Just another QQ Review about Guardian class

Masteis.9720

Hi fellas,

I know there are plently of QQ reviews about Guardians but I just wanted to share mine as well and I am going to keep it really short;

I've mained Mesmer, to be honest, I do not have any problem with dealing a Guardian. If I take right actions like dodging skills or using right skills in right time etc. I can take down any class. I believe that mastering any class and playing it is the right the key. But, the thing i want to mention is that the attention you have to pay.For example; as a Mesmer, I have to calculate every move. I cannot use my skills randomly, I need to use them in a correct situation. To success, I have to play smart.And about Guardian; I just started to play with Guardian a few days ago. I just checked a meta build and never watched a single PvP guide. What I do is just laying down whatever trap I, and spaming F2 F3 and Sword 5 when I am low. I don't even select a target, I just push the buttons and try to survive while laying traps around. I have more win ratio than any other class now.I am not trying to tell that Guardian's damage should be nerfed, I just wanted to point that Guardians shouldn't be a class that is really easy to play.

@Masteis.9720 said:Hi fellas,

I know there are plently of QQ reviews about Guardians but I just wanted to share mine as well and I am going to keep it really short;

I've mained Mesmer, to be honest, I do not have any problem with dealing a Guardian. If I take right actions like dodging skills or using right skills in right time etc. I can take down any class. I believe that mastering any class and playing it is the right the key. But, the thing i want to mention is that the attention you have to pay.For example; as a Mesmer, I have to calculate every move. I cannot use my skills randomly, I need to use them in a correct situation. To success, I have to play smart.And about Guardian; I just started to play with Guardian a few days ago. I just checked a meta build and never watched a single PvP guide. What I do is just laying down whatever trap I, and spaming F2 F3 and Sword 5 when I am low. I don't even select a target, I just push the buttons and try to survive while laying traps around. I have more win ratio than any other class now.I am not trying to tell that Guardian's damage should be nerfed, I just wanted to point that Guardians shouldn't be a class that is really easy to play.

I've mained Guardian, to be honest, I do not have any problem with dealing a Mesmer. If I take right actions like dodging skills or using right skills in right time etc. I can take down any class. I believe that mastering any class and playing it is the right the key. But, the thing i want to mention is that the attention you have to pay.For example; as a Guardian, I have to calculate every move. I cannot use my skills randomly, I need to use them in a correct situation. To success, I have to play smart.And about Mesmer; I just started to play with Mesmer a few days ago. I just checked a meta build and never watched a single PvP guide. What I do is just laying down whatever phantasm/shatter I, and spaming F3 F4 and teleport when I am low. I don't even select a target, I just push the buttons and try to survive while laying clones around. I have more win ratio than any other class now.I am not trying to tell that Mesmer's damage should be nerfed, I just wanted to point that Mesmer shouldn't be a class that is really easy to play.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

I've mained Guardian, to be honest, I do not have any problem with dealing a Mesmer. If I take right actions like dodging skills or using right skills in right time etc. I can take down any class. I believe that mastering any class and playing it is the right the key. But, the thing i want to mention is that the attention you have to pay.For example; as a Guardian, I have to calculate every move. I cannot use my skills randomly, I need to use them in a correct situation. To success, I have to play smart.And about Mesmer; I just started to play with Mesmer a few days ago. I just checked a meta build and never watched a single PvP guide. What I do is just laying down whatever phantasm/shatter I, and spaming F3 F4 and teleport when I am low. I don't even select a target, I just push the buttons and try to survive while laying clones around. I have more win ratio than any other class now.I am not trying to tell that Mesmer's damage should be nerfed, I just wanted to point that Mesmer shouldn't be a class that is really easy to play.

Lmao! I'd love to see you actually try using a mesmer in pvp (rated or unrated) and try NOT getting carpal tunnel.

I understand that sarcasm but its true. Any class can counter any class if played well and right. There are some classes the take very little work to master and provide massive benefits for little to no work (e.g. Guards, Necros and maybe Revs). As it stands the low tier classes need to work twice as hard to keep up with these more easily played classes. I also main mesmer and I can lose to a beginner Guard necro or Rev if I make a single mistake where as most other classes can bounce back with little to no issues.

@Ragnar.4257 said:I mean, whether or not Guardian is better than Mesmer, is a fairly pointless discussion, because, they aren't the only 2 classes in the game, and the game-mode is not a 1v1 deathmatch.

I don't think that's the point of the post. The point is guards are easier to play and give a lot of wins with little effort. Mesmers are much more difficult to play and can only win if its in the hands of someone who's played it for a long time.

This isn't just the case for guards and mesmers, its true when you compare other classes too.

@idontnoso.9850 said:

@Ragnar.4257 said:I mean, whether or not Guardian is better than Mesmer, is a fairly pointless discussion, because, they aren't the only 2 classes in the game, and the game-mode is not a 1v1 deathmatch.

I don't think that's the point of the post. The point is guards are easier to play and give a lot of wins with little effort. Mesmers are much more difficult to play and can only win if its in the hands of someone who's played it for a long time.

This isn't just the case for guards and mesmers, its true when you compare other classes too.

Core-Ele is much more difficult to play than mesmer and has much lower win-rate. Therefore mesmer needs to be nerfed.

See how that sounds stupid? See how you can't just compare 2 things in a vacuum?

Yup, what u described is the braindead spammy playstyle that this class and a few others promote and are far more effective than they should be. This and other reasons are why this games pvp are suffering so bad, anet needs to rework these classes to promote healthier playstyles within a competitive environment.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

Core-Ele is much more difficult to play than mesmer and has much lower win-rate. Therefore mesmer needs to be nerfed.

See how that sounds stupid? See how you can't just compare 2 things in a vacuum?

All I see is how narrow minded you are. I said that its true when you compare other classes with the top tier classes. They are top tier because they are so easy to pick up and have high value on almost any team. I've never heard of anyone complaining about having too many necros, guards or revs on their team.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

Core thief is basically non-existent in pvp yet they still heavily nerfed it last patch (and patches before) so yeah i see no point in your argument (at least by Anet's logic).

I didnot mean to tell Mesmer is hard but Guardian is eaay. I just gave Mesmer example because it was my main. I tried to point that Guardians are easy and they can carry the game. That's all.Guardian can inflict tons of burning damage that can kill 2 3 player at the same time. In addition to this, guardian skills have low CD, low casting time, can be casted from mid range, has enough area to hit whole enemy team and some of nuke skills can be spammed 3 or 4 times in a row.

I think you are mixing up what many folks do. Balance and OP/easy-to-play.Guardian even after multiple unjustified nerfs still remains a single well balanced class to date. What I mean by that, is that traits actually have synergy (less now thanks to anet great nerfs), they make sense, and you can create playable builds that actually work. That doesn't equal to being 'easy' to play.
Edit And no, the braindead trapper burn DH is not the only build guardian can run now.

@ollbirtan.2915 said:I think you are mixing up what many folks do. Balance and OP/easy-to-play.Guardian even after multiple unjustified nerfs still remains a single well balanced class to date. What I mean by that, is that traits actually have synergy (less now thanks to anet great nerfs), they make sense, and you can create playable builds that actually work. That doesn't equal to being 'easy' to play.

Edit And no, the braindead trapper burn DH is not the only build guardian can run now.

Based on that I think Anet needs to turn away from nerfing what's working and move towards trying to buff classes/traits/abilities that have been underused or underwhelming. There's a reason why the current meta has been so strong and I think its based on what you're saying, the traits and skills just work so well with each other.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

Or you could buff ele. I wouldn't even ben against that tbh.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

@Masteis.9720 said:Hi fellas,I've mained Guardian, to be honest, I do not have any problem with dealing a Mesmer. If I take right actions like dodging skills or using right skills in right time etc. I can take down any class. I believe that mastering any class and playing it is the right the key. But, the thing i want to mention is that the attention you have to pay.For example; as a Guardian, I have to calculate every move. I cannot use my skills randomly, I need to use them in a correct situation. To success, I have to play smart.And about Mesmer; I just started to play with Mesmer a few days ago. I just checked a meta build and never watched a single PvP guide. What I do is just laying down whatever phantasm/shatter I, and spaming F3 F4 and teleport when I am low. I don't even select a target, I just push the buttons and try to survive while laying clones around. I have more win ratio than any other class now.I am not trying to tell that Mesmer's damage should be nerfed, I just wanted to point that Mesmer shouldn't be a class that is really easy to play.

Silly Guardians,If you don't select a target then spamming your F3/F4 shatter does nothing because your clones are standing still lol.

Gods of pvp:Guardian Build Difficulty - 1Mesmer Build Difficulty - 4

@Bear.9568 said:

@Masteis.9720 said:Hi fellas,I've mained Guardian, to be honest, I do not have any problem with dealing a Mesmer. If I take right actions like dodging skills or using right skills in right time etc. I can take down any class. I believe that mastering any class and playing it is the right the key. But, the thing i want to mention is that the attention you have to pay.For example; as a Guardian, I have to calculate every move. I cannot use my skills randomly, I need to use them in a correct situation. To success, I have to play smart.And about Mesmer; I just started to play with Mesmer a few days ago. I just checked a meta build and never watched a single PvP guide. What I do is just laying down whatever phantasm/shatter I, and spaming F3 F4 and teleport when I am low. I don't even select a target, I just push the buttons and try to survive while laying clones around. I have more win ratio than any other class now.I am not trying to tell that Mesmer's damage should be nerfed, I just wanted to point that Mesmer shouldn't be a class that is really easy to play.

Silly Guardians,If you don't select a target then spamming your F3/F4 shatter does nothing because your clones are standing still lol.

Gods of pvp:Guardian Build Difficulty - 1Mesmer Build Difficulty - 4

Also wonder who has the higher win rate, I could guess.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:As I said in g3 and p1 over the last week there is always a guard on every team and often there's 2 and it's for a good reason.Burn guardian is basically no downstate, ez safe range cleave on low cd that also kills anyone close to the downed, the only thing coming close to this is the banner stomp on warrior that has 180/120s cd. Some of the reworks from PoF had nice base idea but the execution does not work well in PVP at all, its all about PVE dps rotations and spamming more and more. The whole problem is that it does not feel like its outplaying you, it just feels like a timer to get it down before you run out of short cd condition cleanse, every attack is 3 to 5 burn stacks and that for some reason is more damage then full power glass build attacks. It just forces Build war instead of skill war, either have enough condi cleanse and win or don't and die or have a support with truck load of condi cleanse. The problem with that it enforces that Hard counter type gameplay.

That is why it burn guard is not that great above p1,since people start playing more supports there, mostly support warrior cause it counter cheese like that even though it doesn't some playmaker skills like Tempest.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

Ragnars being sarcastic but the point is that playing well will always lead to good results. Yes some builds are ezier and burn dh is like the epitome of ez, but let’s be real it still requires some skill- I’ll say as a somewhat good multi classer who actually loves guardian, I’m actually garbage teir at dh but can play burn cuz it’s ez. I can only play core guard builds at a high level though becuz that’s all I’m familiar with . Sure it’s ez and maybe it produces more results than Mesmer but that doesn’t mean guard is a problem.

Before the mirage and chrono nerfs, mesmer was in the exact same spot of burn trapper dh now.

But I guess it's ok when condi mirage was a plague right? That and scourge were the most spamming nobrainer builds of the maps and I climbed from silver2 to plat1 in 1/2 weeks casually playing.

That being said I agree, burn trapper dh is the plague of the meta, rewards too much the player even if he is terrible and promote spam low risk gameplay.

Not to mention guardian has even a support spec right now which is meta and some other classes barely have something viable.

@whoknocks.4935 said:Before the mirage and chrono nerfs, mesmer was in the exact same spot of burn trapper dh now.

But I guess it's ok when condi mirage was a plague right? That and scourge were the most spamming nobrainer builds of the maps and I climbed from silver2 to plat1 in 1/2 weeks casually playing.

That being said I agree, burn trapper dh is the plague of the meta, rewards too much the player even if he is terrible and promote spam low risk gameplay.

Not to mention guardian has even a support spec right now which is meta and some other classes barely have something viable.

Put a cd on the runes and see those player drop back to silver lol.

@Brokensunday.4098 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:Before the mirage and chrono nerfs, mesmer was in the exact same spot of burn trapper dh now.

Put a cd on the runes and see those player drop back to silver lol.

Or the usual reduction nerf, 1 sec superspeed 1 second stealth, maybe with 10 seconds ICD too why not.