Thief, why even bother ?

Chris.2183

@Vancho.8750 said:

@"Bear.9568" said:Buff thief, but what am I saying....only if its doesn't d/p trash build because its right now op. You need low iq to play d/p now , spam unblock blinds and blackpowder > heartseeker ,and someone after this say " thief is weak " :joy:

Yeah, it is so OP that in the last 10 matches or so i have been the only thief in the match (which wasn't the case in previous seasons). But every match i have plethora of necros and guards, on both teams. I mean, i don't complain - most ppl can't rotate to save their life but yeah. I would really love to see class statistics this season.

People are actually asking u to swap to a different class now. I actually had a team yelling at me cuz I was constantly decapping and when I'd +1 for a player they'd ask me to leave cuz players are starting to feel like a thief +1'ing for them is little help. I'm starting to see staff thieves again and more DE's cuz their the only specs that have any kind of damage. Wth is anets malfunction with balancing a rogue type class, it's a disaster.

You should try to play core, you would just shake your head all day. It is sooooooo obvious that this game is P2W.

In the sense that especs are almost always upgrades instead of side grades like was sopose to be the case said anet lol. I think the issue on top of anet not making balance a priority is they also rely on vocal qq'rs that are fueled by obvious bias to steer their infrequent balance decisions and now the games pvp is more of a mess than ever, sure ull get players that play the small handful of specs that are being spammed right now saying it's great but the population speaks for it self.Anet need to shut the community out and spend time on all classes and rework and balance each class to their vision of balance.Nah that is how we got the PVE dps rotation spam POF specks.

And it's better now? The meta are all brainless spam builds on the few highly effective specs, yay.Exactly because of Arenanets vision for the game with PoF most of the spammy kitten came with it and as reworks after. Arenanets vision is PVE content but not high end but the spam your skills get presents kind. After the BIG patch they at least have direction, before it was one patch they baseline how mechanics work the other for some reason they added the reverse of that on picked professions. Now at least we are getting to a point where there is power management some give and take. All the thief complaints are getting on my nerves really, some classes don't have viable builds and the thieves bich and moan about their mobility build not one shoting people , kindly kitten off.

What classes dont have viable builds?Guard- meta in pvp and wvw-checkNecro-meta in pvp and wvw-checkRev/ren- meta in pvp and wvw-checkEle- not meta pick but very high player counts in pvp and wvw- checkRanger- not a meta per se but high player presentation in both pvp and wvw-checkWarrior- healbreaker meta in pvp and bubble in wvw-checkEngi- meta in both pvp and wvw- checkMirage-not meta and only one gimmick build that's usually seen in pvp and wvw and player representation has falling off.Thief- not really meta in pvp anymore as its dropped off and not meta in wvw and is used to roam cuz what else u gonna do, also player representation has fallen off.It is u that needs to look through ur own bias and kindly kitten off as thief's were long sick and tired of reading ur guys content whines about the class far before u even had a forethought of being sick of listening to thief players qq's.Thanks

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@"Bear.9568" said:Buff thief, but what am I saying....only if its doesn't d/p trash build because its right now op. You need low iq to play d/p now , spam unblock blinds and blackpowder > heartseeker ,and someone after this say " thief is weak " :joy:

Yeah, it is so OP that in the last 10 matches or so i have been the only thief in the match (which wasn't the case in previous seasons). But every match i have plethora of necros and guards, on both teams. I mean, i don't complain - most ppl can't rotate to save their life but yeah. I would really love to see class statistics this season.

People are actually asking u to swap to a different class now. I actually had a team yelling at me cuz I was constantly decapping and when I'd +1 for a player they'd ask me to leave cuz players are starting to feel like a thief +1'ing for them is little help. I'm starting to see staff thieves again and more DE's cuz their the only specs that have any kind of damage. Wth is anets malfunction with balancing a rogue type class, it's a disaster.

You should try to play core, you would just shake your head all day. It is sooooooo obvious that this game is P2W.

In the sense that especs are almost always upgrades instead of side grades like was sopose to be the case said anet lol. I think the issue on top of anet not making balance a priority is they also rely on vocal qq'rs that are fueled by obvious bias to steer their infrequent balance decisions and now the games pvp is more of a mess than ever, sure ull get players that play the small handful of specs that are being spammed right now saying it's great but the population speaks for it self.Anet need to shut the community out and spend time on all classes and rework and balance each class to their vision of balance.Nah that is how we got the PVE dps rotation spam POF specks.

And it's better now? The meta are all brainless spam builds on the few highly effective specs, yay.Exactly because of Arenanets vision for the game with PoF most of the spammy kitten came with it and as reworks after. Arenanets vision is PVE content but not high end but the spam your skills get presents kind. After the BIG patch they at least have direction, before it was one patch they baseline how mechanics work the other for some reason they added the reverse of that on picked professions. Now at least we are getting to a point where there is power management some give and take. All the thief complaints are getting on my nerves really, some classes don't have viable builds and the thieves bich and moan about their mobility build not one shoting people , kindly kitten off.

What classes dont have viable builds?Guard- meta in pvp and wvw-checkNecro-meta in pvp and wvw-checkRev/ren- meta in pvp and wvw-checkEle- not meta pick but very high player counts in pvp and wvw- checkRanger- not a meta per se but high player presentation in both pvp and wvw-checkWarrior- healbreaker meta in pvp and bubble in wvw-checkEngi- meta in both pvp and wvw- checkMirage-not meta and only one gimmick build that's usually seen in pvp and wvw and player representation has falling off.Thief- not really meta in pvp anymore as its dropped off and not meta in wvw and is used to roam cuz what else u gonna do, also player representation has fallen off.It is u that needs to look through ur own bias and kindly kitten off as thief's were long sick and tired of reading ur guys content whines about the class far before u even had a forethought of being sick of listening to thief players qq's.ThanksHere is the victimhood again poor old thief, so poor so staple to pvp even after the sb nerfs. And still latching on the thief part, no grand vision for the whole game just poor old thief. There is still not a single profession that can substitute its slot, cause nothing can match it. And the whole check list proves my point several classes not meta and several barely have one build in there. There needs more work to be done, but they going in the general right direction, cause some stuff started etching in the playable category for example Berserker, it is still bad but it can have some impact these days.Cause i like ya i'll give one hint why thief can't have the ye oldy op shit, they removed the passive proc defenses and surprise attacks became less manageable, some classes had a ball for a while, till they got slapped for not being much interactive and being able to port instantly people back to base.

@Vancho.8750 said:

What classes dont have viable builds?Guard- meta in pvp and wvw-checkNecro-meta in pvp and wvw-checkRev/ren- meta in pvp and wvw-checkEle- not meta pick but very high player counts in pvp and wvw- checkRanger- not a meta per se but high player presentation in both pvp and wvw-checkWarrior- healbreaker meta in pvp and bubble in wvw-checkEngi- meta in both pvp and wvw- checkMirage-not meta and only one gimmick build that's usually seen in pvp and wvw and player representation has falling off.Thief- not really meta in pvp anymore as its dropped off and not meta in wvw and is used to roam cuz what else u gonna do, also player representation has fallen off.It is u that needs to look through ur own bias and kindly kitten off as thief's were long sick and tired of reading ur guys content whines about the class far before u even had a forethought of being sick of listening to thief players qq's.ThanksHere is the victimhood again poor old thief, so poor so staple to pvp even after the sb nerfs. And still latching on the thief part, no grand vision for the whole game just poor old thief. There is still not a single profession that can substitute its slot, cause nothing can match it. And the whole check list proves my point several classes not meta and several barely have one build in there. There needs more work to be done, but they going in the general right direction, cause some stuff started etching in the playable category for example Berserker, it is still bad but it can have some impact these days.Cause i like ya i'll give one hint why thief can't have the ye oldy op kitten, they removed the passive proc defenses and surprise attacks became less manageable, some classes had a ball for a while, till they got slapped for not being much interactive and being able to port instantly people back to

Honestly if u dont want to read thieves voice their opinion about thier class as is their right to do so than why are u reading and posting in a thread that's doing just that? By the tittle u shoulda just ignored it if ur tired of hearing thieves voice their opinion. Doesnt get any simpler than that really.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEyou lie, backscratch deals 2k REEEEshadowshot even less, REEEif you think otherwise you are wrong, if you have proof its fabricated REEE

I can't tell if you're being facetious or notin case you're not, shadow shot usually does about 5k to non-heaviesheartseeker about 7k if it downs the guy. have gotten some 9ks, but those are rare, and always overkill

@reikken.4961 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEyou lie, backscratch deals 2k REEEEshadowshot even less, REEEif you think otherwise you are wrong, if you have proof its fabricated REEE

I can't tell if you're being facetious or notin case you're not, shadow shot usually does about 5k to non-heaviesheartseeker about 7k if it downs the guy. have gotten some 9ks, but those are rare, and always overkill

I have tried to be overly sarcastic

Thief got slapped pretty hard in PvP yea.

I already said my piece in another thread but I'll repeat it here :Cost increase is not balance.It's just a lazy change designed to suppress and stifle playstyles.

Thief gets slapped often by this, and Revenant also gets slapped often by this.It's honestly getting really disgusting how this is the only sort of balance cost related skills are getting.

Like oh boy, just slap 1 or 2 ini cost, or increase cost by 5 energy and call it a day.

Like if Inf Arrow was really a problem, why not BALANCE IT by reducing the port range to 600 but lowering cost to 5?

@reikken.4961 said:

These numbers as usual complete bullshit lmao 7k heartseeker? If all three damage lines are taken which makes the build useless and stars align maybe but far from the usual. Man u guys and ur inflated numbers are halarious, grow up omg it's a mmo.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

These numbers as usual complete kitten lmao 7k heartseeker? If all three damage lines are taken which makes the build useless and stars align maybe but far from the usual. Man u guys and ur inflated numbers are halarious, grow up omg it's a mmo.

one and a half damage linescritical strikes (damage)trickery (half damage)daredevil (with dash. defensive)

I've been playing a glass thief d/p thief as of late, scrapping the sustain of SA for crit strikes. Despite claims of CS doing less damage than SA, I've been noticing huge numbers.

It's especially nuts when opting to run Deadeye, I consistently hit 10kish malicious backstabs against squishy targets. Mind you, DE has inherently higher risk with the d/p set than DD, but boy is the payoff nice. I honestly prefer the higher risk to higher payoff. It's more in-line with how I prefer to play.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

What classes dont have viable builds?Guard- meta in pvp and wvw-checkNecro-meta in pvp and wvw-checkRev/ren- meta in pvp and wvw-checkEle- not meta pick but very high player counts in pvp and wvw- checkRanger- not a meta per se but high player presentation in both pvp and wvw-checkWarrior- healbreaker meta in pvp and bubble in wvw-checkEngi- meta in both pvp and wvw- checkMirage-not meta and only one gimmick build that's usually seen in pvp and wvw and player representation has falling off.Thief- not really meta in pvp anymore as its dropped off and not meta in wvw and is used to roam cuz what else u gonna do, also player representation has fallen off.It is u that needs to look through ur own bias and kindly kitten off as thief's were long sick and tired of reading ur guys content whines about the class far before u even had a forethought of being sick of listening to thief players qq's.ThanksHere is the victimhood again poor old thief, so poor so staple to pvp even after the sb nerfs. And still latching on the thief part, no grand vision for the whole game just poor old thief. There is still not a single profession that can substitute its slot, cause nothing can match it. And the whole check list proves my point several classes not meta and several barely have one build in there. There needs more work to be done, but they going in the general right direction, cause some stuff started etching in the playable category for example Berserker, it is still bad but it can have some impact these days.Cause i like ya i'll give one hint why thief can't have the ye oldy op kitten, they removed the passive proc defenses and surprise attacks became less manageable, some classes had a ball for a while, till they got slapped for not being much interactive and being able to port instantly people back to

Honestly if u dont want to read thieves voice their opinion about thier class as is their right to do so than why are u reading and posting in a thread that's doing just that? By the tittle u shoulda just ignored it if ur tired of hearing thieves voice their opinion. Doesnt get any simpler than that really.Thieves can windge about thief in the Thief section instead of the PVP section instead of having the same thread about it reposted over and over and over, while everyone that is playing something else says " Shut the kitten up, you don't know how good you have it". I'm quite amazed that majority of thief players haven't touched the other classes or even tried a different build for thief for that matter and yet there is whining. I go and check the issue and lo and behold they do the same damage as everyone else on their mobility build , 4500 is the average hard hitting ability with cooldown( imagine having to deal with those) on the current balancing, give or take, It gets to 6 k with buffs.

I read the first line and what I said still aply's, dont read and post in threads thief's post regarding their opinions on the state of their class if ur sick of reading them, again....simple, all ur doing is coming across as a whiney biases thief hater by doing so :)Its on the PVP forum free country here, if its the relegated thief forum it isn't, and i come here to entertain myself since whatever i say would not be read or it will be ignored. Strangely enough thief mains are the easiest to fuck with in game or on the forum. And don't try to dismiss walls of text with you are a hater, give me something to work with, entertain me.

Some classes literally have the same health as Thief, though?

In case of Ele you even have less armor, yet are fully visible all the time, and without all the access to teleports and such since both Guard and Ele only have one utility port, and MAYBE one on weapon, depending on what's equipped. So to say you're super squishy and always playing on the edge when you can just disappear, even porting 5k range, is just silly.

My Daredevil runs a full evasion build with no stealth and still dies more than my stealthy Deadeye. But players who haven't played a 100% fully visible class in competitive modes can't understand how awful it is to be targettable at 1.5k+ range.

Besides, as I posted about in another thread on this topic, there's multiple ways to refill Initiative.

@Hannelore.8153 said:Some classes literally have the same health as Thief, though?

In case of Ele you even have less armor, yet are fully visible all the time, and without all the access to teleports and such since both Guard and Ele only have one utility port, and MAYBE one on weapon, depending on what's equipped. So to say you're super squishy and always playing on the edge when you can just disappear, even porting 5k range, is just silly.

My Daredevil runs a full evasion build with no stealth and still dies more than my stealthy Deadeye. But players who haven't played a 100% fully visible class in competitive modes can't understand how awful it is to be targettable at 1.5k+ range.

Besides, as I posted about in another thread on this topic, there's multiple ways to refill Initiative.

Yeah sry ele can sustain its self in a 1v3 and eat 10x more damage than thief can literally. If it wants it also can have a teleport and also a 10 sec pulsing hard cc skill while it simply floats around, lastly the barriers.......

Let's look at other light armorsNecro... lol dont need to even say anything here.Mesmer- class has been gutted so yeah.Medium classes?Ranger- umm yeah barriers, defensive boons and can take a lot more hits than thief, a half arsed sustain build on ranger puts the best sustain build on teef to shame, damage wise to.Engi- scrapper sustain can be godly and holo's pretty darn good, wanna compare holo sustain and damage to thief? Lol

Sry but.

@reikken.4961 said:

These numbers as usual complete kitten lmao 7k heartseeker? If all three damage lines are taken which makes the build useless and stars align maybe but far from the usual. Man u guys and ur inflated numbers are halarious, grow up omg it's a mmo.

one and a half damage linescritical strikes (damage)trickery (half damage)daredevil (with dash. defensive)

Daredevil is a damage traitline. Also good luck actually maintaining critical strikes multipliers in a realistic scenario rather than all of them turning off as soon as the fight starts. And even then you dont do 7k, you might do 6k if you push it.

@Kuma.1503 said:I've been playing a glass thief d/p thief as of late, scrapping the sustain of SA for crit strikes. Despite claims of CS doing less damage than SA, I've been noticing huge numbers.

It's especially nuts when opting to run Deadeye, I consistently hit 10kish malicious backstabs against squishy targets. Mind you, DE has inherently higher risk with the d/p set than DD, but boy is the payoff nice. I honestly prefer the higher risk to higher payoff. It's more in-line with how I prefer to play.

CS does less damage in realistic scenarios. The problem is most of the damage multipliers turn off in a realistic fight, so youre just left with less damage than the flat damage procs from SA. Especially against high toughness targets since those damage procs ignore armour.

@Hannelore.8153 said:Some classes literally have the same health as Thief, though?

Ele has a harder time running away, but a much easier time surviving in a fight. In fact, weaver is one of the hardest classes to actually pin down. Squishiness has nothing to do with how well you can avoid a fight, else spawn mesmer would be the tankiest class. Its how well you can survive in a fight. Thief cant, at all. Ele can with ease.

Not really? Stealth is good for initiating fights, its pretty bad for actually surviving. Id take evades, blocks and invulns over stealth 10/10 times (on that note, Anet, pls give throw elixir S evade instead of stealth).

@UNOwen.7132 said:

Daredevil is a damage traitline. Also good luck actually maintaining critical strikes multipliers in a realistic scenario rather than all of them turning off as soon as the fight starts. And even then you dont do 7k, you might do 6k if you push it.

No point arguing man dont fall onto the same trap I did lol the fact they said 7k as a normal number off a heart seeker shows theres no point in discussing further. It's like they dont think thief players of 7 yrs dont know the average damages of skill within their builds. Crit/trick/DD nets u 1.5-2.5k heart seekers on average and anywhere from 3.8-4.5k on decent crits which dont always happen. Yeah if ur targets near death u can get 6-7k if u have might, they have vuln and are less than 25% hp'ish.These players that clearly dont play the class nor like it take thee highest numbers theyve seen skills do and post em on the forum. Funny it's always the same players and as can be expected not only do they not play the class but in their post history its evident they have a bias against the class, hey leonendrix:)

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

I have tried to be overly sarcasticSomeone reported some of our posts, man and they got deleted. The funny thing is that they are in quotes and seem to be important to the thread, this shit is too funny. Also it is funny that thieves mains report people, on a troll thread, this is too rich.

@Hannelore.8153 said:Some classes literally have the same health as Thief, though?In case of Ele you even have less armor, yet are fully visible all the time, and without all the access to teleports and such since both Guard and Ele only have one utility port, and MAYBE one on weapon, depending on what's equipped. So to say you're super squishy and always playing on the edge when you can just disappear, even porting 5k range, is just silly.

Even though this was addressed I'd like to quote it again and remind people with this thought process that context matters.

Yes, Ele has less armor. Yes, Ele has less ports. They also have significant access to protection, evades, outright invulns, blocks and significant incoming healing to cover these weaknesses in various ways.

Thief has various lengths of stealth to attempt to achieve this same level of weakness covering, yes, but to take it you have to give up point contesting, reduce your damage to 0, and hope that something doesn't reveal you and strip your sustain mechanic before you get value out of it.

Health values at the end of the day don't matter all that much. what matters is how many avenues you have to keep yourself alive, and Thief always manages to get their builds shoved into the most -disliked- one.

@"Kuma.1503" said:Accidental double post, but I suppose I'll use this opportunity to post the build I use

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PawAgqRlNwuYbsMGJW2WnvOA-zZIPkMlC9rAKZEYrB

It's balls to the wall, but a ton of fun.

I'm glad you're having fun with it, but this looks like itll lose to anyone that can close a 1200 range gap once. Not critique or anything, just... jaded

@Vancho.8750 said:

I have tried to be overly sarcasticSomeone reported some of our posts, man and they got deleted. The funny thing is that they are in quotes and seem to be important to the thread, this kitten is too funny.
Also it is funny
that thieves mains report people, on a troll thread, this is too rich.

You've typed up a small book so far full of angst, edginess, and false derision in this one troll thread. I don't think you find any of it funny. You seem to be super serious about it all like someone pushed a button. I hope you find some peace so you can escape the lowly thief forum.

@kash.9213 said:

I have tried to be overly sarcasticSomeone reported some of our posts, man and they got deleted. The funny thing is that they are in quotes and seem to be important to the thread, this kitten is too funny.
Also it is funny
that thieves mains report people, on a troll thread, this is too rich.

You've typed up a small book so far full of angst, edginess, and false derision in this one troll thread. I don't think you find any of it funny. You seem to be super serious about it all like someone pushed a button. I hope you find some peace so you can escape the lowly thief forum.It is amusing isn't it.