Inability to purchase gems due to in-game store

In my country, recently more reinforced than before, most any purchases made online must go through a second security layer, usually a code sent to your phone

The problem is, this works on a pop-up that most sites understand and redirect too. With GW2's in-game store technically being a browser window, it attempts to make this pop-up, but can't. I couldn't tell you why it can't, but it makes it impossible to buy gems. I have no nearby game stores that sell gem cards. Do we have an alternative way to purchase gems? I have no retail stores that sell cards anywhere remotely nearby.

• Like 1

Any and all. Denmark is the country. Our system works on a redirection or pop-up in browsers, but the gemstore can't load said pop-up or redirection, so it grays out indefinitely. My theory is that the window opens but it can't show the page, no money is withdrawn.

None whatsoever, that method still works, though I don't have the gold to convert. I sometimes spend some of my money to get gems for outfits or otherwise, but as is, I can't at the moment. I just hope it's fixed or changed in a way where I would be able to. I don't have time to grind all of the time.

@Lulu.8639 said:Any and all. Denmark is the country. Our system works on a redirection or pop-up in browsers, but the gemstore can't load said pop-up or redirection, so it grays out indefinitely. My theory is that the window opens but it can't show the page, no money is withdrawn.

funny im experience the exact samething except that i on the 11 january was able to buy and here today im unable to buy due that grey boxing....

i suspect exactly the same as you that popup window isnt loading.... currently waiting on tech sup figure it out.

I'm experiencing the same "gray out indefinitely" issue too, and I live in Sweden.I've been in contact with support and I've sent them a bunch of information and stuff and their conclusion is that it's caused by high latency, and they listed some common causes of that. Like high internet traffic load, internet speed, distance from the server, use of wireless connection, and background downloads and updates.

But I'm questioning that for now since my internet is always quite fast, even during higher traffic hours. And I don't use a wireless connection and I don't have a bunch of downloads and updates running in the background. What we definitely have in common is the distance from their servers. But if I had a bad connection to their server wouldn't I experience a bunch of lag while playing? I don't know about you, but the game runs perfectly for me.

I asked them about this in my latest reply and I'm waiting for an answer now.I also linked this forum discussion and I encouraged them to look into this potential "invisible pop-up window" issue.

Hi,I am solving exactly the same problem, I am from the Czech Republic.I solved it with support almost all day today and the problem is still unresolved. In our country, banks have also introduced double verification since January, so I think that the main problem will be in this, as mentioned at the beginning of the discussion. I just hope that those nine attempts to buy the gems aren't waiting somewhere in line so that it won't be paid for at once.I apologize in advance for my English, I am a beginner

5 year player, have bought a ton of gems over the years via IDEAL.. (I am from Netherlands) and now i can't - only via Paypal, Credit card and paysafecard which i don't use and have Paypal= a **** company absolute ridiculous how to just add bank accounts and their retarded rules.Made an exeption for ONCE to buy some online gems but no more in the future .. IDEAL was excellent - i use it for MANY transactions online.

@"Ruba.6382" said:I'm experiencing the same "gray out indefinitely" issue too, and I live in Sweden.I've been in contact with support and I've sent them a bunch of information and stuff and their conclusion is that it's caused by high latency, and they listed some common causes of that. Like high internet traffic load, internet speed, distance from the server, use of wireless connection, and background downloads and updates.

But I'm questioning that for now since my internet is always quite fast, even during higher traffic hours. And I don't use a wireless connection and I don't have a bunch of downloads and updates running in the background. What we definitely have in common is the distance from their servers. But if I had a bad connection to their server wouldn't I experience a bunch of lag while playing? I don't know about you, but the game runs perfectly for me.

I asked them about this in my latest reply and I'm waiting for an answer now.I also linked this forum discussion and I encouraged them to look into this potential "invisible pop-up window" issue.

Did you get any reply from Anet? Just curious to see if they made any progress in this matter.

@"The Dark Neptune.2651" said:I live in Sweden and i'm also experiencing the same issue. Any update on the matter?

Im waiting for Anets response for the moment! "They are looking into this" was the last thing they said.

Submit a ticket to them and refer to this forum thread in your ticket aswell. The more people bring this up the better!

@chicken.4930 said:i have problems too.. i press confirm. and nothing happends after that. just loading. I live in Norway

Seems like most of us from scandinavia has the same problem! submit a ticket to the support team, that's the best we can do!

I received an update for 3 hours ago from the support team, and they are looking into this. Hopefully they find a fix soon! :)