Dungeons and in combat

Tony.8659

I'm going to guess this has been brought up before. But now it's getting a bit annoying and I'm sure Anet can fix it. While joining a group in a dungeon, why am I always in combat when I just entered? I don't care if my team mates are in combat, I am not and I should be able to waypoint in the dungeon instead of sitting there until they are finished fighting. Many times I just left the group after a while. Sometimes I do not want to walk all that distance where there is a waypoint right there I can use. Terrible design. And when I fnish that 200 AP dungeon achievement I will not be returning again.

@Tony.8659 said:I'm going to guess this has been brought up before. But now it's getting a bit annoying and I'm sure Anet can fix it. While joining a group in a dungeon, why am I always in combat when I just entered? I don't care if my team mates are in combat, I am not and I should be able to waypoint in the dungeon instead of sitting there until they are finished fighting. Many times I just left the group after a while. Sometimes I do not want to walk all that distance where there is a waypoint right there I can use. Terrible design. And when I fnish that 200 AP dungeon achievement I will not be returning again.

if you were not people could just die use way point and zerg down anything in the dungeon as long as 1 person were alive.

I don't think that would happen, especially if some players are new. Me I been here since first beta and now I just want to finish that 200AP achieve that I left for so long. Now unless Anet adds something new to dungeons I will not be returning after I'm done. They can take that as feedback.

@Tony.8659 said:I don't think that would happen, especially if some players are new. Me I been here since first beta and now I just want to finish that 200AP achieve that I left for so long. Now unless Anet adds something new to dungeons I will not be returning after I'm done. They can take that as feedback.

That is exactly what happened before Anet put into the game and stop it from continuing

@Fuchslein.8639 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:Yes, suicide zerg rushing was a very popular approach to many fights. The current no ress/no waypoint when in combat situation was introduced as a direct response to it. As such, don;t expect for it to be removed.

And what was so bad about that?

Well it take away any challange if you only need 1 tanky person and the rest of group can just wittle anything down right?

EditWhy have any encounters at all just put down a training dummy let people wack it and get rewarded every 30 seconds. with loot.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:Yes, suicide zerg rushing was a very popular approach to many fights. The current no ress/no waypoint when in combat situation was introduced as a direct response to it. As such, don;t expect for it to be removed.

And what was so bad about that?

Well it take away any challange if you only need 1 tanky person and the rest of group can just wittle anything down right?

EditWhy have any encounters at all just put down a training dummy let people wack it and get rewarded every 30 seconds. with loot.

So it was only introduced to make it harder for weaker players?I once had a fractal run in Furnace and was the last one standing with my Engie at one point on the final boss. Because an older, not so good player died, her husband wanted to heal her at all costs, died, then a friend wanted to heal both at all costs, died and a friend of mine was also dead relatively quickly due to the chaos.Two of the four dead have changed the char and are then joined with another character while I have tried everything to stay alive. Idn whether that is now still possible but I can imagine how frustrating that must be for some when not.

And I can still remember my early days in the game, where I lay in dungeons dead around with random groups because very few care and always push on even if you ask.But you have to live with something like that when you run with randoms, its sad xx.

@Tony.8659 said:I'm going to guess this has been brought up before. But now it's getting a bit annoying and I'm sure Anet can fix it. While joining a group in a dungeon, why am I always in combat when I just entered? I don't care if my team mates are in combat, I am not and I should be able to waypoint in the dungeon instead of sitting there until they are finished fighting. Many times I just left the group after a while. Sometimes I do not want to walk all that distance where there is a waypoint right there I can use. Terrible design. And when I fnish that 200 AP dungeon achievement I will not be returning again.

Find a guild, or friends. You rarely have to deal with such ignorant people then.

• 2 weeks later...

@Linken.6345 said:

if you were not people could just die use way point and zerg down anything in the dungeon as long as 1 person were alive.

Or they could simply make it distinguish between someone who died in the dungeon and someone who's just entered the dungeon.(eg. WoW doesn't put the whole group in combat when one person enters combat, at least not those who are far away)

Also, for clarity, the game doesn't put you in combat. You can still change your build and move with your out of combat movement speed.

This is specific to dungeons to prevent "Graveyard Zerging". If anyone in your party is actually "in combat", waypoints for the party are disabled. This is why you will often see people say "OOC" -- "Out Of Combat" -- so that joining players can waypoint and catch up.