getting a new one?

@Fueki.4753 said:I expect /stretch to be another meta achievement reward that I will not get.

I don't think all the grinds involved in the meta-achievements are anywhere close to being fun.They did it right with the prologue and added the emote as a PvP reward.They didn't have to do it wrong with every other emote.

@Fueki.4753 said:

I don't think all the grinds involved in the meta-achievements are anywhere close to being fun.They did it right with the prologue and added the emote as a PvP reward.They didn't have to do it wrong with every other emote.

Didn't they add the /playdead emote to a few vendors in Drizzlewood Coast? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/%22/Playdead%22_Emote_Tome Or am I reading the wiki wrong?

@Batel.9206 said:

Didn't they add the /playdead emote to a few vendors in Drizzlewood Coast?
Or am I reading the wiki wrong?

I think it's only available for purchase after you unlock it and somehow misplace?I know I was looking through the vendors before I unlocked it and it wasn't there.

...anyways, it's a reward that's fun to have, but not gamechanging by any means. If someone wants the reward, do the achievements. If achievements are "too hard/not worth you time" then... don't. This is just a cosmetic/vanity item that isn't even consistently (or semi-consistently, like mount skins) available to see, so I don't see the problem with putting it as a meta achievement reward. Feels like a pretty good place for it tbh.

• Confused 1

@Ogwom.7940 said:That’s pretty neat.I just wish we could get the wolf and snow leopard shaman armour skins.

The trailer also seems to depict a share with a new cape that could look similar to the the beast slayer weapon set. I am guessing it will be a gemstone item.

Agreed on the shaman skins. It seemed we were going to get all four (one set per two episodes), but with things having changed it doesn't look like this is the case unless we get both of the missing sets in the finale

@Sobx.1758 said:

I think it's only available for purchase after you unlock it and somehow misplace?I know I was looking through the vendors before I unlocked it and it wasn't there.

...anyways, it's a reward that's fun to have, but not gamechanging by any means. If someone wants the reward, do the achievements. If achievements are "too hard/not worth you time" then... don't. This is just a cosmetic/vanity item that isn't even consistently (or semi-consistently, like mount skins) available to see, so I don't see the problem with putting it as a meta achievement reward. Feels like a pretty good place for it tbh.

I have it unlocked, and only have 19 of 22 Achievements. Thus, I must have purchased it.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I have it unlocked, and only have 19 of 22 Achievements. Thus, I must have purchased it.

Or maybe stop spreading false information, because that emote is a 4th tier reward. Thus, it is being received for completing 19 out of 22 achievements. So... no. ;)

• Confused 1

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Is their a teir system in that map? Tried last night and npcs didn't show but that was also the start of the event map.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:I expect /stretch to be another meta achievement reward that I will not get.I enjoy emote rewards from achievements - they are fun.I don't think all the grinds involved in the meta-achievements are anywhere close to being fun.

I agree that many of the newer achievements involve grinding, which isn't fun (unless the activity you have to grind is enjoyable). But I remember the last one that you had to do to unlock an emote required you to visit various icy mountain tops across Tyria (where you had to use the /shiver emote), and that I think was a fun idea.

@Ashantara.8731 said:But I remember the last one that you had to do to unlock an emote required you to visit various icy mountain tops across Tyria (where you had to use the /shiver emote), and that I think was a fun idea.If it was just such smaller achievements, that actually are related to the emote, that granted said emotes, I'd be all for it.But sadly it isn't.

The same meta achievement also required things likedoing each shrine event 20 times,doing Idol of Jormag events 20 times,attacking enemies with T3 essence skills 30 times,defeating the Boneskinner in the Sanctum Arena without being downed or defeated,lighting 30 torches during the Boneskinner fightand many more grinds.

So, the few interesting and potentially fun achievements are heavily over-shadowed by needless - and for many people unwanted - grinds.To me, one simple emote simply isn't worth the mind-numbing slog.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

Is their a teir system in that map? Tried last night and npcs didn't show but that was also the start of the event map.

Nah, he's just wrong, you get it as a reward for 4th tier which is 19/22 achievements.

• Confused 1

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:But I remember the last one that you had to do to unlock an emote required you to visit various icy mountain tops across Tyria (where you had to use the /shiver emote), and
that
I think was a fun idea.If it was just such smaller achievements, that actually are related to the emote, that granted said emotes, I'd be all for it.But sadly it isn't.

The same meta achievement also required things likedoing each shrine event 20 times,doing Idol of Jormag events 20 times,attacking enemies with T3 essence skills 30 times,defeating the Boneskinner in the Sanctum Arena without being downed or defeated,lighting 30 torches during the Boneskinner fightand many more grinds.

So, the few interesting and potentially fun achievements are heavily over-shadowed by needless - and for many people unwanted - grinds.To me, one simple emote simply isn't worth the mind-numbing slog.

So you just won't do what is required and you won't get it. This is optional content and as you say: it's just an emote (just like before we had just a single item skin as a reward for these "milestone" achievements), I'm not sure what's the problem with that. Why are some people suddenly surprised by those meta-rewards as if we ever had more than that? What else would you exactly expect to get?

• Confused 1

@sorudo.9054 said:i remember a time when an emote was added in a game as a feature, not as a reward.oh wait, GW is full of that and has more than GW2.......

I feel like a balance would be better. Some just added in and some that are unlocked. But I get that they take a while to make, so using them as rewards justifies their creation. Otherwise we probably wouldn’t be getting any