WvW Wishlist 2021

Vombs.5917

-Disable warclaw in EBG & ABL.(Enable warclaw & pips in EoTM)

-Replace all water with land in EBG & ABL.(Add haystacks to areas you would fall into water)

-While in combat you cannot use doors.

-Spawns now have closed off entrances/exits with portal doors to enter/leave.

New orb buffs (stacking)Green ABL orb: 5% all stats, +5 pips, +100% magic findBlue ABL orb: 5% all stats, +5 pips, +100% magic findRed ABL orb: 5% all stats, +5 pips, +100% magic find.Holding all 3 orbs at the same time: When you inflict fatal damage to an enemy, skip downstate.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Vombs.5917 said:-Disable warclaw in EBG & ABL.(Enable warclaw & pips in EoTM)

-Replace all water with land in EBG & ABL.(Add haystacks to areas you would fall into water)

-Spawns now have closed off entrances/exits with portal doors to enter/leave.

New orb buffs (stacking)Green ABL orb: 5% all stats, +5 pips, +100% magic findBlue ABL orb: 5% all stats, +5 pips, +100% magic findRed ABL orb: 5% all stats, +5 pips, +100% magic find.Holding all 3 orbs at the same time: When you inflict fatal damage to an enemy, skip downstate.

Disable the ability to use the warclaw in World versus World mode = Just like old times! Enable warclaw and pips in EotM = This might make it come to life again. Replace all the water with land in EBG and ABL = It would be nice since one barely or never fights anyone in the water. While in combat, you cannot escape from any fights to any friendly structures' entrances = It would be really cruel and encourage one to fight till the end of one's breath at the same time. Spawns now have closed off entrances/exits with portal doors to enter/leave = This is already in the game, isn't it? New Orb Buffs(Stacking) = 15% to all stats, +15 pips (one would reach the rewards from the chests more swiftly) and +300% magic find(more chances to earn rare items!) = That would be so pleasing. Holding all of the Orbs in the interim: When one deals fatal damage to an opponent, the opponent will be eliminated instead of being in the Downed state before completely dying = It would be amusing.

1) More communication around balance: This means having the Devs come on and layout their thoughts for balance updates more frequently as well as clarifying their thoughts on how certain classes should be performing in the game mode. I'd love for them to lay out all their changes and listen to our feedback, but I understand that there is only so much that can be done with balance. Still, more communication is important, even if its communicating that it seems like things are more balance than they have been in the past so less extreme balancing is coming as a result. Just some communication regarding future balancing would be nice. This also includes any new "major" updates to be added as they could play into game balance. While there were many reasons players were outraged by the Warclaw's inclusion (it being a completely broken, unbalanced mess for starters), a lot of players were also upset because it came out of no where without gauging the communities thoughts on what exactly should go into a WvW Mount. That could have been avoided by a post asking for feedback on what makes a good mount in WvW.

2) More communication about the future of the game mode: An update on Alliances is overdue, leaving the community in limbo for years while we wait for the "coming months" to discuss the topic is just unacceptable for a triple A developer. All it takes is a quick post: "Yes, we're still working on Alliances but have no new information to share." or "No, Alliances were scrapped and we are currently assessing new methods of World Balancing." Or hey if you feel the worlds are currently balanced, say that too. Right now the only reason I can see ANet remaining quiet on the issue is that Alliances are pretty much done and ready to go, but they still don't have a good way to monetize them yet or someone is pressuring them not to lose out on the money lost with server transfers being removed. You know, I'd even take a post admitting that at this point, just something. I'll also toss in here updates on the anti-mount traps that were being discussed, are things like this still in the pipeline or were they scrapped? It's better that people know if something is scrapped or not than to just leave them without an answer.

3) More events: People who complain about events are a vocal minority. Its fine to toss in an event once in a while. No Down State is a fun one, but also ideas for Core Week or maybe have world goals where you need to flip SMC like 500 times in a week and you get a little trophy in your home boarderland spawn. I'd also like to see the WvW Holiday that was disucssed, or at least have an update.

4) More rewards: This doesn't just mean a flat gold increase (which I think really should be added to some of the higher tier chests to offset the gold sink that is WvW but whatever). This means introduce things that makes people want to play and grind WvW. Introduce a WvW Infusion that scales with your World Rank, give us the Stonemist Throne to sit on when we're hanging around in PvE, add unique armor and weapons that shows that you are a devoted WvW Player and you feel accomplished by sporting it. Skins for siege weapons? You could link those to the gem store even, I'd probably buy a cute quaggan flame ram. If you're concerned about them looking weird to new players, just include icons or something over siege to indicate what type of weaponry you're looking at.

5) Revitalizing Edge of the Mist: This could go with more rewards, but lets bring some love back to EotM. If you give us reason to play it, like EotM exclusive armor/weapons/infusions, people will play it. But I think ANet might not want EotM to really be a place people WANT to play since its just supposed to be an overflow area.

6) Obisidan Shard gobbler: hm, okay maybe this isn't just WvW but idk man I have stacks and stacks of these shards now cause of WvW with nothing to spend them on. Pls anet.

7) Fall Damage mastery: Pls.

my wishlist for wvw1)no any Alliances, only good fine link system2)make warclaw more powerful. I pay for PoF, and very missed finisher in fights ..3) make more chaper way for wvw player buy ancient salvage kit (or add few or 5 salvages in in wvw track?)

A week long April Fool event where everyone gets only autoattack. All other skills and equipment are disabled including healing, downed state, pets and traits. Everyone gets armed with a stick (non pointy) which hits for 10 damage. Everyone has 100 HP. Should be easy to balance.

@Andy.5981 said:A week long April Fool event where everyone gets only autoattack. All other skills and equipment are disabled including healing, downed state, pets and traits. Everyone gets armed with a stick (non pointy) which hits for 10 damage. Everyone has 100 HP. Should be easy to balance.People would still complain on broken balance.

Disabling mounts/warclaw now after we have had it for so long would be a GW2 community disaster. Players would prolly logoff instead before attempting to run somewhere on foot. Plus, alot of the wvw battle interactions is directly linked to having a mount to get to the objectives before its too late.

Disable the participation/pip thing in the obsdian sanctum. I like to do it when it is a guild mission - for my 1-man guild. But then the participation timer goes just down. (I mean there is nothing besides an empty JP map with me doing it solo. Maybe back then it was different when the people frequently used this map for fun.)

@"Vombs.5917" said:

I'm guessing you would approve the change that ALL weapon skills should now require a target too. Because, classes like warrior or ranger, just to name a couple, shouldn't be able to just run away from a fight by using weapon skills to avoid combat and get away. Even thief shortbow 5 should require a target to use...right? If you start a fight and choose poorly, you should have to respawn not run away over and over to try again and again.

I'm guessing you would also like to see downstate removed, since it only favors the larger side? (I too would like to see it go)

You would also approve of the idea that since all weapon skills should require a target, that they should also require line of sight to cast. It makes no sense for, say necro, to be able to just litter the walls of a tower with marks hoping someone gets hit with them. Or, cover the ground in aoe's hoping to find a thief nearby. Meteor shower, nope cast didn't go off, because the player you had targeted (in order to even cast) you did not have line of sight to. Why should you be able to hit every part of a wall and most of the stairs? Barrage...nope, no line of sight to target. If you want to fight a person, they should be outside so you can both fight fairly.

These are on the same level as your suggestion of people can't use doors while in combat.And yes, I would love to see even these suggestions added to the game.

In addition to that, all siege is removed except oil and rams, and rams are limited to 3 on a gate. No reason the blob should be able to hide in fully fortified, siege capped smc trebbing things from safety. If they want a tower, they should have to walk up to it and put themselves in danger range to attack it.

Stealth should be removed from every class except thief and mesmer, and stealthing in combat should be removed. The only exception would be the deadeye elite, and it gets a single charge. Stealth should be a "turn on or off" and not require constant recasting, but once in combat, restealthing would not be possible. I am saying this as a scrapper main who understands what this means.

Thief portal needs to be player only, and the 1 minute cooldown starts after the portal is completed, so it can't be instantly recast by waiting out the 1 min first than completing the portal to use and recast.

**1. The Alliance system

1. The sPvP 10+ system**

Deliver, deliver and deliver.

Nothing else matters unless they want to keep heading towards every server having T5-level activity and singular guilds producing the majority of content on every server while triggering transfer avalanches anytime they move to get out of full/unlinked.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-megaserver-system/Read to the end for a tickling reminder B)

The whole blob, population, and server stacking issues will go away once the outnumbered buff removes target limitations and immune from watchtowers. Auctioneers have been out of work for far too long because of this watchtower and target limitation pandemic lets get them back to work.

I made a post about it but it is disappeared... anyway:

Rethink objective capping. Make it so that a keep has 3 points to capture and keep for some time. It exists for bloodlust, why not for capping a keep?

keep crenellations look bad. Lazy design. No castle has crenellations like that. It exists to protect those on the wall. In WvW if you are on the wall and enemy behind, you are dead.

Sentries: Again, lazy design, They could be in a lookout tower which can be upgraded or commander could deploy sentries wherever they want etc. Now it's just a dumb NPC on the road.

More use of space. Why are there champions on EB? Nobody ever touches them. Instead make "building sites" where players can build structures. I'd love to build supply camps or lookout towers or idk something cool. It would encourage pugs and players with unwanted professions to contribute while the blob fights.

More options for small scale fights. Blob vs blob is fun and all but it got boring over 8 years. I'd love some content for groups of 5-10 which helps the blob somehow. Something that requires the coordinated teamwork of a dozen players. Not something that can be karmatrained by a blob of 50. Like... on EBG after taking the dredges, they could dig a tunnel and damage SM wall or something. There's tons of opportunity for WvW, I often still feel like it's in beta testing lol.

Do something with AoE range. For necro and rev aoe spikes we have ranges of 1200 and 900 and it's so predictable. We stack, they stack, we pull,rev spike and move on.

Make it possible for coming up with crazy new strats instead of everyone running the same meta builds. Make it possible for more professions to enjoy WvW. Because right now... you're ranger? Thief? Any core class? You'll be frowned upon and being kicked from squad. For sure, some specs are better for blob vs blob and it's fine but make opportunity for others to do something too. Unfortunately, what will happen is we get new elite specs, they will be OP to get players to play them and that's it.

Need new mechanics, unique to some classes to make them more viable. We have boons to buff and conditions to debuff and pretty much that's it. We need more (NOT OP) things which doesn't count as conditions and we need new ways to get rid of them. But I know it's easier to make everything boon and condition.