Can't decide between condi mirage or power DPS chrono build

Xenerous.9752

Hey everyone I am just getting back into the game again after a good break, and I seen that Mesmer appears to be in a tough spot at the moment lol. Mesmer is still my favorite class to play however, so I was hoping to get some advice on these builds.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Chronomancer_-_Power_DPS_(Fractal)https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Mirage_-_Condi_Mirage

These are the two builds I am looking at, I mainly do a bunch of open world stuff and dungeons and occasionally fractals. I also play some WvW but i was thinking of getting gear for a support chrono for that later. I just don't really know what's been nerfed and what not hahaha. Thanks again :)

@"Xenerous.9752" said:Hey everyone I am just getting back into the game again after a good break, and I seen that Mesmer appears to be in a tough spot at the moment lol. Mesmer is still my favorite class to play however, so I was hoping to get some advice on these builds.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Chronomancer_-_Power_DPS_(Fractal)https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Mirage_-_Condi_Mirage

These are the two builds I am looking at, I mainly do a bunch of open world stuff and dungeons and occasionally fractals. I also play some WvW but i was thinking of getting gear for a support chrono for that later. I just don't really know what's been nerfed and what not hahaha. Thanks again :)

Heya and welcome back!So currently Pwr is the way to go for most if not all game modes and that's what I'm seeing a lot of Mesmers I'm affiliated with that are running, at least until we see what the new expansion has to offer. I have 3 ascended sets so I'll just provide you with the builds & gear I run for them below:PWR (I usually run for all gamemodes. The only thing I'll change is remove chrono and replace with dueling for optimal damage)http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAwyFlVwmYbMPWJO0WZNbA-zxQYhoj7bHEYp0UIUbBUREESCYy0IgzIA-eSUPPORT (My fractal gear mostly and sometimes will run for raids if quick boon is needed)http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAw2ZlNwWYOsD2Je6T5tXA-zRJYqR3fZ0bKkeF47s0+mF-eCONDI (I rarely use this but when I do it's in PvE or WvW - I also usually switch out Chaos for Inspiration for condi cleanses and improved signets)http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiABs+trlVwwYJME2IWOP6rOA-zRJYkx/Y0NFCVB6nGF8sB-e

Hopefully this helps and good luck!

Not trying to hamper your dreams to play mesmer but if you look at the rotation required for chrono power in pve is a lot longer and more complicated with more rooms of fck up inbetween then any other classes. In pvp/wvw mesmers are becoming an extinct class due to everything just being able to do better. Now idiots will say oh no ive seen good mesmers and they still kill me, well thts because tht person probably mains the class rather then jumping into the flavor of the month class or getting a build off metabattle thinking my build is meta if something beats it then therefore the class they r playing is op.

this thread keeps popping up, the ultimate answer is basically what works best for you

eventually you want to have both options available, but everyone would agree that you should gear for power (i.e. chrono) first since condi requires some more investment to get. idk if you are money deprived but you would ideally use this time to get a feel for power (chrono) while getting condi gear, and then play condi mirage for a bit to see how that feels. you will come to prefer one over the other for whatever reason, it differs from person to person

tbh imo you dont even really need chrono to get a feel for how it plays, its basically a power core mes (what i tend to play) with respawning phants, reskinned f keys and a fancy f4 key that you rarely need to actually press. others may also argue that you can try out budget mirage with dire/rabid/etc. gear too, because playstyle can determine what you play rather than just effectiveness

the builds you linked from metabattle kind of implode on themselves in wvw, i wouldnt recommend taking them there yeah xD

• 1 month later...

@Salt Mode.3780 said:Not trying to hamper your dreams to play mesmer but if you look at the rotation required for chrono power in pve is a lot longer and more complicated with more rooms of kitten up inbetween then any other classes. In pvp/wvw mesmers are becoming an extinct class due to everything just being able to do better. Now idiots will say oh no ive seen good mesmers and they still kill me, well thts because tht person probably mains the class rather then jumping into the flavor of the month class or getting a build off metabattle thinking my build is meta if something beats it then therefore the class they r playing is op.

I believe Mesmer is pretty alright in pvp, I have no problem winning matches playing it. To me such comment appears to signify you may not know how to play it anymore after the nerfs.

And that’s cool I seen many people rage quitting the class once it got little more difficult.

Of course going burn DH, SB renegade or any other meta atm may seem better at times, but to me all of them are much less rewarding and require less thinking. But each to their own.

Also I agree with one of the above posts saying own builds are the best - this is 100% true. The meta builds online point out what deals much exp dps. but imho also a lot depends on how comfortable you are with your weapons and skills.

Plays..

8 years on core MesmerAnother 5 years on chronoAnd finally 3 years on mirage (1 year without dodge)

Mesmer is literally gutted

Dude on the internet: Bullshit, mirage isn’t bad, you just don’t know how to play. GW2 Community in a nutshell...

P.S.: posts wvw roaming montage to prove me wrong

@Mik.3401 said:

@"Salt Mode.3780" said:Not trying to hamper your dreams to play mesmer but if you look at the rotation required for chrono power in pve is a lot longer and more complicated with more rooms of kitten up inbetween then any other classes. In pvp/wvw mesmers are becoming an extinct class due to everything just being able to do better. Now idiots will say oh no ive seen good mesmers and they still kill me, well thts because tht person probably mains the class rather then jumping into the flavor of the month class or getting a build off metabattle thinking my build is meta if something beats it then therefore the class they r playing is op.

I believe Mesmer is pretty alright in pvp, I have no problem winning matches playing it. To me such comment appears to signify you may not know how to play it anymore after the nerfs.

And that’s cool I seen many people rage quitting the class once it got little more difficult.

Of course going burn DH, SB renegade or any other meta atm may seem better at times, but to me all of them are much less rewarding and require less thinking. But each to their own.

Also I agree with one of the above posts saying own builds are the best - this is 100% true. The meta builds online point out what deals much exp dps. but imho also a lot depends on how comfortable you are with your weapons and skills.

Dont understand why this thread is being necroed 2 months after but alright, mesmers generally dont see high competitive play there are other classes that can be more efficient then what mesmers can do at the moment. Ive main mesmer since the start of the game and i still play mesmer even after the nerfs so no i didnt roll to the next meta class.And what I say still stands chrono rotation in PVE is incredibly long and complicated compared to some other ones like power DH and there are more rooms to fck up then other power rotation classes.In PvP and WvW there are still a decline in mesmers, most of them either quit the game or rerolled into another class, and again because other classes currently can do things better and easier then what mesmers can offer.Also its not what you think about rolling meta units being "less rewarding" its what the trend is heading to, no one cares about it being less rewarding if they are able to dish out the same results easier.