[Suggestion] Group Leader

Xethal.7180

Am I the only one wishing for such a system ? That would work exactly as the commander tag work ?

Giving a user the ability to invite, kick, lock and put on the LFG the group ?

And make it obtainable just like the commander tag, with something that cost some gold ! Since I agree it would be still be a bit less useful, maybe make it 100/150G !Of course, to differentiate between them, you wouldn't have a position marker on the map (like the commander) it would just give you the "administrative rights" to a group. In compensation maybe give peoples a title ?

I think it would be great for fractals, or dragon response missions, whenever you see someone that is botting, AFK, or that joins and is ... Well, not what you asked for, and who takes AGES to leave !The raiders have that option ! Why can't we have it in smaller groups as well ?

Would you be in favor of such a system or not ?

Sounds to me like the key feature you want is that one person alone can decide who stays in the grp and who not (and can possible kick everyone else just to refill the ranks with people of their liking).

So no a hard pass to that suggestion. The decision if someone gets kicked should stay with the vote of the grp majority. If someone is truly just afking getting the others to vote for a kick aswell shouldn't be that hard.

And given that we had a grp leader system (always the one who opened a grp) at the beginning of the game (which in some cases got abused like mentioned above, kicking all others close to the end of a dungeon just to refill with friends/guildmates) that arena-net moved away from, I don't see why they ever would implement that again.

@Ronan.9518 said:And given that we had a grp leader system (always the one who opened a grp) at the beginning of the game (which in some cases got abused like mentioned above, kicking all others close to the end of a dungeon just to refill with friends/guildmates) that arena-net moved away from, I don't see why they ever would implement that again.Exactly this.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Oh you mean you want a tag system that works exactly like the commander tag works?

We already have that. It's called the commander tag.

Doesn't work with all instances (e.g., dungeons), therefore it has been requested for parties as well.

@Fueki.4753 said:instance ownership, so people automatically got kicked once the instance owner left

This is still happening in Dragon Response Missions and the Home Instance. Just sayin'.

@Ashantara.8731 said:This is still happening in Dragon Response Missions and the Home Instance. Just sayin'.

I don't agree with Arenanet's decision for that system to be implemented in DRMs, it has no business being there.

In home instances it's kinda understandable - you wouldn't let some random person into your home and use all your appliances while you are away either. I also think the home instance needs the player in there to know which nodes have been unlocked so they can be used.

This seems super abusable so i don't think it's a good idea.Plus, like others have said, there was something simmilar back in the day and it got changed for a reason.You can't count on people being responsible.If you want your own little group, then just make your own group from people you know and want. You don't even need a commander tag for it.And for everything else, there's a mentor and a commander tag, and a mentor tag is free.

The system we have works just fine.

There could be an alternative to the system we have now, but that would cause just as many issues as it would solve.

As mentioned by others, we had a group leader system when the game launched (this can be unrelated to the instance ownership which was also present at launch. A group leader dc could be handled in many ways today). It worked better in some cases, and worse in other cases.

Suffice to say, it was abusable and was abused occasionally. Giving control over the group to 1 player means he can not only kick afk players, he can kick any one he wants.

Raids require a far larger amount of organization, as such a central role or players being in charge makes sense. Fractals still have a majority vote system, which works in most scenarios except for fringe cases. Most other content is simply not difficult enough nor does it require this amount of organization to warrant handing over control to 1 player.

That said, a friend of mine has already encounter a new type of trolling and this clearly shows what issues arise with "ownership" or control of 1 player over the party:A player who opened a dragon response mission disconnected at the very end (and given the current instance ownership, this results in every player getting removed from the instance). The player returned shortly after, very apolagetic about his disconnect and given he was very friendly the group decided to retry the DRM. Took 3 more "disconnects" at the boss for people to realize what a troll they had on their hands. Talk about a sad human being out to only make other players game experience worse.

@"Cyninja.2954" said:There could be an alternative to the system we have now, but that would cause just as many issues as it would solve.

As mentioned by others, we had a group leader system when the game launched (this can be unrelated to the instance ownership which was also present at launch. A group leader dc could be handled in many ways today). It worked better in some cases, and worse in other cases.

Suffice to say, it was abusable and was abused occasionally. Giving control over the group to 1 player means he can not only kick afk players, he can kick any one he wants.

Raids require a far larger amount of organization, as such a central role or players being in charge makes sense. Fractals still have a majority vote system, which works in most scenarios except for fringe cases. Most other content is simply not difficult enough nor does it require this amount of organization to warrant handing over control to 1 player.

That said, a friend of mine has already encounter a new type of trolling and this clearly shows what issues arise with "ownership" or control of 1 player over the party:A player who opened a dragon response mission disconnected at the very end (and given the current instance ownership, this results in every player getting removed from the instance). The player returned shortly after, very apolagetic about his disconnect and given he was very friendly the group decided to retry the DRM. Took 3 more "disconnects" at the boss for people to realize what a troll they had on their hands. Talk about a sad human being out to only make other players game experience worse.

So not one time of these 4 tries anyone else spoke up to start the instance?

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:There could be an alternative to the system we have now, but that would cause just as many issues as it would solve.

So not one time of these 4 tries anyone else spoke up to start the instance?

I wasn't there. I can't tell you how this exactly transpired. The player who was "disconnecting" was the original group leader. Obviously with hindsight and 4 "disconnects" it seems obvious that some one else should have opened the instance.

Given every player stuck around, they were confident in the party leader not intentionally leading them on. I'm sure each of them will be more distrusting in the future.

The thing is, why does it exist on raids/strikes missions and not fractals/Dragon response mission ? Why create such a difference ?

Moreover, the system is still abused. I've been more than once abused this way in fractal CMs, peoples of a guild coming in my group in LFG, clearing everything, and kicking at less than 5% of the final boss health.

@Xethal.7180 said:The thing is, why does it exist on raids/strikes missions and not fractals/Dragon response mission ? Why create such a difference ?

Moreover, the system is still abused. I've been more than once abused this way in fractal CMs, peoples of a guild coming in my group in LFG, clearing everything, and kicking at less than 5% of the final boss health.

People will always find ways to abuse this systems, but why should it get easier for them.The Raid-system (which is also used for strikes) was abused too, but then anet added mechanics to remove most issues. Now you can't kick people during fights and prevent them from getting their loot (because the important things were added as bouncing chests), but the way dungeons and fractals work, this won't help much there.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Linken.6345 said:Would be nice if anet somehow invented group markers like the commander tag squad markers but for groups that all could set without being the boss.

I'm not so sure that adding yet another marker (commander, catmander, mentor) wouldn't clutter things up more than they already are?

Yea if you read what i said wasent talking about the mark over head at all.Was saying the alt 1- meaning the arrow, circle, heart etc would be nice if can be used in group by anyone to mark things like the graveling mounds in ascalon path 1 for example.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Linken.6345 said:Would be nice if anet somehow invented group markers like the commander tag squad markers but for groups that all could set without being the boss.

I'm not so sure that adding yet another marker (commander, catmander, mentor) wouldn't clutter things up more than they already are?

Yea if you read what i said wasent talking about the mark over head at all.Was saying the alt 1- meaning the arrow, circle, heart etc would be nice if can be used in group by anyone to mark things like the graveling mounds in ascalon path 1 for example.

I was thinking more about marks on the mini map rather than overhead.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@"Ronan.9518" said:And given that we had a grp leader system (always the one who opened a grp) at the beginning of the game (which in some cases got abused like mentioned above, kicking all others close to the end of a dungeon just to refill with friends/guildmates) that arena-net moved away from, I don't see why they ever would implement that again.Exactly this.Interesting, coming from two other games much more "toxic" and with a lot more "p2w" that had this feature, I never saw that happening in years, not once.

@"Hesione.9412" said:In addition, what would happen if the group leader dc'd during the fractal/dungeon?They would be given at least a couple minutes of tolerance to return, during which time the party would have to wait or keep on by themselves; defeating a boss within the "tolerance" window would have the leader's loot mailed to them, not all of it but a portion of it. Since they often spend longer than that waiting around and rounding people up for the instance.

@kharmin.7683 said:

I was thinking more about marks on the mini map rather than overhead.

You do know that the commander markers that I want to be able to used by groups with my comment show on the mini map right?

@Perisemiotics.4579 said:

@"Ronan.9518" said:And given that we had a grp leader system (always the one who opened a grp) at the beginning of the game (which in some cases got abused like mentioned above, kicking all others close to the end of a dungeon just to refill with friends/guildmates) that arena-net moved away from, I don't see why they ever would implement that again.Exactly this.Interesting, coming from two other games much more "toxic" and with a lot more "p2w" that had this feature, I never saw that happening in years, not once.

Were you around GW2 before Anet changed this?