which ascended food do u use?

Hogwarts Zebra.8597

@knite.1542 said:

@RangerThings.9810 said:The roaming food I want is
fall damage reduction
. Being able to use cliffs to avoid impossible outnumbered situations
was
clutch.

Part of the reason this was removed from the game was not every profession has access. This would solve that.

I would take no other stat on the food for this functionality.

This would not be that useful with the whole gliding thing. I guess there would be some instances were it could save you though.

Unless... the fall reduction applied while on the warclaw as well.., there are times if you ‘smash your face’ into the cliff side, you can survive an otherwise fatal fall on the Warclaw. Highly helpful in enemy territory where gliding is disabled.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:Negative Duration food isn't super good by itself. The main thing it helps with are those short bursts of temporary conditions, such as weakness, chill, immobilize, fear, vulnerability, and so on. A lot of people don't know this, but there are tons of conditions out there that only have 1 or 2 second durations, so the negative duration food will have an impact almost immediately.

You can stack negative condition duration, sometimes to be quite high. For example, a Mirage with Renewing Oasis (-20%), Lemongrass Soup, (-20%), and Resistance Runes (-25%) can get a total of -65% condition duration. Cutting away almost 2/3rds of condition duration is quite substantial. All of those short bursts and nuisance condis will fall right off. This is... a trick that's only available to 3 classes at the moment (Ele, Mesmer, Ranger), but it is still worth considering.

Incidentally, Mesmer also has a negative stun duration on the Signet of Humility. A mirage with that signet, melandru runes, and a Bowl of Roasted Lotus Root could get themselves to -80% stun duration. I wonder if anyone has ever tried that.

% doesnt stack additively. It stacks multiplicatively. So 20%, 20%, 25% is (80%
80%
75%=48% final duration) ends up as a 52% reduction in condition duration.

You know, this is something I wonder about. I can't find listed on the wiki how negative duration bonuses work. I assume they worked additively because that is how positive duration bonuses work for condition duration, but if you have a source on this let us know.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/8kj9b1/question_about_stacking_condition_duration/

@Spartacus.3192 said:

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:Negative Duration food isn't super good by itself. The main thing it helps with are those short bursts of temporary conditions, such as weakness, chill, immobilize, fear, vulnerability, and so on. A lot of people don't know this, but there are tons of conditions out there that only have 1 or 2 second durations, so the negative duration food will have an impact almost immediately.

You can stack negative condition duration, sometimes to be quite high. For example, a Mirage with Renewing Oasis (-20%), Lemongrass Soup, (-20%), and Resistance Runes (-25%) can get a total of -65% condition duration. Cutting away almost 2/3rds of condition duration is quite substantial. All of those short bursts and nuisance condis will fall right off. This is... a trick that's only available to 3 classes at the moment (Ele, Mesmer, Ranger), but it is still worth considering.

Incidentally, Mesmer also has a negative stun duration on the Signet of Humility. A mirage with that signet, melandru runes, and a Bowl of Roasted Lotus Root could get themselves to -80% stun duration. I wonder if anyone has ever tried that.

80%

I think this isn't correct, that formula is used for damage calculations, but Boon and Condition Duration have always been additive. Any malus simply subtracts from the number shown in character window, which allows them to be capped.

To be honest, I will take whatever I see at spawn, mostly for the +10% WXPAs an individual person consuming the food, it is not very cost effective to place it just for yourself, compared to Canned food or whatever surplus you have from Halloween or Wintersday.If I had to chose one, I'd say -10% damage over -20% Condi duration and +100 Power over +45 Celestial

@Hannelore.8153 said:

80%

I think this isn't correct, that formula is used for damage calculations, but Boon and Condition Duration have always been additive. Any malus simply subtracts from the number shown in character window, which allows them to be capped.

I doubt it.They had to fix jalis -50% damage so it was multiplicative as well at some point because it was the first time it was possible to get 100% reduction.

@Hannelore.8153 said:

80%

See @"Virdo.1540" post above.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/home/leaving?target=https%3A%2F%2Famp.reddit.com%2Fr%2FGuildwars2%2Fcomments%2F8kj9b1%2Fquestion_about_stacking_condition_duration%2F

@"RisenHowl.2419" said:If you aren't crit capped there is a 0.5% difference in damage output between the 100pow/70fero food and celestial.

If you average 10,000 dps with +45, you'll average 10,050 with pow/fero. In exchange for that 50 dps you're giving up a lot of defensive free stats.

i agree. i think the celestial food is the best "value" food. When im dropping food i will drop cele food however on my server there is always free food being dropped by squads.

@Spartacus.3192 said:

@"RisenHowl.2419" said:If you aren't crit capped there is a 0.5% difference in damage output between the 100pow/70fero food and celestial.

If you average 10,000 dps with +45, you'll average 10,050 with pow/fero. In exchange for that 50 dps you're giving up a lot of defensive free stats.

i agree. i think the celestial food is the best "value" food. When im dropping food i will drop cele food however on my server there is always free food being dropped by squads.

i throw down 1 feast with +45/10% healing and another with +45/-10% damage. Anyone going for big deeps should be using their own on kill food imo :>

It really depends on crit cap. However, if your crit isn't capped, Power + ferocity doesn't seem to make much sense either since ferocity does nothing without critting. But since fury is generally expected, so 80% is more or less capped.

So Revs easily cap, while necros have that +50% crit in shroud ability, but that doesn't always happen. But with that in mind, that's probably why precision isn't as valued. Power Guardians would also cap crit with Radiance, but the DH variant would not.

With 2500 power, 50 power is like 2%. However, if you have might, this number is smaller. It would be 1.5% with 20 stacks of might, so a lot of this has to do with organization. But then again I guess it will not matter in most fights, since spikes tend to have tons of overkill.

In a pug group, where people can be running whatever, the Celestial Food makes most sense. Or Fire Salsa. :lol:

... I could've sworn that I had actually posted what I use in this thread. Anyway, I use the Power/Precision/Damage reduction food. My reason is that all of the WvW builds I currently play aren't crit capped, and I imagine the same holds true for most other people. I use the Damage Reduction variant, largely because my attention-deficit playstyle has me roaming a lot. Solo fights don't last as long as zergs, so there isn't enough time to really build up advantage from lifesteal or health regen.

That said, I think an argument can be made for the regen food, especially after the damage nerf. It isn't well known, but there's a breakpoint where the health regen outpaces the benefit that damage reduction would give. That is when you've regained more than 10% of your maximum health + heal skill. For example, if you have 15k health with a 5k heal, then the break point is at 2000/82 = 25 seconds. Now, 25 seconds seems like a long time, but pay attention to how long some of your fights have become. Heck, even while running around in groups or zerging pre-nerf, I was in fights that would last minutes at a time. If you're running around taking constant fire from enemies while in a squad, regen food could come to eclipse the benefit of damage reduction.

Though personally I never bothered with the celestial food. Giving out so many raw stats seems good, but in practice half of them aren't used in most builds or they don't amount to any significant change. I.E. getting 3% more boon duration never means anything, because a build is either built to be boon sufficient, or it isn't.

while i think using ascended food outside of organized groups is luxury, i think you should always have at least some of the normal food (just get the core stats of the good foods) and basic oils on. like, if you cannot afford any other, use the stuff that u can buy with badges of honor, the currency is anyways worth nothing in any other way. (older players have like 100k of them, and even i gathered over 20k... when i don't have eventfood to use, i use just that)

ideally, u can also have the utility and food primers activated, just i often have them stored in bank when ascended food gets dropped somewhere :P