Thief, why even bother ?

Chris.2183

First off, i get that the average bob highly dislikes to be outplayed and iced by a thief (when i say thief, im talking power and melee), i also get that average bob makes up the majority of the player base and we need to keep em happy with flashy lights and big bangs followed by the success experience of a kill, while having to put in mininal brain power, so they keep playing.

So i get why thief keeps getting nerfed and nerfed and is now limited to 2 braindead meta builds which could be played by a bot.

But i cant be the only one that loves to play fragile AF tricky builds which can be super effectiv but one small misstep and u are toast, thats my whole incentive to play, right on the edge always having one foot in the crave.

Been playing since gw1 and going to uninstall gw2 now,its just super no fun, the last nail in the coffin are the 8 ini for Inf Shot, so u as a thief have 1 single 900 range port, which nowadays pretty much every single class has and more and after u use it u are pretty much out, because your total ini is to low to get in the fight and do anything and even have a chance of getting back out, being hammered by random target seeking aoe condi stuff, that just dont give a fuck about stealth.

To me its kind of a bad joke but have fun ppls,over n out,see u in gw 3...

P.S. Zeus, u can keep the 150g, dont give a fuck ;)

• Like 6

@Chris.2183 said:

see u in gw 3...

Gw3 gud joke ?After the gw2 pvp fiasco I would not trust into a gw3 pvp until the whole team would change

But with teef ur right.I would say the high end pvp cried for nerfs in the shadowmeetings with cmc for the causuals teef was never a issue, however the never ending nerf drama on teef just shows the unwilling from dev team to think about balance solutions instead of nerfshow

@Chris.2183 said:First off, i get that the average bob highly dislikes to be outplayed and iced by a thief (when i say thief, im talking power and melee), i also get that average bob makes up the majority of the player base and we need to keep em happy with flashy lights and big bangs followed by the success experience of a kill, while having to put in mininal brain power, so they keep playing.

So i get why thief keeps getting nerfed and nerfed and is now limited to 2 braindead meta builds which could be played by a bot.

But i cant be the only one that loves to play fragile AF tricky builds which can be super effectiv but one small misstep and u are toast, thats my whole incentive to play, right on the edge always having one foot in the crave.

Been playing since gw1 and going to uninstall gw2 now,its just super no fun, the last nail in the coffin are the 8 ini for Inf Shot, so u as a thief have 1 single 900 range port, which nowadays pretty much every single class has and more and after u use it u are pretty much out, because your total ini is to low to get in the fight and do anything and even have a chance of getting back out, being hammered by random target seeking aoe condi stuff, that just dont give a kitten about stealth.

To me its kind of a bad joke but have fun ppls,over n out,see u in gw 3...

P.S. Zeus, u can keep the 150g, dont give a kitten ;)

No ur not the only one who liked to play fragile slippery type classes where one major misstep and ur dead but u chose the wrong game with the wrong playerbase to do so. The gw2 pvp community are a different type of animal than other mmos. If thief out plays their opponent and makes no mistakes and clearly should win the engagement most gw2 players will still cry OP cuz the design of the rogue class and the methods involved with ur win. It doesnt matter u perfectly timed ur evades or ur ports, the problem is u have access to such skills and they'll totally disregard how squishy u are. They cant grasp the idea that someone used active defenses and beat them on a squishy character as it hurts their pride, its cuz stealth is OP right?They delude themselves into the oh if their mobile they cant deal damage bs when the mobility is there to make up for low hp and the need to use well tuned active defenses and further high burst is needed to make up for the archetypes design to not sopose to be in a fight long hence the low hp and high mobility, what's the use of a class meant to burst and run if its burst equates to little more than a annoyance. Anet listens to the community which ruined the class.

• Like 5

Timing and position play is defenitly an aspect that seems to be on the backbone of this game.

Game is build for numbers and not for consistency anyway with client sided position forwarding and evade to server, alas no fully server sided pvp like gw1 had.In spvp there is maybe less desync but in WvWvW you get desync pulled or other random out of sync kitten quite often.

So yea for a playstyle like that the game sadly was never good to start with.

@Chris.2183 said:First off, i get that the average bob highly dislikes to be outplayed and iced by a thief (when i say thief, im talking power and melee), i also get that average bob makes up the majority of the player base and we need to keep em happy with flashy lights and big bangs followed by the success experience of a kill, while having to put in mininal brain power, so they keep playing.

But i cant be the only one that loves to play fragile AF tricky builds which can be super effectiv but one small misstep and u are toast, thats my whole incentive to play, right on the edge always having one foot in the crave.Then why the fuck are you playing Thief then, this doesn't make sense. Thief is literally the opposite of what you want to play, cc and conditions no longer bother it and I'm pretty sure there isn't a single build that can burst it down before it can escape.Now if you really wana live on the edge and every mistake cost you dearly you gota play Berserker, no escapes do or die. But then again thief main I don't have much expectations there.

meanwhile I think thief is pretty good. I'm getting solid results

before the skill coefficient overhaul, bursting wasn't much more dps than just autoattacking. but now, all coefficients got cut, but thief's initiative skills didn't. so relatively they got way stronger. so you can actually burst when you have initiative.

if you still don't feel like you have enough damage, maybe you aren't building for it. Critical Strikes is big damage if you haven't tried it

@Vancho.8750 said:

But i cant be the only one that loves to play fragile AF tricky builds which can be super effectiv but one small misstep and u are toast, thats my whole incentive to play, right on the edge always having one foot in the crave.Then why the kitten are you playing Thief then, this doesn't make sense. Thief is literally the opposite of what you want to play, cc and conditions no longer bother it and I'm pretty sure there isn't a single build that can burst it down before it can escape.Now if you really wana live on the edge and every mistake cost you dearly you gota play Berserker, no escapes do or die. But then again thief main I don't have much expectations there.

add in mesmer to the list, no matter what build you chose, its usually balls to the wall, do or die.thief is more about strategical thinking, and map awareness, and from this stems most issues with the class and its players.GW 2 population is first and foremost REALLY fucking bad at rotating and making sound tactical choices, and most people think skill = ability to fight people only.

@reikken.4961 said:meanwhile I think thief is pretty good. I'm getting solid results

before the skill coefficient overhaul, bursting wasn't much more dps than just autoattacking. but now, all coefficients got cut, but thief's initiative skills didn't. so relatively they got way stronger. so you can actually burst when you have initiative.

if you still don't feel like you have enough damage, maybe you aren't building for it. Critical Strikes is big damage if you haven't tried it

Yet all ur post history is on warrior, I bet u think it's good lmao

@Styros.8931 said:

@"Bear.9568" said:Buff thief, but what am I saying....only if its doesn't d/p trash build because its right now op. You need low iq to play d/p now , spam unblock blinds and blackpowder > heartseeker ,and someone after this say " thief is weak " :joy:

Yeah, it is so OP that in the last 10 matches or so i have been the only thief in the match (which wasn't the case in previous seasons). But every match i have plethora of necros and guards, on both teams. I mean, i don't complain - most ppl can't rotate to save their life but yeah. I would really love to see class statistics this season.

• Like 3

@Styros.8931 said:

@"Bear.9568" said:Buff thief, but what am I saying....only if its doesn't d/p trash build because its right now op. You need low iq to play d/p now , spam unblock blinds and blackpowder > heartseeker ,and someone after this say " thief is weak " :joy:

Well anet kinda shot them selfs in the foot here by nerfing dmg via da and even go so far as saying lead attacks and upped ini on most of the d/p kit, most have gone shadows rejuvenation from sa. So what did you guys expect to happen?

@Styros.8931 said:

Man are u ok? Dp has fallen off hard no matter how much u hate the kit. Use zerk/divinity rune with da/trick/dd built for damage and steal backst6the war or guard npc in the midst for ur 2.8k- 3.4k backstab is u get a good crit or go to the heavy golem and ur most common backstab will be 2k somthing and just over 3k lmao. Ur dag autos do 300- 600 and add time last hit will net 800. I can do so much more burst on my soulbeast,necro, rev, ele and even on my splbr. U can spot how OP dp is but its obvious ur statements are driven for ur dislike of the kit not actually on its performance. Players like u are part of the reason why this games pvp are gbage due to the fact that anet actually listens to players who's qq's are driven by bias not actual useful constructive information.

@Cynz.9437 said:

Yeah, it is so OP that in the last 10 matches or so i have been the only thief in the match (which wasn't the case in previous seasons). But every match i have plethora of necros and guards, on both teams. I mean, i don't complain - most ppl can't rotate to save their life but yeah. I would really love to see class statistics this season.

People are actually asking u to swap to a different class now. I actually had a team yelling at me cuz I was constantly decapping and when I'd +1 for a player they'd ask me to leave cuz players are starting to feel like a thief +1'ing for them is little help. I'm starting to see staff thieves again and more DE's cuz their the only specs that have any kind of damage. Wth is anets malfunction with balancing a rogue type class, it's a disaster.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

People are actually asking u to swap to a different class now. I actually had a team yelling at me cuz I was constantly decapping and when I'd +1 for a player they'd ask me to leave cuz players are starting to feel like a thief +1'ing for them is little help. I'm starting to see staff thieves again and more DE's cuz their the only specs that have any kind of damage. Wth is anets malfunction with balancing a rogue type class, it's a disaster.

You should try to play core, you would just shake your head all day. It is sooooooo obvious that this game is P2W.

@Cynz.9437 said:

You should try to play core, you would just shake your head all day. It is sooooooo obvious that this game is P2W.

In the sense that especs are almost always upgrades instead of side grades like was sopose to be the case said anet lol. I think the issue on top of anet not making balance a priority is they also rely on vocal qq'rs that are fueled by obvious bias to steer their infrequent balance decisions and now the games pvp is more of a mess than ever, sure ull get players that play the small handful of specs that are being spammed right now saying it's great but the population speaks for it self.Anet need to shut the community out and spend time on all classes and rework and balance each class to their vision of balance.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

In the sense that especs are almost always upgrades instead of side grades like was sopose to be the case said anet lol. I think the issue on top of anet not making balance a priority is they also rely on vocal qq'rs that are fueled by obvious bias to steer their infrequent balance decisions and now the games pvp is more of a mess than ever, sure ull get players that play the small handful of specs that are being spammed right now saying it's great but the population speaks for it self.Anet need to shut the community out and spend time on all classes and rework and balance each class to their vision of balance.Nah that is how we got the PVE dps rotation spam POF specks.

@Vancho.8750 said:

In the sense that especs are almost always upgrades instead of side grades like was sopose to be the case said anet lol. I think the issue on top of anet not making balance a priority is they also rely on vocal qq'rs that are fueled by obvious bias to steer their infrequent balance decisions and now the games pvp is more of a mess than ever, sure ull get players that play the small handful of specs that are being spammed right now saying it's great but the population speaks for it self.Anet need to shut the community out and spend time on all classes and rework and balance each class to their vision of balance.Nah that is how we got the PVE dps rotation spam POF specks.

And it's better now? The meta are all brainless spam builds on the few highly effective specs, yay.The more anet listens to the vocal qq'rs the more spammy and dumbed down the game gets not to mention the more builds that get deleted decreasing build variety.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

And it's better now? The meta are all brainless spam builds on the few highly effective specs, yay.Exactly because of Arenanets vision for the game with PoF most of the spammy bullshit came with it and as reworks after. Arenanets vision is PVE content but not high end but the spam your skills get presents kind. After the BIG patch they at least have direction, before it was one patch they baseline how mechanics work the other for some reason they added the reverse of that on picked professions. Now at least we are getting to a point where there is power management some give and take. All the thief complaints are getting on my nerves really, some classes don't have viable builds and the thieves bich and moan about their mobility build not one shoting people , kindly fuck off.