A Butler for the home instance

Balsa.3951

@Balsa.3951 said:Getting bored with gathering my home instance how about a 400 gem item Butler who gather for me.

Anet can make some sweet money by selling Butler skins

Skritt/ Ogre/ Golems and and and ....

Great idea, I don't understand why the dev team never considered this to be added into the game. I would consider also adding home decorations and NPCs just for the sake of variety.

I have M.O.X. as a reward from one of the stories. He would be the PERFECT butler for a home instance. He already grumbles about the cats, so more comments would be interesting. And if Webby were to randomly appear, the collecting could complete faster.

I agree that a butler would probably never happen, but that's my wish for it.

I like the idea. It does not affect the economy from my point of view at all.Reason?I farm my home every day, I gather all nodes and stuff... instead of spending 6 to 8 minutes gathering, I talk to a butler and I get my stuff in less time.

I still get the EXACT same stuff, just faster. So there is not more stuff suddenly going onto the market.

I simply only saves you a few minutes of time each day.

They already have a system in place they could tie this to. Black Lion Expedition Board all they would have to do is add a feature that would loot your home instance and it would be delivered once a day in the Black Lion Delivery Box. You only get the delivery if you log in each day. If you don't log in they don't deliver to your mail. So in short they don't accrue while not playing.

I know it would effect the games economy. But honestly what doesn't? I am one of those material hoarders. So me getting this ability would have low impact on the economy. Sure some would sell and great for them on taking the time out to do so. But not all nodes can be made liquid and are account bound.

Going to the home instance to harvest is not content to me. It takes time out of what I would rather be doing. If Anet added a convenience like this I would gladly shell out the cash to get this day one.

@Tuna Bandit.3786 said:I like the idea. It does not affect the economy from my point of view at all.Reason?I farm my home every day, I gather all nodes and stuff... instead of spending 6 to 8 minutes gathering, I talk to a butler and I get my stuff in less time.

I still get the EXACT same stuff, just faster. So there is not more stuff suddenly going onto the market.

I simply only saves you a few minutes of time each day.

Isn't this like saying that farms with higher gph don't influence economy, because you get the same stuff, just faster?

• Confused 1

Yeah I don't see how saving 5 minutes a day effects the economy.It's supply and demand - I cannot get more out of my home daily because I can only farm it onceThe only reason it might effect the TP is if more people decide to farm their home due to it. But considering the small amount of time saving, I very much doubt that.

@"Tuna Bandit.3786" said:Yeah I don't see how saving 5 minutes a day effects the economy.It's supply and demand - I cannot get more out of my home daily because I can only farm it once

That seems like an attempt to dodge what I wrote and definitely doesn't contradict it.

The only reason it might effect the TP is if more people decide to farm their home due to it. But considering the small amount of time saving, I very much doubt that.

And I think it's reasonable to think that more people would farm it more consistently if it required less effort. Would it affect the economy? I'm not sure. But claiming that adding a limited bot to the game would 100% not affect the economy looks like just a hopeful guess to me.

But sure, if we're adding "autofarming", then add it also to other parts of the game, I guess. Because why not?

• Confused 1

The comments about 'if you add this, why not add this totally out of balanced thing' are not generally useful. That is like saying they should sell home instance nodes that give you 500 leather/day, because after all, they already have one that gives you 5, so whats the difference. There clearly is a difference.Anet already sells a lot of things for gems that save the player gold or makes gold for them. This is just another one.Yes, with the 5 minutes the player saves, they could do other content and earn something in that 5 minute time span. I don't see that as a major shift in the economy, or even a minor shift in the economy.I personally think adding this would make financial sense for Anet. People would buy the butler (presumably it is priced reasonable). It would probably lead to more sales of home instance nodes also - I've talked with some others, and there comment is that they just can't be bothered with home instance nodes (I was in that same situation for a long while, until I got enough of the LS ones and farmed those on a daily basis to get ascended trinkets for all my characters). But the amount of materials generated from home instance nodes is probably a drop in the bucket compared to open world gathering, salvaging of items, and other rewards.

I would love this. I recently bought Glyphs of Reaping for all my tools, and ever since then I have been harvesting my Full Home instance daily. Before that I could not be bothered, it took way too long. So Anet already has implemented stuff that makes farming your Home instance so much easier (that it in fact changed my behaviour) and it did not break the Economy. I do not think a butler that needs you to zone into your Home instance daily would either. I do think 400 gems is a bit too cheap though. That is like a 120 gold, that makes it too affordable. 3x Glyphs of Reaping would cost you 1000-1500 gold, I think the gem price for a butler should be in the same range. Like 4k gems. I would still buy it. Maybe 2-3k, since glyphs of Reaping also work outside the instance.

@"Solvar.7953" said:The comments about 'if you add this, why not add this totally out of balanced thing' are not generally useful.

I assume you're writing about what I said. How is what I said "totally out of balance" if the "original idea" isn't? If someone does that content daily/weekly depending on how often it "resets" then how is this any different than the claim I was answering to?

• Confused 1

It saves time. And it saves time permanently - by only having to pay once. If it gets implemented as suggested. (1-time purchase, no other downsides/costs per use.)Yes: The glyphs can be used outside the home instance ... everywhere. And you can't use other glyphs besides them. (Some people might want the ones for specific resources maybe.)

The unbreakable tools save time as well: You don't need to run to the vendor too often to replace tools. (Or keeping lots of them in your inventory ... which means you'd need to clean up more often cause the available free space would be less ... filling up faster.)

Personally I'd say saving time every day is still more convenience than the harvesting tools give. (Especially if you mainly harvest the home instance and not too much in open world - where stopping everywhere gets boring.)

Pricing maybe a bit more than 400 gems. Then additional functions ... and a fee for auto-gathering maybe. (And maybe you'd still need to visit the instance to recive the stuff from the butler. Not per mail.)

Maybe an upgrade for MOX. (He already does music stuff lol.)

I don't need a butler for the home instance, I just need a Noxious Pod and being able to charge quartz in storage (and not in the bags) in my home instance.And since we want convenience, can we please have the WvW crafting stations back, because PvE players using those have never been the problem with queues, despite some people claiming that.