[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

@"ugrakarma.9416" said:

Also i hope new expansion bring some decente legendary "flame" greatsword, its was should be balthazar one with big effects like Exordium(i have one), the Ascalonian Halowwen one and fallen Balthazar one are the coolest til now, the others are just a "big stick" designed for childs i guess.

Ha, you must've missed the latest Vermillion Blaze Greatsword! It's pretty neat and almost legendary quality! Too bad it was locked behind BLC drops and now a time-gate until we can get it for statuettes...

I have a low priority idea: Add an uncommon drop to Pocket Raptors called Pocket Lint.

The lint would be a crafting material (for tailor, I guess) that would allow players to collect heaps of the stuff and ultimately craft a Pocket Raptor backpack. Additionally, you could have the lint double as a Scribing material that allows Scribes to craft little plush Raptors as guild hall decorations.

Until now, I've been justifying killing hundreds of them by explaining to myself that the Sawgill Mushrooms were worth it, but adding an additional incentive would help me sleep at night.

Add purchasable keys to Dragonfall (similar to Drizzlewood). Too many times, when I join a squad in DF, the map is so far along that I can't get enough keys before the meta. It's not worth doing the meta to open a handful of chests. And with such limited solo activities in the map, it's not pleasant to farm keys alone before finding a squad.

Make the Jumping Puzzle in the Guild Hall (I'm thinking the one in Gilded Hollow) decorate-able, or at the very least, the end house/end of puzzle decorate-able. Because 1) it feels like a waste that there is nothing nice at the end (and nothing that can be like yay, we did it)- also, that house at the end is really nice and it's very much a waste that we can't decorate it 2) some of the most gorgeous places in the hall are part of that jumping puzzle, and it's a travesty we cannot turn them into gardens or houses along the ways.

I know the intention is that people can't 'skip' the puzzle, but would it really be so bad if people did? And if just the end house was decorate-able, wouldn't that not mess up the intent of the jumping puzzle?

Thank you.

@"Yoroiookami.3485" said:Since the game is called Guild Wars 2, I would like there to be more quality of life features, or rather.. essential features... that are missing right now.For one, many of different permissions are merged into one, making it very difficult to rank people up without giving them an ability to pull something bad. If I'm giving someone the ability to invite people to the guild, I don't want to also give them the ability to kick and rank up those below them. If I'm giving someone an ability to start guild missions whenever they like, I don't want them to also be able to mess up the weekly guild mission's preference. It makes no sense to me. At least half of the permissions are this messy, and it blows my mind that it hasn't been changed yet.

As for the quality of life part, I think it would be nice if the information about who invited whom to the guild would be stored somewhere. Also, it would be really useful to see if someone was in the guild previously and was either kicked from it, or left. And whenever I rank someone up, it would be nice if the roster said what their previous rank was, for example "??? has changed the role of ??? from something to something". It's also a bit silly, that I have to go to an external website like gw2efficiency, just to check when a certain guild member joined the guild. I don't see this information anywhere in the game, but maybe I'm blind.

I like the idea of separating out permissions, & seeing when someone joined, I'm neutral on the ranking someone up seeing the rank stuff, but I don't really like the idea of storing info as to whether someone was gkicked, left, etc associated with that person's username without context besides the way it is already stored, it seems like it would cause even more guild drama feeding people's insecurities or just be annoying over something that may not really be a big deal- esp since we're forced to have only 5 guilds at a time, and sometimes people leave and ask to get reinvited back etc-- so for example, if X & Y are friends, and X kicked Y, reinvited Y a minute later, like, if the gkick stuff was associated under Y's name versus the way it is already listed in history now (where X kicked Y, X reinvited Y, the time stamp is already there and it's obvious that they were messing around or fixing some guild related bug or something), that seems kind of ... missing context.

The message of X has invited Y to the guild is already a thing, so is the message history that someone has kicked someone from the guild or left the guild etc. It shows up under guild History, or more specifically History > Roster, and how long ago. However there does seem to be a time limit and on the big guilds the message will get lost- I only see the messages up to a few weeks ago from the roster history of the big guilds I'm a part of. They probably could do it, as long as it doesn't cause issues technically.

I would love it if there was a way to hide your tag if you started a squad. for aesthetic purposes :3 (And also for RP/group RP purposes, & for people who want to LFG for more and have the tag- so a capacity for 50 person squad but are not ready to command.)

On the note of RP, even ctrl-shift-h shows the squad tag. So there isn't a way to fully immerse as long as someone is commanding the squad. It may be doubly cool if there was a way to hide tag and keep it a non private squad (besides tag and private squad), so RPers could theoretically have the tag show up in map, but not over the head of the character--therefore fully immerse while still using squad functionality.

@medivh.4725 said:Can make a /G1-5 command for easlier communication? Currently is guild by guild and is manual

Unless I am misunderstanding you, happily this has been done. Also, for some reason I think it's been like this for a while??I can type /g1 and talk in my first guild, and so on. Are you referring to a message you post in all your guilds at the same time?

@BlueJin.4127 said:1) Reduce PoF and LWS4 enemies aggro range back down to 600. Dealing with a chain of aggro after aggro is so annoying some players just avoid these maps like the plague.

2) Reduce visual clutter so that players can actually see. Right now, metas are a mindless and incomprehensible mess. It's like we're fighting flashing lights that may randomly kill us. Not very engaging gameplay.

3) Let us move the target UI to the side. Again, we can't see the enemies.

4) Let us turn off the player names (displayed as blue text on field) while in a squad. Again, we can't see the enemies.

5) Reduce the painfully bright visual effects. The brightness/contrast on some maps is so extreme it is literally painful to look at the screen. Then there are the ridiculous bright camera flashes every time a Holosmith uses a skill, whenever a Soulbeast mounts (exiting Beastmode), whenever gathering with the Volatile Magic gathering tools, etc.

6) Change Gift of Exploration requirement to any 25 map completions (from any chapter, LWS, IBS, etc.). Another option is to let all legendaries use either the Gift of Mastery, Maguuma Mastery, or Desert Mastery. Not only is core Tyria map completion mind-numbingly boring for lvl 80’s, this would also give incentive to map complete outside of core Tyria.

7) Let us completely turn off story objectives so it doesn't display on the top right. Quitting personal story doesn't work since the next time I log on, the story objective shows up again. With the nearby map completion item, story objective, holiday notice, and daily notices all taking up space on the top right of the screen, I can't see the event objective of the event that I'm trying to do. It's yet another example of this game's unnecessary clutter.

I second this with a note that I do like the bright visual effects, but sometimes my eyes can't take it, so having it as an option to turn off and on would be nice. For the time being though, keeping post processing off will probably make it easier on your eyes, because most of the glowy bright effects are from post processing. I am neutral on the gift of exploration requirement change.

@"lokh.2695" said:"New Asura Loot Opener Golem" coming soon to a gemshop near you, only 300 gems per golem. Or get an "Infinite Loot Opener Golem" as a super rare drop from BLTC-chests.

if you're suggesting any new gem store item suggestions, you'll probably have better luck in the gem store suggestion new items/returning items thread

@Pockethole.5031 said:Please nerf Triple Trouble Wurm bosses (Bloodtide Coast): reduce the amount of trash mobs by 20-40%, and HP for individual boss for about the same. I understand some people welcome the difficulty, but these are World Bosses, not highly organized elite raiding teams. Most people don't know what to do, when to do, and I've only been to 2 different wurms. To even get a chance, you must join a squad, and even then, you fail it. So please nerf them, so people don't have to feel disappointed as they tried their best and then they fail anyway. It's quite discouraging for everyone.

i don't think it should be changed, it's really fun as is, and as a person who just only ever did casual world bosses before i discovered triple trouble, which actually had a mechanic and a really fun hidden minigame of add management (blocking), it was a way to introduce some more interesting content. There is not a single sync boss with an interesting mechanic in the core game, and it got me to buy HoT and PoF. If it was removed, that would kind of be a disservice to core game players and free to play. You could say similar arguments for nerfing tequatl, which also requires a map with enough people. We wurmaholics are working on adding more info to the wiki though so people will know what to do and when to do (especially in regards to additional monster management) and there is a guide on the talk page for those who are intending on doing it. It'd be pretty depresssing if the wurm was nerfed such that blocking (add management, which is basically a rhythm game) was no longer a thing, since there's a whole community enjoying it and I think that once there's more info out there on this boss a lot of people who don't know wurm well would love it too.

@casualkenny.9817 said:The cc mechanic isn't an issue (the scaling can be mistuned, but that's different).

It's the lack of in-game clarity and info on cc, and a grp of players' disinterest in cooperative play that is the issue.

i would be for a clearer tutorial on CC and also a clearer tutorial on combos (optional). When I started the game some years back I don't recall it being very clear.

@"Aeon.4583" said:Please add more skins hat will be much more friendly to Daredevil.Only skins so far that can be suitable are Daredevil's Staff and Bo. But problem here that those skins not always match desirable color scheme.

Small suggestion here:To add more Staff skins to existing craftable Asended Weapon sets ( like Crimson Antique weapons, Cobalt Antique weapons, Weapons of the Sunless ). Whole new Ascended staff recipes can be added with slighty different requirement from regular ascended staff, for skin unlocks.Those new skins will resemble Daredevil's staff but with colors and patterns similar to it's respective ascended collection.This will atleast add some options to find Daredevil-appearance-friendly staff with proper color to use in desirable character's color scheme.

P.s. i would pay some $ for Daredevil's Staff of the Sunless.

anything you want in the gem store, i recommend you post to the gem store thread. while i've seen some of these suggestions (even the recent! ones! ) get implemented (yay!) , they also are pretty active about looking at the gem store new items/suggestions stuff.

@"Seregrin.7812" said:I would like a "To War" emote, which would make the character draw his/her weapons and stand battle ready or menacingly. Like the shiver or play dead emotes.

happily this seems to exist sort of now, just by the sheathing unsheathing the character pretty much does what you say. XDSheathing and unsheathing has been around for a while I think though. It's under control options.

@"WinterSolstice.7829" said:A couple ideas.

• Tonics of the HoT caches and World boss trophy chests.
  • An afterwards use of the reclaimed scraps. (Machined backpiece crafting? maybe?)
  • More candy themed crafting from actual candy to candy based weapons or fashion.
  • A combat mimic summon item.

I support this idea.A few pre-existing stuff that may scratch your itch until more comes out--The 'Endless Boss Chest Tonic" drops from a repeating event from LS1 that I think they brought back to run regularly, the one involving the world bosses.Right now for candy stuff, so far, we have the candycane weapons. I would like some candy weapons along the lines of the princess wand type of color scheme though XD.

@Chaos.7614 said:

@"ugrakarma.9416" said:

Also i hope new expansion bring some decente legendary "flame" greatsword, its was should be balthazar one with big effects like Exordium(i have one), the Ascalonian Halowwen one and fallen Balthazar one are the coolest til now, the others are just a "big stick" designed for childs i guess.

Ha, you must've missed the latest
! It's pretty neat and almost legendary quality! Too bad it was locked behind BLC drops and now a time-gate until we can get it for statuettes...

the flame effect is good, but still its a ugly "big stick", also same old pattern, their fixation with "volcano/lava rock" theme(the texture of that greatsword is "rocky") when come to fire, basically legendary quality i mean a exordium like stuff.

I think fire theme is ok, but there's almost no red item at all in the game. The only good weapon sets are bloodstone and markII, too much related to white mantle and inquest, or the super adventure red weapon set, but you know.. SAB...

No red infusion, the only one supposed to be red is the celestial red infusion, and still, it's blue.

For some reason, everything is blue or purple. Boring. :/

We need more repeatable solo stuff with meaningful rewards. Too many solo events are only worth doing once for a collection/achievement. Solo maps are often dead. Contents with good repeatable rewards are mostly for groups, but not everybody likes to mindlessly zerg constantly. Also, sometimes, we want to play specific maps, but there are no groups available.

HoT Maps: Pre-meta events reward keys and materials, but too many event chains require groups. Not worth playing outside of metas. Change the event chains to be solo friendly and slightly increase rewards to make them worth repeating.Dragonfall: Pre-meta events reward keys. Good, but so few events are solo-friendly. We need more solo events that reward keys.Bjora Marches: Lots of solo events, but with no meaningful rewards, there's no reason to go back there. The solo events should have a very small chance to reward some good stuff, like the Drakkar's Hoard or something.Drizzlewood: Pre-meta events have a lot of good rewards, but like Dragonfall, so few events are solo-friendly. We need more solo oriented events.

Gift of Exploration is one of the few solo stuff that's worth repeating (creating and selling gen 1 legendaries), but since it's only restricted to mind-numbingly boring core Tyria maps, it sucks, too. Change GoE to any 25 maps. Level 80 maps are more fun, and with GoE as a guaranteed reward, there would be reason to map complete other maps.

And I would like to have a bank view always available to see what's in my bank. Of course and in respect to the buyable bank access tools, you should not be able to get something out of the bank for put something in the bank. Just view it.As workaround we already have this information in the tooltip of things (like "12 in bank", "123 in material storage"). But not as complete view.