Looking for a new class to play

Omega.6801

Hi there. I've been playing PvP on and off for the last six years. Played necros, engis, guards and warriors. I like to be a bit more tanky or the support of the team, because I solo-q and can't rely on having supporters randomly assigned to my team. I'm not into it for any high ranks or tournament wins, what got me playing this time is the legendary trinket, so beside the 20 tournament wins, I'm mostly in for the pips.

So, with that being said. I'm looking for a new fun class to play. I want to play something strong and easy to grasp, braindead if you want to call it like that. So, what are your suggestions? What classes/builds should I try out and what should I avoid?

Go ele, it is the most fun-...

@lokh.2695 said:(...) I want to play something strong and easy to grasp, braindead (...)

... oh wait!

I feel like you played the three easiest classes already. Some ranger builds are also not that hard and it is strong atm, maybe give it a go? Or if you want to risk it, go fotm and play renegade bunker. Revenant has always been strong and I find renegade easy so start with as revenant, and if you're comfotable later, you can switch to the more challanging builds.

@lokh.2695 said:Hi there. I've been playing PvP on and off for the last six years. Played necros, engis, guards and warriors. I like to be a bit more tanky or the support of the team, because I solo-q and can't rely on having supporters randomly assigned to my team. I'm not into it for any high ranks or tournament wins, what got me playing this time is the legendary trinket, so beside the 20 tournament wins, I'm mostly in for the pips.

So, with that being said. I'm looking for a new fun class to play. I want to play something strong and easy to grasp, braindead if you want to call it like that. So, what are your suggestions? What classes/builds should I try out and what should I avoid?

Flamenthrower, most braindead build in game

@Filip.7463 said:

@lokh.2695 said:Hi there. I've been playing PvP on and off for the last six years. Played necros, engis, guards and warriors. I like to be a bit more tanky or the support of the team, because I solo-q and can't rely on having supporters randomly assigned to my team. I'm not into it for any high ranks or tournament wins, what got me playing this time is the legendary trinket, so beside the 20 tournament wins, I'm mostly in for the pips.

Flamenthrower, most braindead build in game

This^ next would be trap dh with trapper runes.

If u want tanky for ranked I’d put ranger on the list. It is mechanically ez and comfortable, and it can also be played tanky hybrid damage dealer which can be very good in ranked due to mobility and ability to play most roles. Though I’ll point out it’s not brain dead op or anything just good, ez and flexible. If u want brain dead op then probably that shiro renegade build- which is alittle harder for sure but pretty brain dead at performing all around well

Braindead 1 button mashers for you to use:

1. Daredevil Impaling Lotus builds
  2. Daredevil Staff survival builds.
  3. Flame Thrower Juggernaut Engineer builds.
  4. Tanky Condi Mirage setups designed to abuse Infinite Horizon.

Other class/builds at least require that a player uses all of their skills to be effective. The ones here in this list can seriously achieve like 75% efficiency by pushing 1 button. If you want truly braindead builds, these are the 4 to look into.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Braindead 1 button mashers for you to use:

Other class/builds at least require that a player uses all of their skills to be effective. The ones here in this list can seriously achieve like 75% efficiency by pushing 1 button. If you want truly braindead builds, these are the 4 to look into.

Lol who uses impaling lotus these days, even most condi builds dont and staff survival build? U mean the old vault spam build using acrobatics which is useless now since the nerfs to the traitline and the nerf to ini on swap trait.The braindead spam builds of today are trap gusrd/burn guard, scourge, condo re , imob druid/slb, flamethrower engi/grenade and to a way lesser degree all necros that run lich as a way to just spam autos into team fights as soon as it start to get pressured.

I play all classes except thief and mesmer, without wasting too much time, here is the true list of easy builds, it's very very very easy to grasp the overall gameplay of the following builds, you will hardly ever have a bad time on them.

I don't have an easiest build as it depends on the way you approach the game but ..I can tell you on which professions you won't find an easy build (at least for the moment with the current balance ) = elementalist - mesmer and thief ; avoid these 3 if you're not looking to actually learn the class.

1) Sword of Justice core guardian/DH with trap runes2) Flamethrower scrapper3) Shortbow Renegade Jalis/shiro4) Condi core necro5) Shortbow immobilize ranger6) Mallyx/Glint herald

You can play any of the 6 builds above without even need to actually learn the class (with rev just run invocation GM 2 in the middle - swap legends when low, rinse and repeat), that's the list, it doesn't come easier than this atm, you won't reach legendary but you won't find yourself wondering why you die....you can literally kill people by randomly( well...almost xd ) pressing buttons

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Braindead 1 button mashers for you to use:

Lol who uses impaling lotus these days, even most condi builds dont and staff survival build? U mean the old vault spam build using acrobatics which is useless now since the nerfs to the traitline and the nerf to ini on swap trait.The braindead spam builds of today are trap gusrd/burn guard, scourge, condo re , imob druid/slb, flamethrower engi/grenade and to a way lesser degree all necros that run lich as a way to just spam autos into team fights as soon as it start to get pressured.

Hey I didn't say those builds were effective. I was pointing out the ones that really actually are braindead to the point that you can literally push 1 button to access 75% efficiency rate on those builds.

Things like Burn Guard/DH, Necros, Immob Druids, these builds at least require you to actually use all of your skills in some kind of a rotation.

If you want to embrace the memes, I present... Core Condi Bunker Signet Ele!

... or Cocoa Bunker for short.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGQAYlZwyYXMNGJeOTbrLA-z5YfGZKBCYB4gB

Nothing gives me greater joy than receiving salty wispers from the enemy team, including loving insults such as "lol trash" and "lol wtf is that build". Mayhaps they find the 4 signets amusing. Little do they know, these 20k burns are no laughing matter.

How to execute your burst like a pro:

Step 1. Target enemy playerStep 2. Press all of your signets. Yes, all of them. For optimal BM, I pop my heal signet too.Step 3. Press Flame burst.Optional!Step 4. Summon Flame elemental. Press skill. Laugh as it nukes some poor sap for 7k damage. Juvenile Snow Owl would be proud

Is your target dead?

Yes? Good job!

No?

Wait 12 seconds and do it again.

Being focused?

That's natural. You are a core staff ele. Most people see you as easy pickings. Luckily for you, damage is extinct! You're running the three tankiest traitlines core ele has to offer. Simply navigate yourself to your about face key, attune to Air or Earth. Fart out some CC. Mix in a few signet of fire casts and/or flame bursts for counter pressure, and the enemy team is sure to hate you!

Is your team being focused?

No matter, make like the angry water sprinkler you are (shoutouts to Muk) and Drop a puddle over your allies soon-to-be-not-dead body. Press F on them (preferably in Air attunement for good ol shocking aura goodness) and watch them spring up good as new. The (nerfed) double geyser rez combo is one that is sure to make your team love and adore you!

@reikken.4961 said:

@Kuma.1503 said:If you want to embrace the memes, I present... Core Condi Bunker Signet Ele!

I've been meaning to try core elehowever, burning my stun break for burst doesn't sound like something that goes over well

You forgot the part where you also pop your heal :)

In all seriousness, should a time come that you wish to expend some modicum of effort, you are free to hold on to your signet of air until you need it. It gives both vuln and blindness to the target, which adds to the cover condis they'll have to deal with if they wish to remove the burns, but you can also save it as a short cooldown stunbreak. (One of the shortest in the game with Written in Stone)

Speaking of, I made an error in the build. Traveler Rune should be Balthazar instead. The +25% ms bonus is redundant with Air Signet's passive.