Raise the sell price limit on the trading post

@"Stormcrow.7513" said:Hard no....

That's not how discussing anything works, what you said could be helpful if you could justify why you think it's a "hard no". Otherwise you might as well just draw some cards with "yes"/"no" from a hat.

...still interested why anet can't just tell us what's their reasoning for this tp cap.

• Confused 1

They shouldn't raise the max price limit. Nothing is really worth more than 10,000 gold and nothing ever should go for more than that on the official market. As we all know by now, there are very few individuals hoarding all the high priced items. One person probably has 50 chak infusions by themselves, or more! It's a free market on the trading post so idk how anet can intervene in these situations, but i think taking a hard stance on NOT RAISING THE PRICE LIMIT is in the direction of ways to go. So it should remain 10,000. Not more than that. raising it even more only encourages them to hoard because they at least have to go through the hassel of trading items for more than that through round-about means.

@Psientist.6437 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:Sure, they could increase the taxe for the item priced above 10k to 20% then increase it to 30% for the item above 50k, then 40% for the item at 100k and above... etc. And with only 50% refund if the item is removed by the player that put it on the trading post? Wouldn't it be a lovely middle point?

Except no one would use TP for high priced items than. People that deal with large sums already try to avoid TP to avoid tax.

So why raise the cap? People already avoid it to avoid tax.

Plus this way, everything above 10k will be ingame mail and can be easier flagged as suspicious.

The cap is therefore not going to change.

Let me see if I understand.Every Big Spender is willing to work outside the EULA and implicate themselves in Thyrian tax evasion so we should make that the only option for anything trading naturally above the trade service limit.Big Spender demand above the trade service limit can be considered suspicious.Are you implying that the studio designed the drop rates for some infusions with these ideas in mind?

No, just the opposite,

I would imagine that those who work outside the EULA are likely to be Big Spenders. That innocent Big Spenders have to deal with limitations because of that might be unfortunate, but in the interest of all players.

• 1 month later...

@Astralporing.1957 said:

I am glad Arenanet understands the situation.Well, you wanted to remove the cap, and yet it's still there, so this suggests that at least on some points you and Anet are
not
on the same page.

...And what has just happened to chak and confetti infusion suggests that even more strongly.

So what are the drop rate values now? Because until we know, this change might be huge (doubt) or an absolutely irrelevant one.

• Confused 1