Are you excited for the Champions finale, including today's patch?

Michram.6853

@Blocki.4931 said:I think it's good enough, at least we know there is some more effort put into the maps this time around.

Definitely, I think maps till Jormag Rising were very engaging with various events, activities, meta events like Drakkar or once Claw of Jormag's meta was fixed, it feels like a nice and rewarding experience.As for Champions I think changing the way parts of core maps look is definitely a cool idea, and making them instanced won't make a mess in the future with all those ambushes when new players start playing - something that probably looks weird when a new player sees entangled places by mordremoth or mordrems, while doing story with Zhaitan.

Still I hope a new location will be added in Judgment - 4th chapter.

The quality of music also definitely adds so much to locations like Alpine Marches, Eagle Flight, and battle music in Drizzlewood Coasts and more

I'd like to be excited since I was excited about other episodes (I love we're finally getting more charr lore) but the last episode felt like it was 1/3-1/4 an episode in terms of content and whatever rush they had going on internally was evident in how there was no conclusion to the story and the story progress notification stayed on people's HUDs even though there was no way to progress.

Maybe the new episode will make up for it, but I can't get excited about it until it's out and players can see what's really in it instead of getting hyped by a trailer.

Speaking of trailers, the one for the new episode didn't mention anything new so that's another reason why I'm not excited. New skins, a new ally faction, a new emote, and some more DRMs? That's what the trailer for the previous episode had and what players knew would be in this episode as well.

I'm not excited in the sense of bouncing around, unable to sleep, can't wait for the moment it happens etc. but I rarely get that worked up about anything unless I'm at a concert. In this case it's probably for the best because I doubt I'll be able to play it tonight, and might have to wait until the weekend and it would be really annoying if I was that excited and then had to wait that long. (Not as bad as when Guns N' Roses got back together and it took them a year to get to Europe, but still annoying.)

But along with exploring new maps the story and lore is what interests me most in GW2 (and most games) and I like finding out what happens next. At the moment there's several things I'm curious about. I absolutely do not trust Jormag, but I do wonder if we'll end up working together for a while and if so when/how we'll be betrayed. I want to know how Braham's prophecy dilemma is going to work out - will he kill Jormag or will Jormag kill him? What will happen to the world if anyone kills Jormag? Can Aurene contain or control the magic or will we get more problems with excess loose magic like we have in the past? What about Primordus? Are we going to see more involvement from the Spirits of the Wild? Is Ryland a lost cause now (I suspect he is) and if so who is going to end the threat he poses? And how is all this going to tie into us going to Cantha?

I like the on-going story and some of the long-running themes which have been established in this game and exploring where they lead. Sometimes I guess it in advance, sometimes I'm surprised, sometimes it's both. Either way it's fun to find out what happens next.

(BTW a bit of feedback on the poll: I think you've got a good range of options, and well worded so there's no obvious bias in the options, but it would be helpful if they were in order from most to least excited (or the reverse) so the results show the overall trend.)

@Terter.4125 said:I'm really sad because they're sprinting trought the story and there is so much that can be shown/explained in the Icebrood Saga and currently it feels quite vague. Would like more polishing and longer story, don't care about the expac if they'll rush the story.

I agree, but I don't think that will affect the expansion story. I think that problem is specific to Ice Brood Saga - Anet tried to present IBS as a return to the early years of GW2 with all new stuff coming via Living World updates rather than dividing it between LW and expansions and the response was endless complaining that if we don't have paid expansions the game is dead, nothing which is being released counts and there's no point playing. So in response Anet announced the next expansion earlier than planned, and I think cut short IBS (which I suspect was intended to be a longer season than we've had recently) and cut a lot of the content from it in order to get more people working on the expansion and get that out sooner. It's a shame but apparently it's what players wanted, so here we are.

@Arden.7480 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:I think it's good enough, at least we know there is some more effort put into the maps this time around.

Definitely, I think maps till Jormag Rising were very engaging with various events, activities, meta events like Drakkar or once Claw of Jormag's meta was fixed, it feels like a nice and rewarding experience.As for Champions I think changing the way parts of core maps look is definitely a cool idea, and making them instanced won't make a mess in the future with all those ambushes when new players start playing - something that probably looks weird when a new player sees entangled places by mordremoth or mordrems, while doing story with Zhaitan.

The quality of music also definitely adds so much to locations like Alpine Marches, Eagle Flight, and battle music in Drizzlewood Coasts and more

I think the frozen Lake Doric will exist only inside the DRM accessed trough the asuran portal in EoTN. The real Lake Doric map will stay untouched.

@Terter.4125 said:

I think the frozen Lake Doric will exist only inside the DRM accessed trough the asuran portal in EoTN. The real Lake Doric map will stay untouched.

Yeah, it's very cool :)

@Terter.4125 said:

I think it's great. This could also set a precedent where they make more instances that do this. I can't recall any other time they have done this and it could help open up more stuff in the future, because instead of making a full map and having it fully functional they can isolate parts of it and change those.

The reason why I have spent real money to buy the whole Crystal Saga is because I like the lore and ArenaNet is doing a good job in keeping the game interesting with new content and modes that bring something new to the game. As a customer, my choice to buy EoD or not will depend from the finale of this content which hopefully will bring some balance to the current state of the game.

Oh yes, the hope that this cheap substitute for a story chapter will finally end really pleases me. I'm only disappointed that i will have to wait for two more of the parts of it first. Although i would definitely feel better if i could hope that what comes after will be better - and as things are now, i'm not so sure of this at all.

@Blocki.4931 said:

I think it's great. This could also set a precedent where they make more instances that do this. I can't recall any other time they have done this and it could help open up more stuff in the future, because instead of making a full map and having it fully functional they can isolate parts of it and change those.

For a start it could be a way to bring back Season 1: have instanced versions of those maps, or the relevant parts of the map, with the season 1 storyline stuff going on.

That could enable them to bring back the whole thing, instead of a few random fragments like we've gotten so far.

Bad storytelling, it is like ls3 is in an alternate universe.Bad content, strikes were a step back from challenging geoup content, drm is even further back.Bad character progression, outside of mount stealth, none of the masteries are any good. The rgb beams and emp nades probably made the playerbase dumber thinking cc skills only exist on the special action key.More vaporware: alliances, legendary armory, steam release, any news at all on any of these announcements?Edit more disappointment:Addressed a non problem from a streamer about accessing equipment of niche stats, but did not fix accessibility of volcanic storm caller set.Did not return the female idle animation as the stretch emote.

@Danikat.8537 said:

For a start it could be a way to bring back Season 1: have instanced versions of those maps, or the relevant parts of the map, with the season 1 storyline stuff going on.

That could enable them to bring back the whole thing, instead of a few random fragments like we've gotten so far.

I really wouldn't want Anet to waste their time instancing LS1 for nostalgia-sake. I prefer that they move forward, not backward. Yeah, people missed out on LS1. So did I. I just don't think that it is profitable enough to go that route as opposed to creating new content. Also, I'm not sold that there is a large enough portion of the player base that is dying to have LS1 content.

Isn't that surprising?

I mean, mathematically you have to account for who visits and forum and why. In any community the majority of forum-goers are going to be those who complain and wish to dominate with their will by being the loudest possible. That's the top spot covered, then. What I find interesting is how close it is even if we account for the differential of voices on an Internet forum. Usually, those who post on a forum don't do so with positive intent.

Adjusted for that, this is a surprisingly positive outcome. Interesting! I figured thatt this content was more popular than the consensus of the forum would think but there's a growing voice of positivity here contrary to that. That's what I find so fascinating. I expected the complainants to dominate the polls, which ultimately they did but not by the margin I'd expected before seeing the results. Hmm! How interesting that is.