sPvP Engineer Balance Suggestions

Vombs.5917

Core:Explosive Entrance - First attack in combat proc removed. Now refreshes from evading instead of dodge roll.Juggernaut - Stability duration reduced to seconds.Anticorrosion Plating - Protection now applies barrier (500) instead of cleansing.Medical Dispersion Field - Healing shared to allies increased to 50%.Acid Bomb - No longer unblockable.Elixir S - Replaced with Elixir E.Elite Mortar Kit - Radius reduced to 180.Flash Shell - Blind interval increased to 2 seconds.Scrapper:Impact Savant - Now affects allies in 360 radius instead of yourself.System Shocker - Now affects allies.Holosmith:Photon Forge - Endurance regeneration reduced by 50% while in photon forge.Holo Leap - Cool down increased to 8 seconds.

Elixir S is the only invouln an engineer has and would be a major hit to core, since the elites has lots of other evades that core miss. Deleting it would kill a big utility aspect of even taking the engineer into combat over other already better classes.

I dont care about the rest and say no to all of it on that alone because its so typical of what Anet would actually do.

Someone has been getting pwnd by an engi me thinks. Most of these things arent overly OPP but flash shell and Elixir S are good for safe stomping. I think someone got stompped XD. ACP is one of the only ways to focus on an meaningful condi clear and it forces you to take a pretty lackluster trait line. This list is... how did I put it, lackluster?

@"Vombs.5917" said:Core:Explosive Entrance - First attack in combat proc removed. Now refreshes from evading instead of dodge roll.Juggernaut - Stability duration reduced to seconds.Anticorrosion Plating - Protection now applies barrier (500) instead of cleansing.Medical Dispersion Field - Healing shared to allies increased to 50%.Acid Bomb - No longer unblockable.Elixir S - Replaced with Elixir E.Elite Mortar Kit - Radius reduced to 180.Flash Shell - Blind interval increased to 2 seconds.Scrapper:Impact Savant - Now affects allies in 360 radius instead of yourself.System Shocker - Now affects allies.Holosmith:Photon Forge - Endurance regeneration reduced by 50% while in photon forge.Holo Leap - Cool down increased to 8 seconds.

I don't agree with most of these changes.

Explosive Entrance: This wouldn't do much at all considering how much dodging currently exists in this meta (thanks sigil of energy/big vigor uptime thanks to forge 2). Then there's also the tools GM trait that grants faster regeneration.

Juggernaut: The issue isn't Juggernaut's stab. Taking Firearms puts you at a serious disadvantage if you're not fully core, due to the fact that you have to give up a very powerful trait combo; Alchemy + Inventions.

Anti-corrosion Plating: No, this would be a horrible change and severely cripple potential condition clear. As well, without Alchemy, Inventions would be 100% dead after this change. Right now it's at least 2% capable of coming out alive, which is better than 0.

Medical Dispersion Field: In pve this might be a nice change, in pvp not too sure. Would have to theorycraft a bit more to see what the potential damage/benefit would be.

Acid Bomb: No, this would cripple Engineer too much again. Necro can have unblockable marks, and Warrior can have 10 stacks of unblockable on a buff that has a short cooldown. Acid bomb is fine as is.

Elixir S: No, the cooldown is proportionate with its effect, it's fine as is.

Elite Mortar Kit: I'm fine with radius reductions for these skills, so this change would be welcome.

Flash Shell: This could be a good change, or just reduce the amount of time the field lasts. either one would be a good change I think.

Impact Savant: Not sure how I feel about this. I think Impact Savant is meant more for dueling, being more of a selfish skill. Giving everyone else barrier in a radius could really make them much stronger in teamfight situations, and what comes to mind is world vs world. There it would be cancer.

System Shocker: Working in tandum with Bulwark Gyro, this could create a big barrier issue, especially if you mass CC multiple enemies (that would be a ton of barrier generation for allies, again looking at it from a WvW perspective). I don't think this would be a good change.

Photon Forge Endurance regen decrease: This would probably neuter holo entirely. They are already punished very hard for overheating, I don't think it would make sense to punish them for being inside Forge as well, but I think I see where you may be coming from (give vs take, more damage in forge but less endurance). I think a better action to take would be to reduce the Laser's Edge trait granting 15% more damage while in forge (22.5 in ECSU) to 10% regular (15% in ECSU).

Holo Leap: This would be an interesting change, however I'm not sure. If anything, since this is a low cooldown gap closer skill, i'd further reduce its coefficient so it's not overloaded with benefits. On top of that, the aforementioned reduction of the passive Laser's Edge would also help in decreasing some of the raw power they can output with their ability to stick to targets.

I hope this detailed explanation of why I don't agree with many of your suggestions was helpful to present a new light and to encourage some more thought on the matters at hand.