Can I do tournament?

TheQuickFox.3826

I have been working towards the Transcendence legendary ring for sPvP. I'm near being able to craft Slumbering Transcendence but for the visual effect I will also need to reach 20 wins in the sPvP tournaments. The issue is that I never did that before, and I'm only a 1100 Silver-3 player. I know my maps, know my build but build is not meta and I'm terrible with changes. I tend to have winning sprees of 8 games followed by losing sprees of 8 games. Promoting to 1200 gold-1 and then back to 1100 silver-3.

So, is tournament doable for someone with my skill level or can I forget about the visual amulet?

@Linken.6345 said:You only need 20 match wins so it can take how ever many tournaments you need for it to get that in total.

Yeah, I guess that is one way. But I wonder if groups take players with my (Silver 3, 1100) player skill level. In normal ranked I already encountered a lot of salt in some matches, and team mates who want to force me into other builds and classes. (Which would end in disaster. Been there, done that)

• 3 weeks later...

Getting in tournament is not so hard but getting any wins with a silver ranked team is. I entered eight tournaments, of which more than half of them resulted in all losing matches. I'm at 4/20 now. I wish this would be a little more accessible to lower skilled teams. Being paired against a team of platinums and losing with 5 against 500 is a bit discouraging. It would be nice if there were more options to progress the Emblem of Tournament victory in a more level playing field. It will be a long hard grind this way.

Edit: 25% (5/20)

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:Getting in tournament is not so hard but getting any wins with a silver ranked team is. I entered eight tournaments, of which more than half of them resulted in all losing matches. I'm at 4/20 now. I wish this would be a little more accessible to lower skilled teams. Being paired against a team of platinums and losing with 5 against 500 is a bit discouraging. It would be nice if there were more options to progress the Emblem of Tournament victory in a more level playing field. It will be a long hard grind this way.

Edit: 25% (5/20)

Problem is, population is too low. Not many do ATs. I understand your struggle, i really do (I myself don't really have a team to do ATs with) but Transcendence is an optional Legendary, it is not supposed to be easy to get.

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:I wish this would be a little more accessible to lower skilled teams. Being paired against a team of platinums and losing with 5 against 500 is a bit discouraging.Well that's how it is... that's why it's a tournament, not the ranked queue. Sorry but the only thing which makes this less accessible is your own skill and not having a pvp group to play with.It would be nice if there were more options to progress the Emblem of Tournament victory in a more level playing field. It will be a long hard grind this way.That's a different topic and okay, I can see that. On the other hand, pls let us PvP players have something too :cWe don't get anything that's not a no-brainer, most stuff that actually takes some time is due to being time gated.

@DoomNexus.5324 said:

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:I wish this would be a little more accessible to lower skilled teams. Being paired against a team of platinums and losing with 5 against 500 is a bit discouraging.Well that's how it is... that's why it's a tournament, not the ranked queue. Sorry but the only thing which makes this less accessible is your own skill and not having a pvp group to play with.It would be nice if there were more options to progress the Emblem of Tournament victory in a more level playing field. It will be a long hard grind this way.That's a different topic and okay, I can see that. On the other hand, pls let us PvP players have something too :cWe don't get anything that's not a no-brainer, most stuff that actually takes some time is due to being time gated.

Yeah, I know my skill level is a limiting factor here, but there is no fixing in that. Imo it is a bit unfortunate that tournament is a requirement for Transcendence because if it was not I would not even have bothered with the tournaments. But it is what it is, it will be a grind but I plan on completing it. It will take me around 30 to 40 tournaments this way. Ah well. 35% done.

There. That was a terrible struggle but I got it.skDxfoI.jpg

Some of my experiences for anyone who likes to achieve the same as lower ranked player:

• It is easy to get teams, just use LFG and join a group that is accepting to all players.
  • As silver-3 skilled player I get less than one win per tournament. I guess my amount of wins is around .7 to .8 per tournament. This means that you can get 2 or 3 tournaments with 0 wins in a row if you're unlucky and then two wins per tourney. So, it will take roughly 30 tourneys to win, depending a lot on luck and your skill level.
  • If you can, disable your emotions. It will be a hard grind and you will be matched against full platinum teams against which you will have absolutely 0 chance to win. Be prepared to lose a lot. And be happy with every win.
  • Stay until the end. If you get a few terrible matches, this does not mean that all of the matches have to be this way. I had a double win after a double loss in the same tourney.
  • Expect some player misconduct being used in your favor and against you. You may get players who sabotage your team by being idle, players who rage quit after a terrible match, trolls who choose to join your party and then choose not to click ready and if you're lucky you get a full enemy team of terrible bots. Overall you will lose more due to player misconduct than you gain. Report and follow the rules.
  • You will get a match skip (bye) from time to time. These do not count as wins for the emblem but do count as win in the tournament.

Live to Win and may the Six be with you and your character.

Now I can try the same with my second account. :s

@"TheQuickFox.3826" said:There. That was a terrible struggle but I got it.skDxfoI.jpg

Some of my experiences for anyone who likes to achieve the same as lower ranked player:

• It is easy to get teams, just use LFG and join a group that is accepting to all players.
  • As silver-3 skilled player I get less than one win per tournament. I guess my amount of wins is around .7 to .8 per tournament. This means that you can get 2 or 3 tournaments with 0 wins in a row if you're unlucky and then two wins per tourney. So, it will take roughly 30 tourneys to win, depending a lot on luck and your skill level.
  • If you can, disable your emotions. It will be a hard grind and you will be matched against full platinum teams against which you will have absolutely 0 chance to win. Be prepared to lose a lot. And be happy with every win.
  • Stay until the end. If you get a few terrible matches, this does not mean that all of the matches have to be this way. I had a double win after a double loss in the same tourney.
  • Expect some player misconduct being used in your favor and against you. You may get players who sabotage your team by being idle, players who rage quit after a terrible match, trolls who choose to join your party and then choose not to click ready and if you're lucky you get a full enemy team of terrible bots. Overall you will lose more due to player misconduct than you gain. Report and follow the rules.
  • You will get a match skip (bye) from time to time. These do not count as wins for the emblem but do count as win in the tournament.

Live to Win and may the Six be with you and your character.

Now I can try the same with my second account. :s

I imagine the struggle, it was annoying for me being g3/p1. I believe a good part of your wins were against afk teams.

At first it was very frustrating cuz i was joining those all welcome teams. Then my experience was very similar to yours, I'd join tournament expecting 1 win. Then i started joining g3 p1 teams i things got a lot better like 2 3 wins every tournament

I imagine the struggle, it was annoying for me being g3/p1. I believe a good part of your wins were against afk teams.

At first it was very frustrating cuz i was joining those all welcome teams. Then my experience was very similar to yours, I'd join tournament expecting 1 win. Then i started joining g3 p1 teams i things got a lot better like 2 3 wins every tournament

Well, most of the wins actually were real teams with normal games at a level playing field. It's just that half of the teams are platinum or higher which means no chance at all to win. And I guess one quarter are gold and one quarter are silver, bronze and the occasional afk bot team.

I'm now at gold rank on my second account and doing slightly better with around one win per tourney. Plat teams still win with 3 points capped and trolling us at our spawn but the others are a bit better now with gold+ teams.