Permit everything, you had to put 7 ACHIEVEMENTS ASKING TO DO 5 TIME EACH DRM WITH ALL CHALLENGES

hugo.4705

A8mCIy1.jpg The Top dragon responders.

In addition of that, more annoying weapons recipes collecting and collection crafting. REALLY YOU HAD NOTHING BETTER TO OFFER?Is it TOO HARD, to put as example an achiev asking you to COLLECT ITEMS in each DRM that way it can be done in ONE RUN?Is it TOO HARD, to put achievement behind easy achievable things like play 5 times with the deldrimor dwarves as helping faction or an achiev asking you to kill 50 destroyers?

Those missions are annoying as hell, not because it is a bad concept, not because it looks bad, but because mechanics STINKS:-FRICKIN HELPING ALLIES THAT GET KILLED IN TWO SHOT!-BUNCHES OF IDIOT NPCS STAYING AT STARTING DRM AREA NOT EVEN HELPING WITH BOSSES!!-NOT A GOOD SCALING IF YOU ARE ALONE IN PRIVATE!-CHALLENGES NOT EVEN AVAILABLE IN PUBLIC INSTANCES, WHY ANNOYING EVERYONE TO GO PRIVATE?!

You added those dragon responders achievs like you are expecting players to make groups and do all thoses with challenges on, you really think I gonna do them?

Answer : NO see:

2EGe6Uv.jpg

Congratulation btw you already turned the LFG into requirement fests for strikes, and even better, not even groups for your DRMS that clearly show it stinks: You are basically asking players to do 7 unnacessible achievmements since they can't find challenges runs on LFG and you are preventing them to get the new emote. (ahha cause nobody want to experience those DRM more than one time, understandable) Because nope, nobody gonna complete the stupid expensive weapons collections too.

THE DRM ARE ALREADY A PAIN, LONG, AND REWARD POOR CONTENT. WHY DOING THAT INSTEAD OF FRACTALS OR RIBA OR DRAGONFALL?!!

aMzsbcE.jpg

SO WELP, YOU WON IT WHOEVER MADE THOSE ABOBINATIONS: I'M NOT GONNA BUY ANYTHING ON GEMSTORE SINCE NOW, AND I'M NOT GONNA BUY EOD UNTIL THOSE CRAPPY DRMS GET FIXED.

Until then, I take a break from the game that is worst than even and that release that hurt more the players and that game than helping it.

READ THAT Achievement list again designers:"Stretch Goals"-Primordius Rising (story completion) => OK-Defending Tyria (story completion) => OK-Rising Flames (story completion) => OK-Champions Insight: Metrica Province (Mastery point) => OK-Champions Insight: Gandarran Fields (Mastery point) => OK-Champions Insight: Brisban Wildlands (Mastery point) => OK-Champions Insight: Fields of Ruin (Mastery point) => OK-Champions Insight: Thunderhead Keep (Mastery point) => OK-Champions Insight: Lake Doric (Mastery point) => OK-Champions Insight: Snowen Drifts (Mastery point) => OK-Emergency Dragon Responder: Metrica Province (Completing the DRM) => OK-Emergency Dragon Responder: Gandarran Fields (Completing the DRM) => OK-Emergency Dragon Responder: Brisban Wildlands (Completing the DRM) => OK-Emergency Dragon Responder: Fields of Ruin (Completing the DRM) => OK-Emergency Dragon Responder: Thunderhead Keep (Completing the DRM) => OK-Emergency Dragon Responder: Lake Doric (Completing the DRM) => OK-Emergency Dragon Responder: Snowen Drifts (Completing the DRM) => OK-Top Dragon Responder: Metrica Province (Completing the DRM) => IMPOSSIBLE-Top Dragon Responder: Gandarran Fields (Completing the DRM) => IMPOSSIBLE-Top Dragon Responder: Brisban Wildlands (Completing the DRM) => IMPOSSIBLE-Top Dragon Responder: Fields of Ruin (Completing the DRM) => IMPOSSIBLE-Top Dragon Responder: Thunderhead Keep (Completing the DRM) => IMPOSSIBLE-Top Dragon Responder: Lake Doric (Completing the DRM) => IMPOSSIBLE-Top Dragon Responder: Snowen Drifts (Completing the DRM) => IMPOSSIBLE-Shooting stars: IMPOSSIBLE-Killer Waves: IMPOSSIBLE-No more sacrifices: IMPOSSIBLE-Dragon slayer arms master: IMPOSSIBLE-Dragon slayer weapons collector: IMPOSSIBLE-Crystal Bloom Supporter: OK-Ebon Vanguard Supporter: OK-Deldrimor Supporter: OK-Exalted Supporter: OK-Dragon Ice Infuser: IMPOSSIBLE-Azure Dragon Slayer weapon collection: IMPOSSIBLE-Dragon Fire Infuser: IMPOSSIBLE-Crimson Dragon Slayer weapon collection: IMPOSSIBLE-Swift Cleanup = OK-Jormag World = OK

SO 23 out of the 31 achievs required for the new emote!!!!!

When I write impossible is it is really impossible for someone not finding groups to run challenges, or struggling because without guild.All the weapons collections can't be achieved because it either require you to farm the annoying DRM to get tokens to exchange against recipes.About the weapons themselves, having so low droprates prevent you from getting the achievement.NOT A LOT OF PLAYERS GONNA REPLAY THE DRMS, AND IF THEY DO, IT'S IN PUBLIC INSTANCE! So they can't complete any of the top responder or achievs relying on challenges like killer waves or shooting stars. Also if creating private, you can bet the group gonna put requirement like role required or KP preventing even more players doing challenge in private instance.

SO NOT GONNA GET THE NEW EMOTE APPARENTLY, ANGRY, THANKS FOR DOING THIS, REALLY, VERY COOL.

So this release get a 4 / 20 CAUSE I CAN'T EVEN HAVE THE EPISODE / CHAPTER REWARD!!!

AND REALLY, what is this story of timers?!!! it is impossible to get any of those done in timer with all CMS, you SHOULD AT LEAST ADD 5 MINS TO EACH TIMER! Have you tries snowen drift DRM all challenges and field of ruins DRM all challenges?!! SEEMS NOT.

• Like 1

They know this is cheap copy/paste content that most of us are extremely dissapointed in, so in this way, they artificially try to keep this sub par content alive.Which is obviously not working at all. Without a group of friends, they are the same as Strikes: dead for the average player.

I am extremely dissapointed. These new DRMs are... Not even worth mentioning.

Take a deeeeep breath. ;)

You need 31 of those achievements to get the Emote (tier 1). The total number of meta achievements is 39 (!).

The new DRMs are at least more challenging than the crappy first three.

The Top Dragon Responder achievements are not impossible! :lol: You only have to do them 5 times each, that's all.

I have to agree that there should be a proper solo mode. I have about a dozen active characters and still have not put all of them through Drizzlewood and the first three DRMs. You know how annoying it is to rely on group content for story progress, ANet? - Extremely annoying. (Unless you play with only 1 character, that is.)

Holy WvW Alliances!

I have never thought they turned a LW chapter to this... I mean, this whole season is very difficult to defend.

Maybe it is because we compare with previous one, LS2 and LS3 feel connected and even the death of Kralkatoric was the climax of GW2. Even when the mount farms were a mess....

There is a great drop of quality in all this Icebrood Saga.

A couple of the new CM DRMs seemed over-tuned. This is when comparing them against the first three and the audience that the LS is marketed towards.

One major issue that I'm seeing is how Anet is designing private DRMs to be story instances rather than instances used for dungeons, fractals, strikes, and raids. If someone leaves the group, you pretty much have to abandon the entire instance as someone new cannot join.

@"hugo.4705" said:Congratulation btw you already turned the LFG into requirement fests for strikes, and even better, not even groups for your DRMS that clearly show it stinks: You are basically asking players to do 7 unnacessible achievmements since they can't find challenges runs on LFG and you are preventing them to get the new emote. (ahha cause nobody want to experience those DRM more than one time, understandable)

Btw DRM lfg are put in "Champions" lfg not in strike one... So, maybe look at the right place?

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:A couple of the new CM DRMs seemed over-tuned.

No they really aren't.

You're saying that the Snowden one isn't? Such a wide area around the boss gets frequently covered in AoE which can instantly down you. In order to get around this you either need to attack from range the entire time or avoid the AoEs with a precision that isn't even expected of players in raids.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

No they really aren't.

You're saying that the Snowden one isn't? Such a wide area around the boss gets frequently covered in AoE which can instantly down you. In order to get around this you either need to attack from range the entire time or avoid the AoEs with a precision that isn't even expected of players in raids.

I found the Snowden the second easiest DRM... You just stand in a white field or between aoe. Or dodge after a couple of seconds.The easiest one is Lake Doric, I'd say.

I'm worried about the things like Crystal Bloom Supporter. If you're like me and didn't get all the crystals done before they were locked away, suddenly 3 achievements are removed from the list and it becomes much harder to do. This wouldn't have been an issue if this was shown before they were removed... but locked away parts of the meta achievement because time moved on is the exact opposite of the philosophy of these living story chapters. Why make some achievements required after they are no longer accessible? I would love to be proven wrong because as of writing this I cannot find where to get more crystal bloom support tickets.

@nopinopa.4861 said:

No they really aren't.

I found the Snowden the second easiest DRM... You just stand in a white field or between aoe. Or dodge after a couple of seconds.The easiest one is Lake Doric, I'd say.

I haven't done Lake Doric yet. Thunderhead was good assuming people use the spears when the breakbar is up.

I'll have to look for the white field. It was difficult to see the AoEs at times and the game camera was having issues at certain angles. What's being asked for that CM just isn't something I would expect to be asked of the demographic that does story instance and open world content.

@Skyeraid.3470 said:I'm worried about the things like Crystal Bloom Supporter. If you're like me and didn't get all the crystals done before they were locked away, suddenly 3 achievements are removed from the list and it becomes much harder to do. This wouldn't have been an issue if this was shown before they were removed... but locked away parts of the meta achievement because time moved on is the exact opposite of the philosophy of these living story chapters. Why make some achievements required after they are no longer accessible? I would love to be proven wrong because as of writing this I cannot find where to get more crystal bloom support tickets.

You can buy the crystal bloom supply boxes even now, you just need that currency from drm. I believe, 1 box for 15 seals, and you need 10 boxes.

@nopinopa.4861 said:

@Skyeraid.3470 said:I'm worried about the things like Crystal Bloom Supporter. If you're like me and didn't get all the crystals done before they were locked away, suddenly 3 achievements are removed from the list and it becomes much harder to do. This wouldn't have been an issue if this was shown before they were removed... but locked away parts of the meta achievement because time moved on is the exact opposite of the philosophy of these living story chapters. Why make some achievements required after they are no longer accessible? I would love to be proven wrong because as of writing this I cannot find where to get more crystal bloom support tickets.

You can buy the crystal bloom supply boxes even now, you just need that currency from drm. I believe, 1 box for 15 seals, and you need 10 boxes.

I completely overlooked that. Thank you so much!

First of all, cms were meant to form a cohesive group to finish them. I don’t believe you have to finish all these achievements to get shiver as there are plenty others to do. Second, DrMs don’t go in LFG for strikes. Try under living world, ice brood saga, champions. Sometimes I see CM groups in there. If not, it takes 5 seconds to post for your own group. There will never be a group unless one gets started by someone. Soloing is totally doable without rezzing the npcs. I ignored them and completed all 4 new drms solo today. You’re not required to keep them alive. Such a lengthy post for nothing it seems.

The principle of DRMs would be actually great, if they were just a new form of group content, that ideally should be available for all players early from around lvl 20 (scaling), as an alternative for leveling instead of map hears.
But as a story chapter, hidden deep in the late game, they are just underwhelming and disappointing.

Icebrood Saga started really strong in building up story. First a prologue, then a horror-chapter for creating suspense,etc .. but when the story starts taking off, suddenly everything is scrapped down and all we got is short texts in a DRM, with most happening offscreen. sad :(

Seems these missions makes it feel like Grind Wars 2 LOL. Been here since the first public beta, and it's kinda disappointing to how this living story saga turned out. Arenanet you really should have had a new map to explore. It could have been one new map cut into 4 episodes instead of this repetitive mess. If I didn't need the achieve points, so I can get to 30K (almost there) you think I would have grinded this? LMAO keep dreaming. I would have just done the story and left it.

This patch was far better than the first. The bosses all feel different and the devs tightened up the format. Pretty big deal that they listen to a lot of the major complaints and addressed them. I can get a freakin infusion playing DRMs? Done. Absolutely.