Mastering WvW

Justine.6351

@Justine.6351 said:

@saerni.2584 said:That poor Bronze Legend...should have been more careful.

It's always shocking to see the variance. Some downs do nothing. Others are practically the second stage of the fight :pensive:

Well to be fair, he did try port stomping, then tried stealth stomping :/

Teleport stomping would not be my first, or second or third, choice vs Mesmer. Honestly, even stealth stomp can get a little messy because most of the time the stealth lasts just a moment later than the stomp even if the teleport didn't move the mes out of range. These days, cleave and taking out clones is what I focus on.

But yeah that thief sure was glassy. That hit took out 40%+ instantly.

@LetoII.3782 said:

@knite.1542 said:Yeah I hate that garbage. Thief should have longbowed the clones and played it safe. Crazy how busted some downstates are compared to others.(looking at you underwater pet rez)

Nobody else gets to complain about OP downstates while Guardian still has that sad little puff and nothing else.

Try playing an engineer..

WORST.DOWNSTATE.SKILLS.EVER.

@Jaruselka.5943 said:

@knite.1542 said:Yeah I hate that garbage. Thief should have longbowed the clones and played it safe. Crazy how busted some downstates are compared to others.(looking at you underwater pet rez)

Nobody else gets to complain about OP downstates while Guardian still has that sad little puff and nothing else.

Yeah idk guardian contribute to a revive with the no target required aoe knockback and if downed long enough to pop the symbol for a little more help.

But yeah they are not ever going to self rally I would imagine.

Warrior and Engi are pretty pathetic.

@Justine.6351 said:

Yeah idk guardian contribute to a revive with the no target required aoe knockback and if downed long enough to pop the symbol for a little more help.

Unless you let that warrior use Vengeance... I've stomped my fair share of people while using that skill. About 75% of the time I type /sleep afterwards :lol:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Unless you let that warrior use Vengeance... I've stomped my fair share of people while using that skill. About 75% of the time I type /sleep afterwards :lol:

Don't tell anyone but I've been stomped by a vengeanced warrior and even had them rally off of it, feels amazing :sHave to projectile block, blind or interrupt that hammer throw ;)

@Jaruselka.5943 said:

Dunno, 1 cc and another aoe knock back.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Gwaihir.1745" said:Downstate should go. You lost the fight, spawn and get back to it. Also removes enemies bleeding you out.But you didnt loose the fight yet.

Its the same as saying
"the enemy is below 30% hp thats it I won."
. Have you won?

Pretty sure you lost when you hit downstate in any scenario where your buddy isnt carrying you in a 2v1. Whos going to win? The guy who can spike you or your piddly downstate dps? You're just dragging it out hoping someone will pick you up.

@Gwaihir.1745 said:

@Gwaihir.1745 said:Downstate should go. You lost the fight, spawn and get back to it. Also removes enemies bleeding you out.But you didnt loose the fight yet.

Its the same as saying
"the enemy is below 30% hp thats it I won."
. Have you won?

Pretty sure you lost when you hit downstate in any scenario where your buddy isnt carrying you in a 2v1. Whos going to win? The guy who can spike you or your piddly downstate dps? You're just dragging it out hoping someone will pick you up.

The fact that there are situations where you can recover from a downstate disprove your point or claim. So I see no way of how one can argue the fight was over.

The fact that going downstate is a near defeat does not mean it is a guaranteed defeat. As such Dawdler is right, TC had not lost yet. He was in a very desperate situation yes, but the fight isn't over until you see those wxp numbers tick. In this case, with some luck and situational awareness, and a ton of mistakes on his opponents part, who was probably employing the same assumption of "I have this in the bag", TC came out victorious.