Gourmet Training Achievement

My character is at level 493, so I can make most everything. I am suppose to give "Chef's Tasting Platter" to Sous-Chef Siemur Oxbone to begin my Achievement for Gourmet Training. All this is according to Guild Wars 2 Wiki. But he won't take it. There is no option to give it to him. Why? Bug?

I found Sous-Chef Seimur Oxbone in the Hoebrak and I am able to begin my Gourmet Training. Sous-Chef Seimur Oxbone is NOT where the GW2 Wiki says he is. To find him follow these steps--You must enter the Great Lodge and turn right.--As you walk you will see two Wolfborn norms. As you approach them a dialog box pops up asking you if you want to continue to Hunter's Hearth (home). Say Yes to enter the instance.--As you enter and begin walking thru look to your right and you will see some stairs. Go up the stairs, past the Hyleks and keep turning right going up further. When you get to the top of the stairs you should be facing Sous-Chef Seimur Oxbone. He's about 50 meters from the stairs.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Not here? Home instance (after achieving 425 in the Chef discipline, as "Seimur Oxbone"):Hunter's Hearth (floor above the entrance)From the Wiki: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sous-Chef_Seimur_Oxbone

I suspect the confusion is that there are two versions of the character and the one not required for this collection is listed first on the Wiki.

Every day he's in a different open-world area of a city selling bloodstone food, then there's a second version who only appears for characters with cooking level 425 or higher, who is always in the home instances. (So I guess technically that's 1 open world version and 5 home instances versions.)

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Not here? Home instance (after achieving 425 in the Chef discipline, as "Seimur Oxbone"):Hunter's Hearth (floor above the entrance)From the Wiki: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sous-Chef_Seimur_Oxbone

The Wiki tells you to go to the Upper Balcony Way point [&BAgFAAA=] and that takes you to the Trade Commons area outside. Sous-Chef Seimur Oxbone is not there. He is in the Great Lodge. Also, I believe the home instance is Sous-Chef Seimur Oxbone's home instance and not the player's home instance. I found him in his home instance, not mine, my character is human. I was able to start my Gourmet Training here in Norn territory.

@"ksgates.3509" said:My character is at level 493, so I can make most everything. I am suppose to give "Chef's Tasting Platter" to Sous-Chef Siemur Oxbone to begin my Achievement for Gourmet Training. All this is according to Guild Wars 2 Wiki. But he won't take it. There is no option to give it to him. Why? Bug?

You talk to him in your Home Instance and he will order the platter. Then you go craft it and return to your Home Instance to hand it over.

I found him in his home instance, not mine, my character is human. I was able to start my Gourmet Training here in Norn territory.

That is super weird. I did the whole thing on three characters, one Charr and two Humans, and he was always to be found in their respective Home Instance.

@ksgates.3509 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Not here? Home instance (after achieving 425 in the Chef discipline, as "Seimur Oxbone"):Hunter's Hearth (floor above the entrance)From the Wiki:

The Wiki tells you to go to the Upper Balcony Way point [&BAgFAAA=] and that takes you to the Trade Commons area outside. Sous-Chef Seimur Oxbone is not there. He is in the Great Lodge. Also, I believe the home instance is Sous-Chef Seimur Oxbone's home instance and not the player's home instance. I found him in his home instance, not mine, my character is human. I was able to start my Gourmet Training here in Norn territory.

You seem to be confusing Seimur's Wintersday locations with Seimur's chef achievement locations. Scroll down the page a bit.