Can we talk about how broken scrapper is?

Ovark.2514

@Kuma.1503 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:snip

Heal Tempest >>> Heal Scrapper in PvP. Heal scrapper doesn't offer it's team much other than spam cleanses, and Tempest easily accomplishes that with less effort thanks to smothering auras + soldier/trooper rune. It's not terribly difficult to train down a support scrapper because it generally runs 1 stunbreak tops (Elixir Gun toolbelt). It needs to be in close proximity to it's allies to heal which means forcing it to kite greatly limits its ability to support its team. Meanwhile Tempest can kite and support by simply spamming auras.

Heal Scrapper >>> Heal Tempest in WvW. In fact that's my problem with it. I wish it wasn' t so good in WvW so that Anet couldn't use that as an excuse to let it suck in other game modes. This is the first time in a while that it's been better than Holo as a dps bruiser in PvP, and that's literally it's whole schtick. There's very little reason to ever run one, dps or support in PvE. Even as a noob carry, heal scourge does the job 10x better.

Did you actually watch the recent tournament?...There was like a single ele...and it was a tanky weaver played by @Blam ...who didn't accomplish anything all match and his team lost miserably

-Tempest is no more meta-It got easily replaced by Healbreaker and Scrapper

"Support by simply spamming auras"?...I think you should jump on Healbreak and see for yourself what survives better and heal for more on top of better condi clear for the whole team.....I mean do you see any team dropping a Healbreaker for a tempest?

I think you missed the memo where Tempest got nerfed several times during the last few months , the only reason teams had to use Tempest was the "Glyph revival bug", with OF and mistform CD almost doubled, TOP teams had little reasons to run an ele instead than a Warrior or engi fro support

Also.....Aura effect are melee range so dunno where you took your "Kite away and support" strategy from

Heal Tempest >>> Heal Scrapper in PvP. Heal scrapper doesn't offer it's team much other than spam cleanses, and Tempest easily accomplishes that with less effort thanks to smothering auras + soldier/trooper rune. It's not terribly difficult to train down a support scrapper because it generally runs 1 stunbreak tops (Elixir Gun toolbelt). It needs to be in close proximity to it's allies to heal which means forcing it to kite greatly limits its ability to support its team. Meanwhile Tempest can kite and support by simply spamming auras.

Heal Scrapper >>> Heal Tempest in WvW. In fact that's my problem with it. I wish it wasn' t so good in WvW so that Anet couldn't use that as an excuse to let it suck in other game modes. This is the first time in a while that it's been better than Holo as a dps bruiser in PvP, and that's literally it's whole schtick. There's very little reason to ever run one, dps or support in PvE. Even as a noob carry, heal scourge does the job 10x better.

Did you actually watch the recent tournament?...There was like a single ele...and it was a tanky weaver played by @Blam ...who didn't accomplish anything all match and his team lost miserably

"Support by simply spamming auras"?...I think you should jump on Healbreak and see for yourself what survives better and heal for more on top of better condi clear for the whole team.....I mean do you see any team dropping a Healbreaker for a tempest?

I think you missed the memo where Tempest got nerfed several times during the last few months , the only reason teams had to use Tempest was the "Glyph revival bug", with OF and mistform CD almost doubled, TOP teams had little reasons to run an ele instead than a Warrior or engi fro support

Also.....
Aura effect are melee range
so dunno where you took your "Kite away and support" strategy from

Aurashare and Warrior shouts are same range 600 and they are both main way of supporting your team. Tempest is not a bad support but currently Warrior is just stronger because its harder to kill. Core support guardian might be better than tempest as well. Both guard and warrior have high armor value while ele has low and in power meta that is pretty important. Scrapper is not a support you can play it but its very bad. Scrapper is sidenode bunker with good damage output and utility in form of strong rezes. About tempest nerfs, glyph interrupt cooldown reseting on attunement swap, being able to cast glyph while mistformed and mistform cd being increase from 60 to 75 (doubled btw) were sizable nerfs but it was not the reason warrior became played over it. Support warrior was just not well known and played by few people in soloq. But realistically support warrior would still be better than Tempest at the time of MOTA. Reaper, power thief, nades holo all heavy power damage builds and only condi build was condi rev which was sidenoding so ele didn't meet it much and sometimes core necro. Ele rez signet is mostly better than banner because banner can be blinded blocked ect even after the mentioned tempest nerfs. Warrior just outputs more healing, has boonstrip, shares some really good boons (resistance), does good damage if played properly, is very tanky vs power damage, has a block, has team cleanse and is mobile. Tempest has some better utility in form of shocking and reflect aura it has invun but big problem is being forced into either earth or fire. Fire gives good cleanse for team while earth makes it tanky vs power and gives protection to teammates. But usually you don't face full power or full condi so you will always have a weakness to one form of damage.

Fireweaver however is really good at the moment. If you think Blam did nothing in that AT you have poor understanding of the game. Fireweaver should normally not die in any 1v1 and pressures people of node in most match ups. It also has very good sustain and can survive +1 often. When scrapper is nerfed Fireweaver will be the go to sidenoder in competitive unless people are not willing to pick it up even though it is not hard to play. Maybe strength spellbreaker will be played since it can kill fireweaver.

Also.....

600 radius is melee range? For context, that's the radius of pre-nerf holographic shockwave. People compained til the cows came home about how that skill CC'ed people who were nowhere near the intended target. Why does the narrative on these things always shift when it's convenient.

DPS scrapper is currently very good at the moment. It has some team support with Elixir R, Elixir Gun, and Gyros, but that's a very different build than Med-kit heal scrapper. It's needs to face you to land med blaster (very difficult if not impossible while kiting) Bandage toss needs to be shotgunned. You need to be on top of the target you want to heal in order to land your 3-5-4 combo in med kit. The only heals scrapper has from range is a slight regen-like effect from Egun 5 or Mortar 5.

So long as it can stack with its team it's good to go, but its support drops off if it's forced on the defensive. A far cry from heal tempest who can at least kite (within 600 range of allies) while spamming auras.

Also.....

600 radius is melee range? For context, that's the radius of pre-nerf holographic shockwave. People compained til the cows came home about how that skill CC'ed people who were
nowhere near the intended target
. Why does the narrative on these things always shift when it's convenient.

DPS scrapper is currently very good at the moment. It has some team support with Elixir R, Elixir Gun, and Gyros, but that's a very different build than Med-kit heal scrapper. It's needs to face you to land med blaster (very difficult if not impossible while kiting) Bandage toss needs to be shotgunned. You need to be on top of the target you want to heal in order to land your 3-5-4 combo in med kit. The only heals scrapper has from range is a slight regen-like effect from Egun 5 or Mortar 5.

So long as it can stack with its team it's good to go, but its support drops off if it's forced on the defensive. A far cry from heal tempest who can at least kite (within 600 range of allies) while spamming auras.

Rather than end up in a fruitless discussion about the difference between aura share and shouts , I want to point out that I am not interested in any nerf of buffs for engi, I am merely correcting those people who mentioned Tempest in this thread while spreading disinformation , about the spec being the best in the game ; clearly at this point that misinformation has been rectified and that's it.

This game would have been much better off if people would have used a different approach : the vast majority of times, a spec is deemed OP due to the mechanical limitations of the player themselves.

Under no circumstances should a class/spec be nerfed because people find it unfair to fight against it, some times a spec truly is OP because it does too much in that particular role but other times....players simply want to have an easy target to kill and so they ask for nerfs, at least under this aspec the devs agree with me as they said on stream.....if people want a "fair fight" based solely on the abilities of the individual...they should play CHESS and not a MMO...but I doubt that many would be ready to accept the harsh truth of life : "they are not God's chosen"

I remain of the opinion that : people ask for nerfs so actively as a last ditch effort to increase their mechanical skill aka.....it's easy to consider yourself a TOP player when the builds you face can't effectively hurt let alone defeat you..

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Noah Salazar.5430" said:Scrapper is Brusher roleWhy do I see before me a scrapper prancing around on the battlefield with a brush trying to brush everyones hair while they run terrifed into corners, trying to hide from him. After a while they see a Charr come hobbling out from a capture point, with positively shining hair in elaborate braids inlined with gold and silver just bawling his eyes out "I HAD A MOHAWK...".

I just got dead by daylight, and now I want to play it... haha