DH isn’t the problem

Disney.7826

Over the weekend and monday night I was in gw3 and plat 1 and all I saw was guards/dh, necro, renegades and ele's and yes u are right ranger was also played very often, that said there was always a guard or dh on both team as well as a necro and sometimes 2 of either often enough. Necro and guards are 100% the classes most played in those brackets at least.

It like many things has amazing counters- but the teams who organize for tournaments just don’t bring those- scourge, sd thief some times condi rev, all insane hard counters. But who knows maybe no one will consider bringing counters or playing around it so ppl will think it’s op. Decap druid is like that- hard countered by all other ranger builds and will lose the 1v1 to thief and rev roaming builds- but teams just don’t think to play that or around them and get hard memed

@Brokensunday.4098 said:Dh is not the problem is true, trappers and permeating wrath trait are, guardian in general need buff all across the board it got its power nearly gutted but that trait and runes set needs a nerf.

This^ trapper rune and permeating wrath trait are what is promoting the brain dead spam builds on guard, rework or hard nerf both than buff guards in other area to promote a more skill full less spammy playstyle.

Imo symbolic power + permeating wrath is the big offender here. Dropping a symbol into a group fight causes f1 to proc so often and cause quite a bit of burning in the area. The more people cluster up, say to rev a downed member, the more those people burn when you symbol them. You don’t even need to take trapper runes with DH, I don’t, and I rarely see DH actually taking them, but the last few I did see, died on the spot when they stealth when I dropped a symbol on them or they couldn’t pressure me enough with ranger damage on my condi ranger to kill me, while not being able to defend themselves from ranged damage once reflects/blocks went down. Is it OPed, no, in the right situation it might appear so, but realistically it’s not. Is it easy to play, yes. Is it fun to play, yes. Is it fun to play against, no.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Brokensunday.4098 said:Dh is not the problem is true, trappers and permeating wrath trait are, guardian in general need buff all across the board it got its power nearly gutted but that trait and runes set needs a nerf.

This^ trapper rune and permeating wrath trait are what is promoting the brain dead spam builds on guard, rework or hard nerf both than buff guards in other area to promote a more skill full less spammy playstyle.

To be honest, Permeating Wrath and regular VoJ should probably have their proc-rates swapped. It doesn't make sense that the single-target one hits every 5 strikes, while the AoE one hits every 3.

@Math.5123 said:

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:Guards spinny sword of fire is better at cleaving than a zerker ele's fgs.

This is straight up a lie.

I have videos to show otherwise...do you want force me to upload videos on youtubes after processing them and prove you wrong?

• a single sword of justice summon can down a light/medium golem on its own
  • You need a full FGS rotation to down a medium golem...and we're talking about an elite

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:Guards spinny sword of fire is better at cleaving than a zerker ele's fgs.

I have videos to show otherwise...do you want force me to upload videos on youtubes after processing them and prove you wrong?
  • You need a full FGS rotation to down a medium golem...and we're talking about an elite

He said, the sword alone is better damage than zerk fgs. I can guarantee you I'll get more dmg out of fgs in a 16s duration (time to cast all 4 swords) than the burning from sword.

@Math.5123 said:

@"Paradoxoglanis.1904" said:Guards spinny sword of fire is better at cleaving than a zerker ele's fgs.

He said, the sword alone is better damage than zerk fgs. I can guarantee you I'll get more dmg out of fgs in a 16s duration (time to cast all 4 swords) than the burning from sword.

Not to mention it's apples to oranges. SoJ is a pure dps utility while fgs has damage + evade + mobility. Also comparing utility skill to elite skill where despite the names, utility slots are generally more important than elite slots. Lastly people don't even use fgs for the most part anyways, saying SoJ is op because it's "better" than a skill on another class which doesn't really see use currently is just stupid.

@Math.5123 said:

I want to see numbers now. :tongue:

@Math.5123, you provide maximum damage for FGS, screenshot is just fine.@Arheundel.6451, you do the same for SoJ.

Not that it really mattered, but I am still curious.

@Megametzler.5729 said:

@Math.5123, you provide maximum damage for FGS, screenshot is just fine.@Arheundel.6451, you do the same for SoJ.

I'll actually patch for this. I'll record using arc

@Arheundel.6451 said:

a single cast of SoJ bring a heavy golem down to half healthand ur forgetting that a single cleanse negates 80% of SoJ dmg, while the same cannot be said of FGS

@Hogwarts Zebra.8597 said:

a single cast of SoJ bring a heavy golem down to half health

Lmao yet a squishy bursty rogue class sets up a fully booned back stab on a heavy golem and wastes half his resources for stealth and has to hit from behind and knocks of like 12% of the heavy golems hp in one back stab. Gj anet gj.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Lmao yet a squishy bursty rogue class sets up a fully booned back stab on a heavy golem and wastes half his resources for stealth and has to hit from behind and knocks of like 12% of the heavy golems hp in one back stab. Gj anet gj.

a backstab crit does way more than 12%also, read the 2nd half of my statement

@Megametzler.5729 said:

As I have stated : a single sword of justice can down a light/medium golem on its own....

Same cannot be said for the dps of FGS, dunno what even is the point , people trying to justify the dmg of an elite to an utility, the dmg coming from a conjure elite should be at least 3x of what is now. If people want to compare then sword of justice with arcane blast as dmg utility comparison well....lol the difference would be even more hilarious.

I have no reason to ask for nerfs on anything these days...as people can see...I play almost everything.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

As I have stated : a single sword of justice can down a light/medium golem on its own....

Same cannot be said for the dps of FGS, dunno what even is the point , people trying to justify the dmg of an elite to an utility, the dmg coming from a conjure elite should be at least 3x of what is now. If people want to compare then sword of justice with
arcane blast
as dmg utility comparison well....lol the difference would be even more hilarious.

I have no reason to ask for nerfs on anything these days...as people can see...I play almost everything.

what is this? radiance+zeal+virtues?nobody will run this build in real gamesrun the same test with zeal+virtues+DH, let's see if u can still down any golem with 1 sword

edit: and make sure to unequip balthazar runes and use trapper instead. ur testing a full glass, essentially pve dps build, against a standard pvp duelist build

@Hogwarts Zebra.8597 said:

a backstab crit does way more than 12%also, read the 2nd half of my statement

Crit yeah lol, go in the mist with a cs/trick/dd zerk/divinity rune and steal backstab the heavy golem 6 times and I'll bet 4 out of 6 land 3k on it, what percentage is 3.4k?