It’s happening! Stretch Animation - [Merged]

Fenom.9457

@"Sobx.1758" said:So you just won't do what is required and you won't get it. This is optional content and as you say: it's just an emote (just like before we had just a single item skin as a reward for these "milestone" achievements), I'm not sure what's the problem with that. Why are some people suddenly surprised by those meta-rewards as if we ever had more than that?

It's not about being surprised. It's about being disappointed in many cases and some people feel even stronger negative emotions than simple disappointment.

People already were disappointed that GW2 launched with but a fraction of the emotes GW1 had.And Arenanet further cemented that feeling by making them rewards, rather than baseline.And Arenanet then nurtured the disappointment even further by not giving people the option to grind the emote in PvP.Emotes in reward tracks could also revitalize PvP for a short time after the release, which the mode is in dire need of.

What else would you exactly expect to get?Does the Meta-achievement need rewards in the first place?The other achievements already had their rewards.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"Sobx.1758" said:So you just won't do what is required and you won't get it. This is optional content and as you say:
it's just an emote
(just like before we had
just a single item skin
as a reward for these "milestone" achievements), I'm not sure what's the problem with that. Why are some people suddenly surprised by those meta-rewards as if we ever had more than that?

It's not about being surprised. It's about being disappointed in many cases and some people feel even stronger negative emotions than simple disappointment.

People already were disappointed that GW2 launched with but a fraction of the emotes GW1 had.And Arenanet further cemented that feeling by making them rewards, rather than baseline.

Ok.

And Arenanet then nurtured the disappointment even further by not giving people the option to grind the emote in PvP.Emotes in reward tracks could also revitalize PvP for a short time after the release, which the mode is in dire need of.

I think that claiming a reward track rewarding an emote would somehow revitalize pvp is a huge stretch -and that's to put it lightly....also if you add it as a reward track in pvp, there's not much of a reason not to add it in wvw, at which point people that aren't interested in neither would have easier time to complete that track in wvw by pveing (camps/veteran creatures) inbetween semi-afking for 5-8 minutes. So I can't say I agree "revitalizing pvp with an emote" is a valid argument.

What else would you exactly expect to get?Does the Meta-achievement need rewards in the first place?The other achievements already had their rewards.

Sure, maybe it doesn't need one, but why wouldn't we want it to have a reward? Other achievements had their rewards, the meta achievement is a kind of a "bigger picture" achievement that acknolwedges and rewards you for completing a chunk of content released in given area/patch, not just some miniscule part of it for an isolated reward. It's your milestone marker that says you've completed most of the content released there and THIS is what you have to bring back from it. Again: don't want it? Then don't do it, I don't see the problem.And just as "maybe meta achievement doesn't need a reward in the first place"... Maybe we don't need new emotes at all, eh? Sure, we don't. But it's nice having something new and putting that something which is purely cosmetic at the end of that achievement seems to be a decent place for that.

• Confused 1

This is yet another achievement that does not appeal to me, so I probably won't even bother with whatever content there is to gain it. I know that most in my small play group feel the same. I get it: there are those who have been panting for this emote thing for ages. It disappoints me to place it behind content which pretty much dis-incentivizes me from playing. Yeah, I know, I could still do the content anyway, but ... why?

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:Let's hope the infusion doesn't required tens of thousands of gold to make or an RNG drop that might as well not exist.

Ofc it will, and ofc it will lolThe grinding part of this game is there so players keep returning for months even with no new content been provided. I am sure the future will only bring much more grind than we have now, it is easy engagement.

Emotes well better than nothing. But I do think that some new racial skins or standalone ones could be rewarded by helping an npc as example: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Riff_SootclawI think as example of boneskinner skins it could have been linked to boneskinners in some way, by using the corrupted grove shrine in west bjora or the boss fight in east bjora like dunno finding all the traps dead corpses sumoning boneskinner as example. Too many rewards depend on grind or rng, see the core philosophy, that charr award you with a beanie for repairing its tank! Can't it be done with some npcs in each map requiring you to do a little task? Dunno, you help training troops and get a special weapon and so on. I think it could be as quest reward, but currently those give poor gold and karma and are only good for xp.

I prefer that emote to be behind achievs because you know you can finish enough one day or another, it is reachable compared to 1/1000 chances to drop. I do wonder how the emote will look on different races. There are two emotes I am missing, the meditation from sandswept and the tinkering one used by npcs near machines showing them moving hands closely like they are crafting something.

The final thing is that, since norn got 2 new cultural set literally of raven and bear shamans, I would like charr and asura having some too. No, some helm skins for charrs aren't sufficient.

@Fenom.9457 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:i remember a time when an emote was added in a game as a feature, not as a reward.oh wait, GW is full of that and has more than GW2.......

I feel like a balance would be better. Some just added in and some that are unlocked. But I get that they take a while to make, so using them as rewards justifies their creation. Otherwise we probably wouldn’t be getting any

the first GW literally has more emotes, the worst part is that GW has more possibilities.also, the commands already exists in the game, everything in GW can be added in GW2 but it takes a bit to convert.

@hugo.4705 said:The only regret I have about shiver emote is the useless shiverplus emote. Way far better emotes could have took its place like /meditate /tinker /shoutout...

Adding an effect to an existing emote is way easier than making an all new one though. We didn’t miss out on one for shiverplus, we never would’ve gotten a full emote in its place

@Fueki.4753 said:I expect /stretch to be another meta achievement reward that I will not get.Arenanet needs to make them all baseline or at least put them into PvP Reward tracks.

I second that!

I tried grinding and it takes MONTHS to get... I give up with other Emote is so hard.

I like the idea to put PvP/wvw(?) tracks. it makes me go exciting more! [/Rockout on PvP Reward is totally only available so far]

@anduriell.6280 said:

@Svarty.8019 said:Looks like a lot of effort just for PvE.More than PvE players in general it is for the roleplay community, stretching emote is not something you would use in any instance it does communicate nothing to other players.

I'm interested, in what situations would the stretch emote feature in an RP context... or do I not want to know?

@"Fuchslein.8639" said:I found out that when players sit down leaning against their mount, this is a chair from the Gemshop.That would be an emote for which I would grind

You're in luck then, because you can grind for ~200 gold and then exchange it for 600 gems :D

...or when you say "grind" you don't really mean "grind"?

• Confused 1

@TwoGhosts.6790 said:

@Svarty.8019 said:Looks like a lot of effort just for PvE.More than PvE players in general it is for the roleplay community, stretching emote is not something you would use in any instance it does communicate nothing to other players.

I'm interested, in what situations would the stretch emote feature in an RP context... or do I not want to know?

I dunno, when a character... needs to stretch? It's such a basic emote in a lot of MMOs.

@Maulclaw.4365 said:

I dunno, when a character... needs to stretch? It's such a basic emote in a lot of MMOs.

So is /clap, but we haven't had that yet, either.

@"Maulclaw.4365" said:The animation is not the same as the censored animation. Human females are using the same animation as human males. Asura feel really robotic and norn are all about clipping. And it's yet another grind to get.

Ugh. Figures.

I'm actually glad to hear this, as I came here to post my displeasure with it being hidden behind "Kill Timmy On L33t D00dz Mode Hopping On One Leg With Both Hands Tied Behind Back While Avoiding It's Personal Liberties Attack While Not Logged Into The Game" activities.

Sounds like even after all that, we wouldn't get back what we lost, and even then, have to 'actively' engage it.

Which also circles back to the argument that it was removed because it was distracting in stories being only 'partially' the reason they got rid of it.

Slowly creeping towards the 'not being fun for me anymore' finish line for me. :anguished: :-1:

@Maulclaw.4365 said:The animation is not the same as the censored animation. Human females are using the same animation as human males. Asura feel really robotic and norn are all about clipping. And it's yet another grind to get.

Ugh. Figures.

Got to say I’m disappointed as hell they didn’t bring it back. I figure that was why they were doing this emote in the first place. But instead they wasted time making a new one for humans, and it’s the worst of the whole lot by a mile. All the others are awesome, I love them! But why in the world wouldn’t they take this opportunity to give players something they badly want back?! Worst decision of this release but all things considered I guess that’s a good thing