Offensive Tempest Build

akaCryptic.2389

Since I tried the support role last season i realized that even with menders tempest has good damage output on node so I decided to try a marauder variant.Air traits offer great offense and defense with lightning rod. Fresh air is riskier but can increase damage against people that arent paying attention to you.Fire has some good damage modifiers and defense with blind and cleanse.The biggest weakness is sustain so you have to negate damage in the first place.

tempest wvwtempest pvp

Ether renewal and aftershock are good substitutes as well. Let me know what you think

Try this. I have been trolling with it, defense basically only works through some prot and stab and lots of blinds through scepter and arcane skills in air. Change Ether Renewal for Arcane Brilliance against power comps for even more blinds.

But nothing, absolutely no build survives this for long. Most full bunkers explode with Lightning Orb, Overload Air and some instant skills when they are unaware. If they are, it takes a little longer.

Works until some thief or power rev is clever enough to kill you. Single ones can be kited and killed, but as soon as there is 2 good players... plat1 works, then you hit a hard ceiling.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgEsEWWAzjpwQYoYZdp22A-zZILiMLAVGA

Only PVP of course.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgEgEWWAzjpwGZoYpPV22B-zZJsMysA6NB0YA

This is a build that I use frequently in conquest, and I’ve been able to reach mid plat2 with it. It functions as a dps/support hybrid, and is a team fighter first and foremost. However, it is possible to take 1v1’s, but that shouldn’t take priority.

You play it by by staying behind your teammates (if possible); supporting them with auras, warhorn heals, and peeling for them with offensive pressure. You should also drop AoE’s and ranged attacks into the fight, and burst opponents when you see an opportunity.

The majority of damage comes from Air and Fire attunement + earth shield. Use Water and Earth for sustain. Keep an eye out for thieves and heralds as they can force you to disengage. Use dagger3 skills and lightning flash for mobility. Always pick up the second earth shield, try not to use arcane shield offensively, and don’t suicide with tornado (i.e. anytime you see a lot of AoE, do not use tornado)

As a side note: turn off auto-targeting in settings. You don’t want your dash skills snapping to opponents if you don’t intend for it.

Tempest can play just like a core staff build in wvw maybe better then a core ele it self as it gets a few added strun brakes and a few boon generation that core ele lacks in burst. You just simply lose the ability to arcain root and realy that not as big of a deal. This is true for weaver vs core as well.

Sadly core ele is lacking for no good reason at this point.

Fire aura transmutation and burning speed will be your best burst dmg you have.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAgilFwaYesNGKWSTmtNA-z5IWGZmA9WA2NA

I use this as a roam/decap build in casual play. Air overload spam with aura share. Not uncommon for me to crit 6k with burning speed. Overload air, switch to fire, burning speed, switch to air before it hits. It requires running out of fights to heal up, but i havent had anyone capable of keeping up with me in mobility. It can be countered by boonrip and heavy condi application