Stealth rework

Noah Salazar.5430

@"Lonami.2987" said:How about keeping it simple:

• Buff stealth attacks, but now any kind of direct damage removes stealth.
  • Buff stealth duration, but now the stealth effect is transparent instead of complete invisibility, letting enemies notice your movements when they pay attention.

These two simple changes would fix the cheese problems, while rewarding good players for their performance.

I've advocated this for yrs but won't ever happen. My idea was at 3 secs or less stealth is full invisibility so backstabs remain possible but once stacks go beyond 3 secs ur just transparent and once 3 secs are remaining u go from transparent to full invisibility until the 3 secs end or until more than 3 secs are stacked again in which u turn transparent again.

Well, sure, you can change stealth mechanics or stealth granting skills, you do realize however that they would need to rebalance a lot of stealth related spells and traits for that and also consider opportunity costs. Once again, last time someone complained about perma stealth thieves, Anet made evade/dodge builds more "profitable" which lead to community complain all day that they can't hit thief because they "perma dodge". Let's be honest, all you guys want is an immobile dummy that gives bags upon hitting them. You can't expect every class to play like a warrior - the game would be just boring and you yourself would quit it eventually.

OP, please tell me where stacking stealth is really that problematic and game breaking that it would require such huge changes to multiple classes.

P.S. i do not play perma stealth builds i just know how Anet makes their "major" changes and how things get worse, at the end of everyone.

@"Lonami.2987" said:How about keeping it simple:

• Buff stealth attacks, but now any kind of direct damage removes stealth.
  • Buff stealth duration, but now the stealth effect is transparent instead of complete invisibility, letting enemies notice your movements when they pay attention.

These two simple changes would fix the cheese problems, while rewarding good players for their performance.

I mean for some reason you're just reposting what you've already said earlier in this very same thread.Combining "transparent stealth" with "automatic reveal on any dmg" and the amount of aoes this game offers renders stealth more-or-less useless and stealth attacks nearly un-landable during the fight.

"fix", "rewarding for performance" -lol ok.

• Confused 1