Skins for minions yes plz

Aad.4719

They should hire more Program Managers to provide the right direction for the dev teams, as a lot of the top player requests would be low-effort and wildly profitable. It is a shame to see ArenaNet going through layoffs when all they ever had to do was listen to their customers.

Examples of top-requests that have been ignored/refused for no good reason.

• Skins for summons
  • Race change items
  • Unlimited shared inventory slots

This is my idea for Necromancer pets that would require almost no effort on the part of ArenaNet.

Palawa Joko's Minion Pack - 2000 Gems"Necromancer minion skins are replaced with awakened variants. Praise Joko! This will change the appearance of your Necromancer minions and unlock these skins for all Necromancer characters on your account. The corresponding skills must be unlocked before the minion skins can be applied."

This pack contains the following items:

• Blood Fiend skin becomes Awakened Occultist.339px-Awakened_Occultist.jpg

• Bone Fiend skin becomes Awakened Archer.344px-Awakened_Archer.jpg

• Bone Minions skin becomes Awakened Mummy.417px-Awakened_Mummy.jpg

• Shadow Fiend skin becomes Awakened Canid.350px-Awakened_Canid.jpg

• Flesh Golem skin becomes Awakened Commander.322px-Awakened_Soldier.jpg

• Flesh Wurm skin becomes Awakened Catapult.480px-Awakened_Catapult.jpg

Tons of other zero-effort skins to choose from if the above pairings seem off...

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Awakened

This would go nicely with other "Awakened" skin packs, such as the Awakened Mounts Pack.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Awakened_Mounts_Pack

• Like 1

good idea, and opens the door for lots of things to sell, like maybe they could sell "theme packs" for other professions,like a Ritualist pack for Renegade which turns the renegade summons into ritualist spirits.or a "frost mage" pack for elementalist which makes all of the fire, earth and air spells of a particular weapon (probably staff) look frosty(like Meteor Shower will look like Frost Storm and Fireball will hurl a big ice spike.)

• Like 1

@iynk.9053 said:They should hire more Program Managers to provide the right direction for the dev teams, as a lot of the top player requests would be low-effort and wildly profitable. It is a shame to see ArenaNet going through layoffs when all they ever had to do was listen to their customers.

The lay offs were for projects unrelated to GW2.I think we would all like to see them hire more staff across the board, but when many scream and whine about wanting things in-game for free it's difficult to pay for additional staff when there is no additional income. People should buy gems with real cash. A lot of gems. Even more than a lot. Anet would greatly appreciate the cash.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@iynk.9053 said:They should hire more Program Managers to provide the right direction for the dev teams, as a lot of the top player requests would be low-effort and wildly profitable. It is a shame to see ArenaNet going through layoffs when all they ever had to do was listen to their customers.

The lay offs were for projects unrelated to GW2.I think we would all like to see them hire more staff across the board, but when many scream and whine about wanting things in-game for free it's difficult to pay for additional staff when there is no additional income. People should buy gems with real cash. A lot of gems. Even more than a lot. Anet would greatly appreciate the cash.

you can't earn when you don't pay, if they hire ppl to make the minion skins it would actually make income.

@sorudo.9054 said:

you can't earn when you don't pay, if they hire ppl to make the minion skins it would actually make income.

Have you run a business? In the US, you have to pay for things other than salaries, and you would be paying for that on day one before any work would even begin on these skins. You also seem to assume that these skins would make a LOT of money. If they were placed in the gem store for 800 gems (or 1200), how many players would actually pay cash for gems to buy them rather than simply convert gold -> gems? That conversion brings in no capital.

It would take more than making a few skins to afford extra employees to do that work.

My earlier point was that players should purchase a LOT more gems with cash to infuse the company with capital. Then, Anet might have the resources to hire additional staff.

@kharmin.7683 said:

Have you run a business? In the US, you have to pay for things other than salaries, and you would be paying for that on day one before any work would even begin on these skins. You also seem to assume that these skins would make a LOT of money. If they were placed in the gem store for 800 gems (or 1200), how many players would actually pay cash for gems to buy them rather than simply convert gold -> gems? That conversion brings in no capital.

It would take more than making a few skins to afford extra employees to do that work.

My earlier point was that players should purchase a LOT more gems with cash to infuse the company with capital. Then, Anet might have the resources to hire additional staff.

i am running my own part of a shop, i know exactly how a business works since i am running one.also, if there is nothing but the same being added to the store ppl are less likely to buy anything, new stuff lures in new and returning customers but you need to invest before anything happens.

@sorudo.9054 said:

i am running my own part of a shop, i know exactly how a business works since i am running one.Ok, cool!also, if there is nothing but the same being added to the store ppl are less likely to buy anything, new stuff lures in new and returning customers but you need to invest before anything happens.That's my point. However, in order to invest you need capital first. I suppose you could take out a business loan for the capital, but I really don't see Anet asking NCSoft for more money.

@kharmin.7683 said:

i am running my own part of a shop, i know exactly how a business works since i am running one.Ok, cool!also, if there is nothing but the same being added to the store ppl are less likely to buy anything, new stuff lures in new and returning customers but you need to invest before anything happens.That's my point. However, in order to invest you need capital first. I suppose you could take out a business loan for the capital, but I really don't see Anet asking NCSoft for more money.

they did have a lay-off run so if things went well they actually saved allot of income, less employees and such.

@sorudo.9054 said:

they did have a lay-off run so if things went well they actually saved allot of income, less employees and such.

Again, the layoffs had nothing to do with GW2.

@kharmin.7683 said:

but it does have to do with Anet which directly affects GW2.

@sorudo.9054 said:

but it does have to do with Anet which directly affects GW2.

The layoffs were...allegedly for a project unrelated to GW2, Anet was supposedly trying to branch out.

Summons are not at all niche or unique to a single profession, and skins should be made available for all summons (elementals, turrets, spirit weapons, etc.) provided there is significant interest from the player base.

This is the game for whatever cosmetic effects players will buy in Gem Store.

@iynk.9053 said:Summons are not at all niche or unique to a single profession, and skins should be made available for all summons (elementals, turrets, spirit weapons, etc.) provided there is significant interest from the player base.

This is the game for whatever cosmetic effects players will buy in Gem Store.

Weapons aren't available for every profession either and they make money at that? How is this different?

@"iynk.9053" said:Examples of top-requests that have been ignored/refused for no good reason.

• Skins for summons
  • Race change items
  • Unlimited shared inventory slots

Perhaps "for no adequately explained reason", but there was a reason, and it wasn't just "because we want to spite you".

Example: Race change in GW2 is a major problem, just like sex change is in SWTOR (but sex change is no problem in GW2, while species change is no problem in SWTOR), and in both cases, it's because the character's unchangeable characteristic is baked into the flow of the story somewhere. Yes, race change could be restricted to characters who've finished the Personal Story (where most of the pain is), but there's still room for oddities even then (what exactly should the My Story part of the Hero panel show afterwards?).

Also, don't forget the small point that no matter how many people (code developers, story writers, voice actors, graphic artists, testers, etc.) they hire, they still have a limited amount of game-development resources available, so they have to pick and choose which things they develop. That's almost as good a reason to not build X as "it's very difficult or very laborious(1) to do", and definitely better than "because we want to spite you".

Tons of other zero-effort skins to choose from if the above pairings seem off...

I think you have hugely underestimated the amount of work required. Sure, the appearance models exist already, but they probably don't have suitable attack animations for the different skills that minions have, for example. Overall, even if all it took was that one member of staff rubs her nose and bewitches the thing into existence, that's not zero effort.

(1) the two distinct meanings that hide behind someone saying that X is hard to do. It might be genuinely difficult, or it might merely be a lot of work ("laborious").