Icebrood Saga: Champions Chapter 2 Trailer : Power (January 19)

Carcharoth Lucian.1378

Right now, I'm just kind of riding the waves. I find unguarded enthusiasm to be rather troublesome. Could it be good? Yes. Could it not be? Yes. Will it really affect my goals? No. I'm trying not to set goals that are out of my reach, it's kind of like the affirmation of happiness: "I am happy" as opposed to "I will be happy." Saying I am opposed to I will be is kind of pointless.

@"Teratus.2859" said:Seems this chapter is more based around Jormag's minions.. kind of odd that the Dwarf's make an appearance now since they are far more involved with Primordus.One more faction coming too.. Tengu? I hope it's the Tengu.

But these factions really don't feel like anything yet tbh.. I don't feel like i'm building a multi race army to stand against these dragons because I can't see that progressing in the game yet.Hopefully we'll get something that does show this in part 2.

The Release page says the next faction will "Float your way on February 16th" so I assume that's the Exalted since the Dwarves and Exalted where shown fighting in the first half of the trailer.The Skirt and Tengu where shown as part of the "what the Future holds" section which Is most likely for Chapter 3 in March.

No one noticed, then? How interesting.

There's an obvious absence here, a presence that ought be felt yet is nowhere to be seen. Where be the march of icy-blue digitigrade legs? Have no others missed the sass and playful conceit of our most recent ally? It was the first thing I noticed—not a sign of them. That in and of itself would suggest that something is afoot, a clawed a-foot.

There's no Frost legion, loves. That's a mite bit strange. Thus, I exercise my right as a buffoon to call shenanigans. I vehemently call shenanigans. I know not what the goal is but the story once again has my attention, for I want to know what Ry-Ry and his frost-bitten brigade are up to! Indeed, the question is to be asked whether these Svanir act trully in the name of Jormag. One might ask whether they've been duped, or if there is something more... duplicitous going on here. Pun intended, if you get my drift.

Needless to say, I still have faith that Jormag does indeed stand with us despite what this trailer portends. As to why I think so? Well, time will tell. I admit, I have no idea if my crackpot theories will play out but I do wonder.

All this and unfortunately, I'm under the impression that the Expac will be rather limited. 4 maps, smaller than PoF maps and that's it. I mean it would be the same as the other 2 expacs, but the whole effort that's being said to be put in the expac, ontop of the game receving scarce updates for the span of probably a year before said expac comes out, tells to me that EoD will not sustain the game for 2 or 3 years like PoF. I joined in 2019, so old players may disagree, but thats what I feel like. As a rather new player.

@"Hypnowulf.7403" said:No one noticed, then? How interesting.

There's an obvious absence here, a presence that ought be felt yet is nowhere to be seen. Where be the march of icy-blue digitigrade legs? Have no others missed the sass and playful conceit of our most recent ally? It was the first thing I noticed—not a sign of them. That in and of itself would suggest that something is afoot, a clawed a-foot.

There's no Frost legion, loves. That's a mite bit strange. Thus, I exercise my right as a buffoon to call shenanigans. I vehemently call shenanigans. I know not what the goal is but the story once again has my attention, for I want to know what Ry-Ry and his frost-bitten brigade are up to! Indeed, the question is to be asked whether these Svanir act trully in the name of Jormag. One might ask whether they've been duped, or if there is something more... duplicitous going on here. Pun intended, if you get my drift.

Needless to say, I still have faith that Jormag does indeed stand with us despite what this trailer portends. As to why I think so? Well, time will tell. I admit, I have no idea if my crackpot theories will play out but I do wonder.

Oh I noticed. As one of the DRMs is in a frozen Lake Doric with Sons of Svanir as the enemy I think it's safe to say that Jormag's inevitable betrayal will occur in this patch.

"You will all be preserved... in ice" went Jormag, and everyone went "Gasp! The evil and manipulative Dragon turned out to be evil and manipulative! What a twist!"

@Solanum.6983 said:

@"Teratus.2859" said:Seems this chapter is more based around Jormag's minions.. kind of odd that the Dwarf's make an appearance now since they are far more involved with Primordus.One more faction coming too.. Tengu? I hope it's the Tengu.

But these factions really don't feel like anything yet tbh.. I don't feel like i'm building a multi race army to stand against these dragons because I can't see that progressing in the game yet.Hopefully we'll get something that does show this in part 2.

The Release page says the next faction will "Float your way on February 16th" so I assume that's the Exalted since the Dwarves and Exalted where shown fighting in the first half of the trailer.The Skirt and Tengu where shown as part of the "what the Future holds" section which Is most likely for Chapter 3 in March.

Yeah that makes sense, they're bound to keep us waiting for the Tengu specially since the Tengu been sitting back for so long xD

Besides the locations for the next patch. I'm not even slightly excited about this. Icebrood Saga has been amazing narratively with good villains. They are not doing the story they started justice. What I find most frustrating is that it feels like Icebrood Saga has been pushed into wrapping up quickly for the expac more for the sake of 'getting it over with'. And in doing so it makes it seem like they see their players as ignorant. "Grind these mob bash instances for an entire week for terrible rewards, look how exciting it is!" DRMs are not fun. I play living world for the story. I love gw2 but this is so utterly disappointing.

@Grand Marshal.4098 said:[...] tells to me that EoD will not sustain the game for 2 or 3 years like PoF. I joined in 2019, so old players may disagree, but thats what I feel like. As a rather new player.

2 or 3 years? I was done with PoF on all of my characters within less than a year.

I'm expecting the upcoming expansion to be an excellent piece of work after the drought that is the Icebrood Saga finale.

@Healix.5819 said:

@Grand Marshal.4098 said:All this and unfortunately, I'm under the impression that the Expac will be rather limited. 4 maps, smaller than PoF maps and that's it.

They have more people on this expansion than any previous one and by the end of the year it will have been how long it took to develop S3+PoF.

Technically we don't know. We assume and are hopeful, but we don't know that this is the case.

They could have already sent another 100 devs to some project that will get scrapped later on and had a small team working on this expansion only to realize they need to pull everyone from the live game to actually finish it on time.

Hopefully that isn't the case and they have a huge team working on the expansion though. With them pushing the release dates earlier for the final chapter of Icebrood I'm hoping that means they really do and they're further ahead on the expansion.

I know it would alleviate a lot of concern if they started showing at least monthly teasers of the expansion though. Show some brief clips of maps, some concept art, a few elite specs a month leading up to it. A teaser for whatever feature they're adding, if there is one. Something.

@Bast.7253 said:

@Grand Marshal.4098 said:All this and unfortunately, I'm under the impression that the Expac will be rather limited. 4 maps, smaller than PoF maps and that's it.

They have more people on this expansion than any previous one and by the end of the year it will have been how long it took to develop S3+PoF.

Technically we don't know. We assume and are hopeful, but we don't know that this is the case.

They could have already sent another 100 devs to some project that will get scrapped later on and had a small team working on this expansion only to realize they need to pull everyone from the live game to actually finish it on time.

Hopefully that isn't the case and they have a huge team working on the expansion though. With them pushing the release dates earlier for the final chapter of Icebrood I'm hoping that means they really do and they're further ahead on the expansion.

I know it would alleviate a lot of concern if they started showing at least monthly teasers of the expansion though. Show some brief clips of maps, some concept art, a few elite specs a month leading up to it. A teaser for whatever feature they're adding, if there is one. Something.

Yes please. I'm ready for the hype!