Allow us to skip cutscenes/dialogues

Isle of Stars.3049

As what the title says, kindly put a system where it allows us to skip cutscenes/dialogues during claiming of achievements. It is no longer necessary for us to watch these scenes over and over when we are repeating these chapters for the sake of collecting achievements. This happens especially when an achievement fails and we have to repeat the same thing all over from the start.

• Like 1

It's been requested more times than I can remember, in both these and the old forums. From what I can recall (unless someone else can find the elusive and maybe extinct response(s) from Anet) it has been totally ignored. Ditto for requests to have save points during personal stories.

• Thanks 1

It's indeed been asked many times before, and yes it has been ignored by Anet systematically, but for the record: I fully want this.

Stop the disconnects during unskippable cinematicsStop the constant frustration from doing extremely long instances all over again while you were 1 click away to end it.Stop the "most likely problem is router settings" lie

Actually start fixing your old content.

• Like 3

Even better, at least as far as achievements go, would be a way to get to the part of the instance where certain achievements start, and skip all the junk (trash mobs, conversations,etc) that lead up to it. It would make achievements easier to get, because you could retry more easily. But at this point, I've largely given up on a lot of them, because I do not find it fun playing through 15 minutes of junk content, only to then fail at the achievement in the first minute of the battle.Though in reality, I don't expect Anet to ever fix this. The fact they never updated the LS2 ones so that you could try to get them when playing through first time on another character is evidence of something that does exist (all following LS stories support this), and it is incredibly rare that Anet ever touches old content.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I've noticed after the core game, that most of the expansions seem to have more and more unskippable dialogue and scenes that you have to play through for EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER.  I understand that the developer put some work into the story, but we don't need to see it multiple times.   I would just prefer every one of these scenes to have a SKIP button.

Also some of these little episodes go on too long.  If you get disconnected or whatever, yeah it's a mess to have to play over from the beginning.  It doesn't help that the instructions/directions in-game is seriously lacking.  I don't believe the game's idea of immersion is supposed to be opening up a webpage aka wiki in order to figure out what you're supposed to do.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1