Tengu could be a useable races on EOD

Dear people, if you don't want to play a Tengu, just don't. No one is gonna force you to. It's just an race option. We just want to have fun with out bird-people.Personally, I don't like charr, but I don't go around asking for them to be removed, or complaining about their existence or something. I just don't play one. Same goes for Tengu.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Jozuan.5871 said:Dear people, if you don't want to play a Tengu, just don't. No one is gonna force you to. It's just an race option. We just want to have fun with out bird-people.Personally, I don't like charr, but I don't go around asking for them to be removed, or complaining about their existence or something. I just don't play one. Same goes for Tengu.

Except it would take resources that people not wanting to play tengu would like to go to something else they would enjoy.The game came with other races from the start so why should any of them be removed nothing is gained from that you cant get those resource wasted on that back.I bet if people had a choice we prob only would have had humans instead of all the other races (since majority rules) but here we are.

@theoneparttwo.9561 said:No. Non. Nope. Nein. Nyet. Never. Nuh-uh.

There are a million and a half reasons why it won't happen, and continuing to beat that dead horse is likely what led us to having that malformed Pegasus skin for the Griffon. The devs used a group of necromancers to reanimate the desecrated corpse of said dead horse and sold it in the gem shop. Please, for the sake of the malformed Pegasus, just stop already with these posts! ( :tongue: )

Love your intro, but I would love Tengu race added to the game too. If they don't add Tengu, they would miss a great opportunity to add them.

They really do need to redo the Pegasus Skin. That is atrocious. That's the equivalent of someone purposely messing up an order because they don't want to cook. I can understand not wanting to have Equidae in their world, but if they were going to do something like that, it'd been better not to do anything at all. Now I want them to do better.

@Balsa.3951 said:I explain for everyone who want tengu

Anet is a company who need think about cost of production in relation to how much money they can get from it.

here the workload to implement tengu

All dialogues need be recorded with a tengu voiceAll armors in game need be redesigned to fit tengu body shapesAll animations need be customized to fit a tengu bodyA new personal story need be designed with multiply choicesA new home instance need be made for tengus and a new starter zoneThe creation screen need 2 new models for your choice added. A full customize template with various faces and body shapes and hair styles need be built.Dialogue Animation scenes need to be redone to fit tengu u know the kind of u have in ther personal story when talk to an npc.

Here are the wins for anetHappy Bird lover(who probaply buy the xpac with or without tengu)

It's worth it!! ??This arguement to me is like a person that argues not to have a family, because they cost money. It's about quality of life maaaan!

@Obtena.7952 said:

There are a million and a half reasons why it won't happen, and continuing to beat that dead horse is likely what led us to having that malformed Pegasus skin for the Griffon. The devs used a group of necromancers to reanimate the desecrated corpse of said dead horse and sold it in the gem shop. Please, for the sake of the malformed Pegasus, just stop already with these posts! ( :tongue: )

Once upon a time these forums were filled with posts that said there would never be mounts and to stop flogging a dead horse asking for them... I guess you were not around then...

Except mounts didn't requires Anet to rework
all
their available armor skins to implement ... a new race like Tengu most likely does. Considering how LITTLE value adding a new race to the game actually has ... it's very likely you won't see it being playable.

So what are you gonna say if they add it to the game? I'm just curious.

@VocalThought.9835 said:

Once upon a time these forums were filled with posts that said there would never be mounts and to stop flogging a dead horse asking for them... I guess you were not around then...

all
their available armor skins to implement ... a new race like Tengu most likely does. Considering how LITTLE value adding a new race to the game actually has ... it's very likely you won't see it being playable.

I probably won't be around if they do ... a company that adds such low value content to a game over something more meaningful doesn't deserve my patronage or anyone else's.

@VocalThought.9835 said:

all

It was answered before in thread.

Why did you waste resources on this?

@Linken.6345 said:

all

It was answered before in thread.

Why did you waste resources on this?

I missed it?

@Obtena.7952 said:

all

I probably won't be around if they do ... a company that adds such low value content to a game over something more meaningful doesn't deserve my patronage or anyone else's.

I feel ya! Every man's trash is another man's treasure. I think this would be worth it to so many people. Sorry that you'd leave if they add it.

Would be okay. As long as they did also a few other new races for people that like other ones more than Tengu. Only Tengu and no other race ... would be a bad move. Largos would be pretty interesting.

Though I guess the best move would be to make them prominent NPC races in the upcoming story. (Like Hylek and stuff in the HoT story.) That would save them the work to make changes to armor. (Maybe just using the same model as for Charr won't work that easy without problems?) Still giving them lots of importance.

Considering the "voice/dialogue of Tengu", I find it impossible for Anet to add Tengu dialogue to all past content. If, still an IF btw, Tengu, or any other new race, is added to the game, it will have to "start" at the point it's added. Especially considering the living world, which so far has been fire and forget, when was the last time they added/changed something to old living world episodes? Nerfing amazing farms doesn't count. So I find it impossible for Anet to go back to past living world episodes (or even expansions) and record voice lines for Tengu. This isn't like adding a new profession, adding the Revenant made no sense lore-wise, as the "first Revenant" was supposed to be Rytlock, after he entered the Mists. But at least that wasn't a big development problem, as adding all the dialogues would certainly be.

If Tengu are added to the game, their story will begin with the content they are added in. This includes voice lines, and probably armor sets too.

Several people have suggested to skip most or all of the previous story with Tengu.

However, this does not work. The PC's bond with Aurene is crucial to the plot and very unique. Without that, how can Tengu get the same plot moving forward as the older characters?And in order to have this bond, we need to have at least LS2 and everything that followed as canon for the character.Having a generic Commander character die and be replaced by the Tengu PC would not be the same, so going forward, this Tengu would have to have a different story, even after their introduction.

This, plus the 6 new voice actors needed for all future content. Phew. All that just for a bit of cosmetics? I don't think it's worth it.

@"Fenella.2634" said:Several people have suggested to skip most or all of the previous story with Tengu.

However, this does not work. The PC's bond with Aurene is crucial to the plot and very unique. Without that, how can Tengu get the same plot moving forward as the older characters?And in order to have this bond, we need to have at least LS2 and everything that followed as canon for the character.Having a generic Commander character die and be replaced by the Tengu PC would not be the same, so going forward, this Tengu would have to have a different story, even after their introduction.

This, plus the 6 new voice actors needed for all future content. Phew. All that just for a bit of cosmetics? I don't think it's worth it.

Not necessarily. The tengu race can start in Cantha which I'm sure with basic knowledge everyone knows that Cantha had no communication with the other races and our side of the world. So the Tengu starting in Cantha would be a "for now" if they wanted to end up doing voice lines for the previous living stories. However, I don't really see any issue when it comes to voice lines and the plot if they just started in either the Domain of the Winds/Cantha. Also, what's to say if they didn't want to have a bond with Aurene and ended up having one with the Deep Sea Dragon over in Cantha?

Again, I don't think the tengus will be added, but I'm still neutral and not going to rule things out just because of assumptions.

@"maddoctor.2738" said:This isn't like adding a new profession, adding the Revenant made no sense lore-wise, as the "first Revenant" was supposed to be Rytlock, after he entered the Mists. But at least that wasn't a big development problem, as adding all the dialogues would certainly be.

If Tengu are added to the game, their story will begin with the content they are added in. This includes voice lines, and probably armor sets too.

100% agree with this.If the Tengu were to let's say start in the Cantha, they're story can revolve around whats happening in Cantha which is what the rest of us will have to deal with when we get there. The deep sea dragon and then they can perhaps have us visit the capital city of the Doman of the Winds. Tengu don't necessarily have to have some sort of relationship with Aurene and not every Tengu knows about her since majority of them kept to themselves or some tribes are in the Cantha region. So whats to say that some tengu allied themselves with the deep sea dragon. :)

@Tseison.4659 said:

@"Fenella.2634" said:Several people have suggested to skip most or all of the previous story with Tengu.

Not necessarily. The tengu race can start in Cantha which I'm sure with basic knowledge everyone knows that Cantha had no communication with the other races and our side of the world. So the Tengu starting in Cantha would be a "for now" if they wanted to end up doing voice lines for the previous living stories. However, I don't really see any issue when it comes to voice lines and the plot if they just started in either the Domain of the Winds/Cantha. Also, what's to say if they didn't want to have a bond with Aurene and ended up having one with the Deep Sea Dragon over in Cantha?

Again, I don't think the tengus will be added, but I'm still neutral and not going to rule things out just because of assumptions.Sorry if I misunderstood you, but in this scenario Cantha would be only playable for Tengu characters? Anyone wanting to play on their old asura would be left out?Or it would have to be two completely different stories, one for the old characters and one for the tengu.

And then, what do we do with LS6? The tengu is bonded to DSD and the rest to Aurene, separate stories forever? Or will the tengu not be playable in story content after that?

Again, I don't think the tengus will be added, but I'm still neutral and not going to rule things out just because of assumptions.Sorry if I misunderstood you, but in this scenario Cantha would be only playable for Tengu characters? Anyone wanting to play on their old asura would be left out?Or it would have to be two completely different stories, one for the old characters and one for the tengu.

And then, what do we do with LS6? The tengu is bonded to DSD and the rest to Aurene, separate stories forever? Or will the tengu not be playable in story content after that?

We're going to Cantha this year so how am I saying Cantha is only accessible to only Tengu? Everyone will have the Guild Wars 2 game by now and no ones saying other races will be left out when as I said again, we're all going to Cantha with our current characters.

Essentially it's like what WoW did with their new races. In this case, getting to make/play a Tengu requires an already level 80 char or completion of the previous living story (Zhaitan etc..) which I'm sure everyone has done and then you get to make a Tengu in their starting zone being in Cantha or for those who want to explore old content, the Domain of the Winds. Their starting story would revolve around Cantha and the DSD and then they can explore the other story with Aurene if/when Anet decides to do the audio/visuals for that.

I don't see what the big kitten issue is with Tengu not having an as strong relationship with Aurene. Aurene isn't everyone's messiah...

@Luthan.5236 said:Would be okay. As long as they did also a few other new races for people that like other ones more than Tengu. Only Tengu and no other race ... would be a bad move. Largos would be pretty interesting.

Though I guess the best move would be to make them prominent NPC races in the upcoming story. (Like Hylek and stuff in the HoT story.) That would save them the work to make changes to armor. (Maybe just using the same model as for Charr won't work that easy without problems?) Still giving them lots of importance.

This is even LESS likely than getting one new race. I don't understand where people get the idea a new race would be 'interesting' ... like interesting how? All the races play exactly like all the other races. What is the 'interesting' part of Anet introing a new race?

@"Obtena.7952" said:This is even LESS likely than getting one new race. I don't understand where people get the idea a new race would be 'interesting' ... like interesting how? All the races play exactly like all the other races. What is the 'interesting' part of Anet introing a new race?

I mean, it adds to the somewhat diversity in the game, even though a high percentage of the player base plays as Humans shrugs. Yeah it might not "add" something to the game but neither does having Aurene around when all she does is sit in the EotN or when she does help, it's a minor cameo appearance lol. Same goes with Masteries, I still have yet to understand what they were going for with that but it's still added and they continue to add more. But with that said, I'm not picking sides and by the looks of the time they'll have to give us EoD and factoring in Covid, I doubt we'll get Tengu. Nonetheless, I'd be very surprised if they added them in.

@Tseison.4659 said:

@"Obtena.7952" said:This is even LESS likely than getting
one
new race. I don't understand where people get the idea a new race would be 'interesting' ... like interesting how? All the races play exactly like all the other races. What is the 'interesting' part of Anet introing a new race?

I mean, it adds to the somewhat diversity in the game, even though a high percentage of the player base plays as Humans
shrugs
. Yeah it might not "add" something to the game but neither does having Aurene around when all she does is sit in the EotN or when she does help, it's a minor cameo appearance lol. Same goes with Masteries, I still have yet to understand what they were going for with that but it's still added and they continue to add more. But with that said, I'm not picking sides and by the looks of the time they'll have to give us EoD and factoring in Covid, I doubt we'll get Tengu. Nonetheless, I'd be very surprised if they added them in.

No it doesn't ... there is one thing this game DOESN'T lack is visual diversity. That's my problem with this idea ... does the 'interest' a new race adds to the game justify it's implementation over other developments? Not a chance ... this is why I would not patronize Anet if they made the decision to introduce a new race. It's already likely they are strained on resources ... they just don't have the bandwidth to experiment with questionably invaluable content in an expansion.

@Tseison.4659 said:then you get to make a Tengu in their starting zone being in Cantha or for those who want to explore old content, the Domain of the Winds. Their starting story would revolve around Cantha and the DSD and then they can explore the other story with Aurene if/when Anet decides to do the audio/visuals for that.

I don't see what the big kitten issue is with Tengu not having an as strong relationship with Aurene. Aurene isn't everyone's messiah...Well, that's basically two separate stories, then. One for the tengu character, one for the rest.The personal story tried that and gave up on it halfway through. Since then, every PC has to have the same story. It's basically all one character, regardless of race, gender and profession. You cannot have one PC have a completely different relationship to one of the main characters, compared to all the other PCs. That does not work here.

I don't know how WoW deals with it in detail, but I suspect they don't have their PCs stand out as much as GW2 does with their Commander and Aurene's Champion figure. This kind of character can't be randomly replaced anymore. It's just not Adventurer#22148 anymore.

Also, as mentioned, 6 additional voice actors would have to be given contracts for as long as voiced story will be produced.

@Fenella.2634 said:Several people have suggested to skip most or all of the previous story with Tengu.

Hey, if i could choose to not be the chosen pet of aurene, i would be all for it. Really, being a side character could be an improvement to the story. But then anet would have to make two stories. Still, saving the planet, again, when aurene could do it better and faster (immortal, stronger being alive) means the commander is redundant anyway.

@Yggranya.5201 said:Hey, if i could choose to not be the chosen pet of aurene, i would be all for it. Really, being a side character could be an improvement to the story.Totally agree, but I doubt we have a choice. :) The story being as it is, if tengu were to be included, that is something that has to be considered.The whole Pact story could maybe be skipped, but the story from LS2 onward still has very important influences on current plots and relationships.

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@Fenella.2634 said:Several people have suggested to skip most or all of the previous story with Tengu.

Hey, if i could choose to not be the chosen pet of aurene, i would be all for it. Really, being a side character could be an improvement to the story. But then anet would have to make two stories. Still, saving the planet, again, when aurene could do it better and faster (immortal, stronger being alive) means the commander is redundant anyway.

So you want to go back to core story telling were you were the second in command and treherene took all the glory?Alot of people hated that hence why he is not around anymore.