Disappearing backpack bug is back (new map only)

Returned with the patch. Even ticking/unticking or requipping doesnt always fix it and if it does, it's brief.

I think it is connected to getting into combat or mounts - I havent found the pattern yet, but its annoying to see it come back . It might even be connected to my shield since it happened when I switched to it as well from my rifle

• Like 1

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Just to make sure....this doesn't happen when you get near the Eternal ...um... something or other-shards that you use with the Special Ability key? I noticed that one gives you a backpack.

Nah it's an old bug that crops up anywhere in the game and removes your back from view. Was quite prevalent when mounts first appeared. Usually a relog gets rid of it, but that isn't happening now, it just comes back. It's unconnected to what you mentioned since I haven't encountered that.

OK, it is only occuring to me in the new map so far. I tried a core tyria map and no issue

The shield seems to be the thing. If I stow it and reveal whether through stowing, mount or glider - I lose my backpack visuals when I unstow in any way and sometimes my shield too

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:This is back or never fixed. Been happening to me a bunch in WvW

I second this - it's never been completely fixed. I, too, occasionally have the issue in WvW (been that way at least since gliding was added). And until I map hop or exit/re-enter WvW, the hocus-pocus persists. :lol:

From my experience, it's more prone to happen if your toon uses a shield and/or if you glide ever so briefly and then stop (within a second). It seems like the coding for making the determination of what item to show on the back cannot react fast enough. And once it gets confused, it's busted until a map hop or exit of WvW happens.

Anet,One possible and acceptable fix to me would be that whenever a toon uses a Way Point in WvW -- on the same map or map hopping, kick off the current code that fires and resets everything graphically when map hopping. This would also fix the bug that sometimes happens when a Ranger uses GS3/Swoop and interrupts the animation himself -- you see the translucent eagle flapping on them continuously until they map hop and everything graphically gets reset. (As long as there are no other adverse effects, like excessively longer load times, this might be a decent band-aid.) Thanks!

• 4 months later...

Had that a few days ago with my necro in that new drizzlewood map. Were short befoe the north meta. My backpiece (Warbringer, that WvW legendary back piece) disappeared on drawing my weapons and stayed invisible until I unchecked and checked the backpiece visibility in the hero panel. But only once and then never again so far.

• 3 months later...

Wow, I thought the back piece was never visible! For me, the show/hide checkbox in the hero equipment panel works only for the helm and the shoulder. Clicking on that box does nothing for the back piece, not even a pixel changes from whichever angle I look at it. So I thought it was never implemented!

Now I'm really curious to learn what I should be seeing at my back!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I seem to only have this issue in Dragonfall. I have tried with multiple characters (of different races) with different back pieces.

I would fix this by zooming in (so my character isnt visible anymore) and then zooming back out, and my back piece would be there again. It's not much but would still like to see it get fixed.

I've noticed that capes dont disappear but this might be different for others.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

not to put salt in the wounds but this happened like less than a month ago to me aswell in WvW, usually gliding / stowing weapons fixes it but as soon as weapons are drawn or u get in combat they disappear, since this happened to me years ago aswell i just started to see it as a feature rather than a bug, most of the time i keep my back untoggled anyways, tho would love to see this fully fixed one day.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

And it has returned.
Mounting and unmounting, as well as stowing/drawing weapon removes the back item. I can uncheck and recheck and it reappears. Changing the aforementioned state though, makes it disappear again. Sometimes gliding makes the back item reappear too.
Edit: Happening in WvW after weekly reset. Was fine before.

Edited by RoadRunner.9253

• 10 months later...