Are you excited for the Champions finale, including today's patch?

Michram.6853

I love living world and the way we get bits on content to break things up. I loved LW4 made Vision trinket, etc.

Originally, I wanted to like Saga. I dd Bjora a fair amount, did most of the AP, but I noticed it had more grindy ap than usual, then each episode the basic AP and MPs seems to become expensive an grindy (needing to craft whole sets of skins I may not even want that cost a shitload). Now, for the first time since starting playing gw2 almost 9 years ago I just dont care. I skipped Drizzlewood because I can get gold without grinding and the AP is scares amd the MPs and meta achievement require doing things like crafting expensive shit. So well, fuck that. So I have pretty much been blowing off Saga ever since Drizzlewood's 2nd part dropped and became apparent what a waste of time it would be if I dont plan to do the crafting and grind the map ALLOT JUST FOR MASTERY POINTS THAT ARE ONLY USEFUL TO GRIND THAT MAP MORE. Talk about pointless circular hampster trail of bullshit OMG.

So at this point I find myself unable care about Saga.

Also unless Anet can follow up on what they said they would do for balance (MORE NOT NONE), address the whorrible template system and how it doesnt really work fo legendary weapons properly so now I prefer ascended weapons cause they are more conventient than legendary since you can swap them and not have to apply all the sigils and infusions EACH time OMG. Also one dodge mirage needs to be reverted. Otherwise I could honeslt give a shit about fucking EoD too.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:I think it's good enough, at least we know there is some more effort put into the maps this time around.

We do?Were did this info get released?

The fact that the instance in Lake Doric isn't just the same map, but the water is back and frozen over. It's changed, so definitely more work done than just sectioning the map alone.

@Hypnowulf.7403 said:Isn't that surprising?

I mean, mathematically you have to account for who visits and forum and why. In any community the majority of forum-goers are going to be those who complain and wish to dominate with their will by being the loudest possible. That's the top spot covered, then. What I find interesting is how close it is even if we account for the differential of voices on an Internet forum. Usually, those who post on a forum don't do so with positive intent.

Adjusted for that, this is a surprisingly positive outcome. Interesting! I figured thatt this content was more popular than the consensus of the forum would think but there's a growing voice of positivity here contrary to that. That's what I find so fascinating. I expected the complainants to dominate the polls, which ultimately they did but not by the margin I'd expected before seeing the results. Hmm! How interesting that is.

Not really. It's an odd poll with far too many options to make it clear cut either way. So far the two most negative opinions are dominating far and away the more positve one when combined, but that depends how you want to extrapolate the data.

We could say in this case the forums are where the more loyal players are, so there will be the most hope. Those who have given up wont post either way. Interestingly enough having seen opinions on Twitter (where LS is usually very well received) and in game chatter and other places, the forums have no been more vocal in negative opinion towards the previous chapter.

This poll seems to focus less on complaints and more on hope than anything else and loyal forum regulars will realistically have the greater desire for the game to improve. I don't think it's an indication at all that players are enjoying it (and the poll roughly shows that to an extent)

More closed instances are needed: strikes, dungeons, fractal, raids and prizes worth striving for.This game is 8 years old and the skins you can collect are few for a product that's been on the market for so many years.I've been helping a friend for the last 3 months and we've finished everything in this game

After the last 2 releases (or was that 1 release in 2 parts...) there hasn't been enough to be excited by, I am not expecting anything. Considering how badly the launch of Truce went, anything can be better, but even then I don't put that expectation on Anet.

What would be nice is if the content and rewards are good enough to be replayable to get the achievements, something I couldn't be bothered to do so far.

If Anet treats this content like fluff before the expac then as a player, I will also treat it like fluff.

@Sibila.5463 said:More closed instances are needed: strikes, dungeons, fractal, raids and prizes worth striving for.This game is 8 years old and the skins you can collect are few for a product that's been on the market for so many years.I've been helping a friend for the last 3 months and we've finished everything in this game

Dang all legendaries in 3 months?

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:I think it's good enough, at least we know there is some more effort put into the maps this time around.

Definitely, I think maps till Jormag Rising were very engaging with various events, activities, meta events like Drakkar or once Claw of Jormag's meta was fixed, it feels like a nice and rewarding experience.As for Champions I think changing the way parts of core maps look is definitely a cool idea, and making them instanced won't make a mess in the future with all those ambushes when new players start playing - something that probably looks weird when a new player sees entangled places by mordremoth or mordrems, while doing story with Zhaitan.

Still I hope a new location will be added in Judgment - 4th chapter.

The quality of music also definitely adds so much to locations like Alpine Marches, Eagle Flight, and battle music in Drizzlewood Coasts and more

I think the frozen Lake Doric will exist only inside the DRM accessed trough the asuran portal in EoTN. The real Lake Doric map will stay untouched.

I think it's great. This could also set a precedent where they make more instances that do this. I can't recall any other time they have done this and it could help open up more stuff in the future, because instead of making a full map and having it fully functional they can isolate parts of it and change those.

For a start it could be a way to bring back Season 1: have instanced versions of those maps, or the relevant parts of the map, with the season 1 storyline stuff going on.

That could enable them to bring back the whole thing, instead of a few random fragments like we've gotten so far.Visions of the Past resurrecting the S1 missions showed me that the content is objectively awful and should have zero resources devoted to making it playable again.When I think about all the hits and misses for IBS, no misstep stands out to me more than the rehashed season 1 material. Spending the time and money to get this content live again would be a pretty clear signal from Arenanet that it was time for me to take my time and money elsewhere.

@"Sibila.5463" said:More closed instances are needed: strikes, dungeons, fractal, raids and prizes worth striving for.This game is 8 years old and the skins you can collect are few for a product that's been on the market for so many years.I've been helping a friend for the last 3 months and we've finished everything in this game

Closed instances does not an MMO make. I don't think that GW2 "needs" more of them at the cost of no other open world content (or competitive content for that matter). I won't argue against having closed instances in addition to other content, though. It seems to have its appeal, although to what extent only Anet has the metrics to define.

Three months and have finished everything? You have all of the possible achievements? That's amazing.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Sibila.5463 said:More closed instances are needed: strikes, dungeons, fractal, raids and prizes worth striving for.This game is 8 years old and the skins you can collect are few for a product that's been on the market for so many years.I've been helping a friend for the last 3 months and we've finished everything in this game

Dang all legendaries in 3 months?

Legendaries barely provide any value tho D: unless you like the skins or attempt some real tryhard min/maxing, considering most meta builds revolve around 2 stats for dps and 2 stats for support builds.

While this latest chapter was far better than the previous release, story- and DRM-wise, it still has to deliver a good finale for me to forgive the "Truce" fiasco. Also, picking "Forging Steel" as the daily for this community event week is a terrible choice, as it's boring, repetitive content that many players have already finished achievement-wise and no longer need nor want to play daily.

P.S. Still intrigued to see how Ryland will finally be done with, that annoying brat.

@"Ashantara.8731" said:While this latest chapter was far better than the previous release, story- and DRM-wise, it still has to deliver a good finale for me to forgive the "Truce" fiasco. Also, picking "Forging Steel" as the daily for this community event week is a terrible choice, as it's boring, repetitive content that many players have already finished achievement-wise and no longer need nor want to play daily.

P.S. Still intrigued to see how Ryland will finally be done with, that annoying brat.

Many of us haven't completed the achievements though, so Forged with Steel daily is a great choice for us. It's also better and more interesting than every single one of the DRMs. Would have much preferred more in that style.

@Blocki.4931 said:

We do?Were did this info get released?

The fact that the instance in Lake Doric isn't just the same map, but the water is back and frozen over. It's changed, so definitely more work done than just sectioning the map alone.Well, that map was here since the previous subchapter already. The first part of the Champions episode had already 10 DRM instances included - it's just 7 of them were locked. So, if anything, they put way
less
effort into maps this time around, since they did not make
any
new one.