What kind of skins do you like?

I love skins like Emberglow and Stoneshard Scepter Skin. The legendary scepter Xiuquatl also looks great! I like how they're huge compared to most skins of that weapon type. They look especially fitting on larger races like Norn or Charr! I like the long handle on the scepters, makes them kinda more menacing compared to the short ones. Swords as well.

The tiny ones are weird looking to me, or the ones with tiny handle and huge end part, those look ridiculous. Like Meteorlogicus. It's just so bulbous lol. Too much.

What kind of skins do you like in terms of overall size?

If (for the purposes of the question) Twin Sisters is considered small, Crystalline Blade is considered "base" or medium, and Heroic Dragonsblood Sword is considered large...

What sizes of weapons, compared to their "normal size" do you like most?Or do you not care at all as long as the skin looks good?

@"Sobx.1758" said:If I like a skin, it's because it looks good and not because it has x size :D

Yes i know, but the question was, within those you consider good, which ones do you maybe like better? Like, which one looks more optically pleasing and balanced? :smile:To me, the larger skins tend to look more balanced, especially on a charr. That's partly because of the charr size of course.

And now i realize i forgot the 4th "no preference" option. :sweat_smile:

@"Ashen.2907" said:I like skins that are close to realistic. Twin sisters is unbelievably big. Way too big.

Yeah the proportions on that are horrid haha. :tongue: But it used it as an example for "small" weapons because it's very short compared to other swords. Same would go for like Princess Wand as opposed to Emberglow. Princess wand is very short and small compared to the big Emberglow skin. :smile:

If we go by most swords skins, since half of the blade (at least) is covered by the massive hilt (especially on greatswords) we can only wonder if the commander uses the blade to cut the enemies or if they simply pummel them to death with the hilt. I don't like swords anyway, but the only "realistic" skins are the basic skins like the bronze sword and co.

@anninke.7469 said:But the Twin Sisters are not that. As for swords, Ancient Boreal Sword is currently one of my favourites. And then stuff like Claw of Execution or Privateer Wand.

Yeah, probably not the best example but i hope people get the gist of it. :wink:

@"Yggranya.5201" said:If we go by most swords skins, since half of the blade (at least) is covered by the massive hilt (especially on greatswords) we can only wonder if the commander uses the blade to cut the enemies or if they simply pummel them to death with the hilt. I don't like swords anyway, but the only "realistic" skins are the basic skins like the bronze sword and co.

What about other weapons? That scepter i linked is probably as big as a staff, i think that's cool. :smile:Other people might perfer smaller ones like @anninke.7469 .

Skins are a very personal taste indeed. The weapon skins I like best in the whole game are the Fossilized Insect skins that you can earn in Dry Top. I love the idea of each weapon having a unique Insect trapped in Barnstone somewhere in the weapon. I like Geology and Paleontology, the insects are well visible, and they have unique names too. I like them better then all of my Legendary weapons, exept Verdarach, that horn is way cool and so over the top. :)

As for the vote, I would vote for both Medium and Large, I think truly small weapons are simply not visible enough. I could see how a roleplayer would beg to differ on this.

I don't think about the size, I just consider whether it suits one or more of my characters, with the main factors being the colour scheme and the effects. Usually I have a specific character who needs a new skin for something so I preview them using that character and pick the one I think looks best.

The only time size came into it was when choosing a greatsword for my asuran guardian because the basis of that character was 'maybe I'd find guardian less boring if it was a tiny girl with a huge sword holding off all the enemies' and even then I ended up getting her Eclipse instead of the Pact Avenger which is bigger but does fit her colour scheme as well.

(And yes it is absurd that the hilt, or rather the crossguard, is about 1/2 the length of the blade and between that and the feathering on the blade itself the usable section is relatively small. But I didn't choose this one for realism.)

It depends on the character race I am playing I think. I like super oversized great swords on Asuran but prefer more median GS on Sylvari. I don’t care about daggers on Asuran but will go with larger scaled daggers on Sylvari (as they are actually easier to see).

That said, I do not display my weapons outside of combat. I found holstered weapons tend to clip like mad and ruin the rest of my appearance.

I also didn’t select a choice as option 4: no preference would be my choice.

@Mungo Zen.9364 said:I also didn’t select a choice as option 4: no preference would be my choice.

Yeah, i forgot to add that and you can't edit polls sadly... Oh well...Though, right now there seems to be mostly either Medium or no preference votes looking from the forum.

@Ashantara.8731 said:I simply loathe the oversized weapon skins. :angry: They look dumb and childish, like out of a bad comic book or like one is trying to compensate for something.

Some of them can be a bit comical right? :smile:Yet, use them on a Charr, and they seem to fit perfectly haha.Depends on the race.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:Animated skins that put them outside the norm of what you would normally find in their category. Rotating focus skins are pretty neat. Shoulders being effect placeholders.

There needs to be more of this sort of thing. New backpieces also need to stop being limited to capes.

The physicis ones like chains and staves with something hanging off them that dangle around depending on what your character is doing are also cool to me!

@"Danikat.8537" said:I don't think about the size, I just consider whether it suits one or more of my characters, with the main factors being the colour scheme and the effects. Usually I have a specific character who needs a new skin for something so I preview them using that character and pick the one I think looks best.

The only time size came into it was when choosing a greatsword for my asuran guardian because the basis of that character was 'maybe I'd find guardian less boring if it was a tiny girl with a huge sword holding off all the enemies' and even then I ended up getting her Eclipse instead of the Pact Avenger which is bigger but does fit her colour scheme as well.

(And yes it is absurd that the hilt, or rather the crossguard, is about 1/2 the length of the blade and between that and the feathering on the blade itself the usable section is relatively small. But I didn't choose this one for realism.)

Sometimes i do that as well for my characters. But some of the skins that fit 100% on the look i'm going for end up being comically small in the hands of a Charr or a Norn. :tongue:

@"The Fear.3865" said:Most of weapons are too small to be seen imo. Especially on asura, standard axes looks like a spoon.

Most weapons look very small on Asuras don't they? You can hardly see them even if you're playing them, let alone seeing one wield it.Maybe they should scale all models uniformly a bit better? Cause they're obviously just scaled down models from the "standard" model. Maybe they can make them bigger without much effort, who knows.

@"Fueki.4753" said:Since you refer to the Twin Sisters as small, I'm definitely in the small category. But to me that's more of a medium sized sword.That said, there aren't any good-looking proper-sized sword skins so I'm basically forced to use the chunky ones.

Yeah i already said that was a bad example haha. :tongue:A better example of "small" weapons, especially swords would be Iron Legion Combat Blade or Resonator.

The size is not what matters...

Ahem.

For me, I prefer more realistic looking skins that, but I don't mind some shine to them. Things like the Vigil Greatsword I hate, but Gallant Greatsword? Hell yeah, give me that skin.

Things like the Aureate, Krytan, Seraph weapons, and Hero weapons are more of my jam. Gate of Goodbyes is one of my favorite shield skins.

I feel the same about armor sets. Realistic, but detailed, and with only a few particle/glowing parts as accents.

Regardless of size. I love skins that are pretty.

Some of my favorite skins: Bloodstone Rifle Skin, Merciless Mace Skin, Cavalier Greatsword Skin, Endless Ocean Axe Skin, Devoted Hammer Skin, Glacial Sword Skin, Equinox Shield Skin, Orchestral Staff Skin, Favor of the Colossus, Lord Caudecus's Sword Skin and many more.

Most of them are small~medium so it's anything but large I guess?

Honorable mention: Privateer Scepter Skin was my favorite scepter skin (makes me feel like some witch straight from some fantasy world) before Aurous Wand Scepter Skin and Cerulean Wand Scepter Skin become available.