Pvp 2021.

Nightcore.5621

Players that dont do TOURNAMENTS and have spend thousands of hours in ranked need something to work forward to. I suggest that you add these Crowns / Gizmos to a vendor that sells them for maby 10000 Ascended Shards of Glory or whatever. I really enjoy the gamemode but the motivation to play it when there nothing long time goal to work forward to really makes it hard sometimes.

@Nightcore.5621 said:Players that dont do TOURNAMENTS and have spend thousands of hours in ranked need something to work forward to. I suggest that you add these Crowns / Gizmos to a vendor that sells them for maby 10000 Ascended Shards of Glory or whatever. I really enjoy the gamemode but the motivation to play it when there nothing long time goal to work forward to really makes it hard sometimes.

if you dont wanna play pvp then dont play it. gizmos should remain for mat only.pvp makes you plenty of gold and, dungeon skins, clovers ascended gear. there is no need for more.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Nightcore.5621 said:Players that dont do TOURNAMENTS and have spend thousands of hours in ranked need something to work forward to. I suggest that you add these Crowns / Gizmos to a vendor that sells them for maby 10000 Ascended Shards of Glory or whatever. I really enjoy the gamemode but the motivation to play it when there nothing long time goal to work forward to really makes it hard sometimes.

if you dont wanna play pvp then dont play it. gizmos should remain for mat only.pvp makes you plenty of gold and, dungeon skins, clovers ascended gear. there is no need for more.

Why so aggressive? And the No hat on?

Anyway something needs to change in pvp less and less play the gamemode. I got 9.3k haours in pvp and something Nice added to the players that have alot time invested can get something Nice for it i don't think that is to much to ask for.

@Nightcore.5621 said:

Anyway something needs to change in pvp less and less play the gamemode. I got 9.3k haours in pvp and something Nice added to the players that have alot time invested can get something Nice for it i don't think that is to much to ask for.

Because if you are not motivated to get a team and trs to win mat than you are not qualified for gizmos

@Avatar.3568 said:

Because if you are not motivated to get a team and trs to win mat than you are not qualified for gizmos

Even getting a team and practicing a good amount what are really the chances.

I mean in NA how many ppl that were not carried by team USA got gizmos last 12 months.

I mean they lost twice right so max 20 ppl if team USA carried 1 guy each time they won

Im in favor of degatekeep the mode, not the way he is suggesting maybe

Goal is to get the title

@Filip.7463 said:

Goal is to get the title

So many titles this game there titles for anything you do kinda boring.

@Nightcore.5621 said:

gizmos are a MARK of a monthly winner, its like giving a race medal to everyone who participated in race enough times, it diminishes value of a mat winner, however little it means. as for pvp itself, lack of rewards is NOT a reason why people play it less and less. as for rewards as I said before, there are plenty already.skins, gold,ascended gear and clovers.

@Nightcore.5621 said:

Goal is to get the title

So many titles this game there titles for anything you do kinda boring.

Pvp titles are hardest to get.Anyways, pvpers dont really carry about gizmos - thats pve thingy

@Nightcore.5621 said:

@Crackers.9628 said:This might sound strange, but the main reason to play games is to have fun. My dog gets rewarded for doing something, I do it for the fun of it.

But if the main reason to play is to have fun why cant we say the same for tourney and than remove the gizmos?

Because it's a tournament and this is the price, it's about competition not about grinding

@Grimjack.8130 said:i wanted a gizmo, and i grinded it out til i got one, now i have 4. why cant anyone else in this thread do the same? :)

@tacoclaw.8251 said:I would love to find a group of novice players to train with and try a tournament. But I can't imagine there are four other players left in all the GW2 community who would walk into that buzz saw with me. It's a closed and dying club from what I can tell.

Just My words

The whole mAT is a meme because of the reward exclusivity instead of having tiers, Gizmo's should have been available for the longest time to people that are actually decent at the game and reached the tops but don't want to lose sleep over it. Champions have the Title to flail around which is uniform unlike Gizmo's having a monthly definition. The logic behind it is so backwards.

Pretty sure more people would care if there was a motive to play other than for winning exclusively when you know what the Fotm's will be, you have players with no identities at all other than their inflated ego's. What happened to Gold, Silver and Bronze rewards? Guess there's no such thing even though Anet biggest focus has always been to reward players no matter what, as said. Backwards.

Finally, Best of the Best? Doesn't sound like a mAT champion, it's more like an edgy kid thing rather than implying you were the champion of anything like God of Conquest. Easier to meme on when you're definitely no different than everyone else too.

@Shao.7236 said:The whole mAT is a meme because of the reward exclusivity instead of having tiers, Gizmo's should have been available for the longest time to people that are actually decent at the game and reached the tops but don't want to lose sleep over it. Champions have the Title to flail around which is uniform unlike Gizmo's having a monthly definition. The logic behind it is so backwards.

Pretty sure more people would care if there was a motive to play other than for winning exclusively when you know what the Fotm's will be, you have players with no identities at all other than their inflated ego's. What happened to Gold, Silver and Bronze rewards? Guess there's no such thing even though Anet biggest focus has always been to reward players no matter what, as said. Backwards.

Finally, Best of the Best? Doesn't sound like a mAT champion, it's more like an edgy kid thing rather than implying you were the champion of anything like God of Conquest. Easier to meme on when you're definitely no different than everyone else too.

You so right

@Shao.7236 said:The whole mAT is a meme because of the reward exclusivity instead of having tiers, Gizmo's should have been available for the longest time to people that are actually decent at the game and reached the tops but don't want to lose sleep over it. Champions have the Title to flail around which is uniform unlike Gizmo's having a monthly definition. The logic behind it is so backwards.

Finally, Best of the Best? Doesn't sound like a mAT champion, it's more like an edgy kid thing rather than implying you were the champion of anything like God of Conquest. Easier to meme on when you're definitely no different than everyone else too.Great points also to add to the pile, all of my enthusiasm about it poofed out of existence when the first MAT got sold.

Honestly the titles/gizmos are kind of a joke in the current state of pvp. Gizmos are rewards for being friends with one of the top teams, and high rank titles are often just the result of metagaming the poor ranked system or taking advantage of overtuned builds from one season. Its all just elitism and ego boosting in a game with barely any competition.

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:Honestly the titles/gizmos are kind of a joke in the current state of pvp. Gizmos are rewards for being friends with one of the top teams, and high rank titles are often just the result of metagaming the poor ranked system or taking advantage of overtuned builds from one season. Its all just elitism and ego boosting in a game with barely any competition.

You basically spilled the beans for me, because I had way more to tell but it felt like an useless attempt to state how unfun it is currently because of said reasons. + I can't never play mATs because of my shifts so it's not like I have the most experience with that specifically but I've done and won AT's, with that alone I can already tell that it only created a circle of bad influence in my experience of whom I faced prior.

To think that to have God of WvW all you need is to grind and be efficient, yeah. PvP is definitely lack luster and more exploitable, you can't do anything alone that's meaningful either, I've got all the possible rewards that doesn't involve teamwork, just having a decent ability to play the game and they all suck as bragging rights or general looks.

My point being though, even if you're a good player. You're not getting anywhere without anyone else and that sucks really.

Feels bad to get Vouchers you can't spend in any meaningful way. PvP has little to no respect to it's players other than the cheesiest of all.

@tacoclaw.8251 said:I would love to find a group of novice players to train with and try a tournament. But I can't imagine there are four other players left in all the GW2 community who would walk into that buzz saw with me. It's a closed and dying club from what I can tell.

You will need 8 years playing this game to MAYBE get the skill of the teams that are there winning.