WvW Spawn bad design

nargilli.6987

@tobin.6754 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

@DeceiverX.8361 said:@"Woop S.7851" That's a bunch of fancy diagrams (with very little relevance to the issue as a whole) but almost has nothing to do with the issue at hand. There are three exits from blue spawn; there's another whole path literally outlined on the map leading to Bravost and another one leading out behind lang, which said blob won't be able to shut down.

The issue with Mag's strategy specifically is because they throw down groups of 15 on cloud builds at each exit rather than one blob at the main entrance.

If a blob capable of wiping them shows up, the 15-man at one exit runs (because they're KDA-obsessed and don't actually like winning at a disadvantage, despite what they say) and people are let back in momentarily. The issue is the 15-man chases down stragglers to ensure their kills come at no risk, avoids the blob at all costs, and said blob ends up with no content, and leaves again, and the 15-man group just refills the spot.

If the blob goes to take SMC or a similar objective, Mag cries about it being a blob server and then sits with 10mans on camps preventing anyone actually looking to run small/solo from doing literally anything except blob. The endless ganking and abhorrent whispers if you manage to actually kill any of them is insane. They're victims to their own toxicity, and pull the same strategy people are saying to deny them content in reverse; if they're not ganking 5-to-1, they don't give content.

So deny them content. If they want to play a different game than the rest of the GW2 community, they can go play a different game, and they won't be missed.There's like three people on that server I respect who will take disadvantaged or even fights and don't throw huge tantrums when they lose. The rest are KDA kitten who go into full meltdown mode if they die, acting like GW2 is an extension of that kitten Sword Art show.

I like this, you can't lose if you don't play mentality.

This is actually Mag's mentality. Hide in SMC until you vastly outnumber your opponent...then, all of a sudden, you want "fights". This way they can't ever lose. One on one they have shown to be not very proficient or skilled (although there are a handful who are very adept at solo play), but they are very good at having multiple thieves and soulbeasts press 1 and instakill people who don't realize Mag has a 5v1 advantage, or wouldn't even be outside.

People should really learn to play these classes that can press 1 for instakills then.

When you step out of spawn, and 20 people hit auto attack once, you die. That is just how Mag plays.

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

@DeceiverX.8361 said:@"Woop S.7851" That's a bunch of fancy diagrams (with very little relevance to the issue as a whole) but almost has nothing to do with the issue at hand. There are three exits from blue spawn; there's another whole path literally outlined on the map leading to Bravost and another one leading out behind lang, which said blob won't be able to shut down.

The issue with Mag's strategy specifically is because they throw down groups of 15 on cloud builds at each exit rather than one blob at the main entrance.

If a blob capable of wiping them shows up, the 15-man at one exit runs (because they're KDA-obsessed and don't actually like winning at a disadvantage, despite what they say) and people are let back in momentarily. The issue is the 15-man chases down stragglers to ensure their kills come at no risk, avoids the blob at all costs, and said blob ends up with no content, and leaves again, and the 15-man group just refills the spot.

If the blob goes to take SMC or a similar objective, Mag cries about it being a blob server and then sits with 10mans on camps preventing anyone actually looking to run small/solo from doing literally anything except blob. The endless ganking and abhorrent whispers if you manage to actually kill any of them is insane. They're victims to their own toxicity, and pull the same strategy people are saying to deny them content in reverse; if they're not ganking 5-to-1, they don't give content.

So deny them content. If they want to play a different game than the rest of the GW2 community, they can go play a different game, and they won't be missed.There's like three people on that server I respect who will take disadvantaged or even fights and don't throw huge tantrums when they lose. The rest are KDA kitten who go into full meltdown mode if they die, acting like GW2 is an extension of that kitten Sword Art show.

I like this, you can't lose if you don't play mentality.

This is actually Mag's mentality. Hide in SMC until you vastly outnumber your opponent...then, all of a sudden, you want "fights". This way they can't ever lose. One on one they have shown to be not very proficient or skilled (although there are a handful who are very adept at solo play), but they are very good at having multiple thieves and soulbeasts press 1 and instakill people who don't realize Mag has a 5v1 advantage, or wouldn't even be outside.

People should really learn to play these classes that can press 1 for instakills then.

When you step out of spawn, and 20 people hit auto attack once, you die. That is just how Mag plays.

Then get 20 of your people to press 1 on a mag player.

@"Hesione.9412" said:Added to this: the server that purposely tanks in order to get into a tier where they can do this. If the match-ups were even, this wouldn't even be a thing because they'd be too busy defending/retaking.They do more than tank. They log on to alts on an opposing server in the same match and k-train their own borderland. I did not know this prior to our last link with them and got "yelled at" for getting in the way.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Thanks, that's interesting :p was not aware of this, currently I'm on Henge of Denravi, there's a reset today, HoD will be up against Maguma, guessing I'll be able to experience it first-hand B)

You want actual fights from Mag, take and try to keep SMC.

We did (OCX). We took your SMC and your keep. The 10 or so that died a few times either logged off or went to play pve.

Lol. You think I’m on Mag?

Those people that know me would crack up.

So would Mag players if they knew me.

?

Sorry my bad.Weren't you on BG before..no?

yeh if you get stuck in a matchup where enemy team outnumbers you the majority of the time to the point they can tier up your ebg keep, just find something else enjoyable to do with your time, whether it's on a different map or outside of WvW or the game itself. Denies them content too. Win Win.

@retconned.9358 said:yeh if you get stuck in a matchup where enemy team outnumbers you the majority of the time to the point they can tier up your ebg keep, just find something else enjoyable to do with your time, whether it's on a different map or outside of WvW or the game itself. Denies them content too. Win Win.

Also means they can't tank ;)

@Hesione.9412 said:

@retconned.9358 said:yeh if you get stuck in a matchup where enemy team outnumbers you the majority of the time to the point they can tier up your ebg keep, just find something else enjoyable to do with your time, whether it's on a different map or outside of WvW or the game itself. Denies them content too. Win Win.

Also means they can't tank ;)

And for a couple of servers, that would be an even bigger punishment..,

i mean, not beeing able to tank is a problem. u just don't want to be in t1 & t2 unless ur extremly stacked. low populated servers with silly ppt population during nighttime have a really hard spot.

thought tbh, tanking in EU works app differently. we don't only have 1-2 overstacked servers currently, it's about 4-5... still the same problem kinda. the flaw lies within the system, the players just ab/use it, naturally.

spawncamping also happens in EU, just rarely. if one side rejects the matchup it can happen. to kill our ppt basically the most effective 40 players~ gotta not play, then the rest will just be helpless. without that, ppt just keeps running... with many newbies on a server, communication does simply not work (plus our link server has basically the same structure just not as bad, so like if our ratio of player:kitten is 9:1 theirs is a bit better, but also with 5:5 you have a similar issue - still.)

@LetoII.3782 said:

i regularly sniff, yet the radius is far too small, and yet stealthed up targets just won't be shown. literally got jumped by 3 thieves a second after i sniffed, from warclaw to dead a few seconds. that's the real toxic behaviour of Wvw. that's what should get restricted.

Oh, you're one of those.My mistakei regularly farm u guys dw... just if ur permanently woke enough to avoid thiefgroups that aren't slow handed, u take this game too serious. most thieves are just pretty much overconfident casuals.

in that situation i tried to get to a group on the other side of the map, without any info about neither our group nor the enemy group. there's no option to check large spaces in the map before this, and these guys waited, stealthed up apparently, at the northestern ruins. only few servers are doing this, and it's the least honorful thing existing in this game... but well, class choice tells all.