DH isn’t the problem

Disney.7826

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:Guards spinny sword of fire is better at cleaving than a zerker ele's fgs.

This is straight up a lie.

I have videos to show otherwise...do you want force me to upload videos on youtubes after processing them and prove you wrong?
  • a single sword of justice summon can down a light/medium golem on its own
  • You need a full FGS rotation to down a medium golem...and we're talking about an elite

a single cast of SoJ bring a heavy golem down to half health

Lmao yet a squishy bursty rogue class sets up a fully booned back stab on a heavy golem and wastes half his resources for stealth and has to hit from behind and knocks of like 12% of the heavy golems hp in one back stab. Gj anet gj.

a backstab crit does way more than 12%also, read the 2nd half of my statement

Crit yeah lol, go in the mist with a cs/trick/dd zerk/divinity rune and steal backstab the heavy golem 6 times and I'll bet 4 out of 6 land 3k on it, what percentage is 3.4k?

backstab is not 3k -- most players will not have 22k health, nor 2600 armorin actual games backstab consistently lands 4-5k

and ur missing the point. skills like backstab do massive burst INSTANTLY, with minimal counterplay (u cannot see someone backstabbing u)sword of justice has a MASSIVE SPINNING SWORD animation. if ur consistently taking all 4 hits of SoJ AND failing to manage your cleanse, that is a l2p issue--u would've died to any other class/build

@Math.5123 said:

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:Guards spinny sword of fire is better at cleaving than a zerker ele's fgs.

I have videos to show otherwise...do you want force me to upload videos on youtubes after processing them and prove you wrong?
  • You need a full FGS rotation to down a medium golem...and we're talking about an elite

He said, the sword alone is better damage than zerk fgs. I can guarantee you I'll get more dmg out of fgs in a 16s duration (time to cast all 4 swords) than the burning from sword.

I said better at cleaving. In a practical situation guards can use other skills while soj is down, or they can put it on a downstate and focus another target. fgs on downed targets can barely out-dps 1 person rezzing, and the ele has to be zerker and stay alive somehow. Soj forces cleanses to keep downstates alive, and most builds dont have enough group cleanses, if any, to get them up.

@Math.5123 said:

He said, the sword alone is better damage than zerk fgs. I can guarantee you I'll get more dmg out of fgs in a 16s duration (time to cast all 4 swords) than the burning from sword.

You are comparing 1x sword of justice to a 16s duration FG.

If you want to compare the dps output for a full 16s, a guardian could summon 3x sword of justice in that time.

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

I said better at cleaving. In a practical situation guards can use other skills while soj is down, or they can put it on a downstate and focus another target. fgs on downed targets can barely out-dps 1 person rezzing, and the ele has to be zerker and stay alive somehow. Soj forces cleanses to keep downstates alive, and most builds dont have enough group cleanses, if any, to get them up.

no group cleanses needed. unless they are pouring their entire burst into the cleave (sword+symbol+sword again+other symbol), all u need is personal cleanse. downstates have massive health so as long as u yourself don't go down, u can outrez their cleave

Regardless if it is over performing or not, the fact that condi DH with trapper rune, is the only semi viable DH build says it all about the current state of spvp. A power build cannot play as power and relies on a broken rune and passive burn spam to function. F*****g trash balance and design.

@otto.5684 said:Regardless if it is over performing or not, the fact that condi DH with trapper rune, is the only semi viable DH build says it all about the current state of spvp. A power build cannot play as power and relies on a broken rune and passive burn spam to function. F*****g trash balance and design.

Guardian in general mate has that problem the only reliable source of damage is burn at the moment.

@Math.5123 said:

It entirely depends on its usage btw. If the enemy team has multiple hitboxes in a small area(rezzing a downed, minions etc), SoJ procs the traited burning many many more times, all of which are AoE, so it can actually oneshot a group, with you having 2 other charges left to cleave the downed bodies. It's obviously way weaker against moving single targets.If your point is FGS has more damage potential+utility in a duel than a single cast of SoJ, you're right... but I don't think thats the point Paradoxoglanis was making.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

If you want to compare the dps output for a full 16s, a guardian could summon 3x sword of justice in that time.

I'll give you a chance to reread what i wrote. See if you can grasp it.

@Math.5123 said:

You are also not considering some basic practicality issues during cleaving, such as how players will attack you and CC you while you are trying to cleave with the FGS, which will interrupt your ideal full 16s rotation. The Sword Of Justice summons however, just do their job.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

I want to see numbers now. :tongue:

@Math.5123, you provide maximum damage for FGS, screenshot is just fine.@Arheundel.6451, you do the same for SoJ.

Not that it really mattered, but I am still curious.

As I have stated : a single sword of justice can down a light/medium golem on its own....

Same cannot be said for the dps of FGS, dunno what even is the point , people trying to justify the dmg of an elite to an utility, the dmg coming from a conjure elite should be at least 3x of what is now. If people want to compare then sword of justice with
arcane blast
as dmg utility comparison well....lol the difference would be even more hilarious.

I have no reason to ask for nerfs on anything these days...as people can see...I play almost everything.

Thank you!

For the guardian, we do not have full 16s, but a single cast of SoJ:

1. 7 s to down a light golem.
  2. 8 s to down a medium golem.

The DPS over 16 s would still be needed to determine the exact case. However, I would rather like to see a full DPS "as bursty as possible" rotation from guard (several casts of SoJ on a target golem) and then compare the DPS to FGS.

Waiting for the numbers of FGS!

1. For light golem.
  2. For medium golem.
  3. 16 s interval.
  4. if provided by guard: Duration of a "full SoJ burst with all casts". The duration can then be used for FGS burst over this same time.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

You are also not considering some basic practicality issues during cleaving, such as how players will attack you and CC you while you are trying to cleave with the FGS, which will interrupt your ideal full 16s rotation. The Sword Of Justice summons however, just do their job.

That wasn't his statement. So that's an entirely different argument. Try to stay with us Trevor.