LS - seriously?

Nagiil.1230

... for discussion ...

What. Was. That?2 hours of gameplay with felt like 1 hour of dialogues.Still no new map, but the main thing is a new currency...

/ 1 player unhappy

(And dont argument with "corona", I work for a software company and have worked from home since march last year, and we develop and deliver our product always in time)

New maps are good for you, maybe, but that doesn't make them good for the game. People keep saying, and I've seen it a number of times, that the population is less than it was say 2 years ago. How would anyone know? We have so many more maps. So many more metas. So many more places people can be.

If the population stays stable, new maps eventually become unsustainable. And Anet said straight out that we won't get new maps for every episode for the Icebrood Saga a long time ago. This isn't new information. It's been around a while.

For every person who asks for new maps, another person is complaining that people spend 2 hours on the new maps and never go back there.

To me, these new DRMs took the worst aspects of the older ones and amplified them.

add spamAoE SpamCC spamcondition spamneedlessly big health pools

These all are over the top and make them a gigantic pain in the bacon to play.

And then they tell us Ryland suddenly is too strong for us to take on, when he should be no stronger than the Herald of Balthazar.We should have cracked his face months ago...

The one new mechanic we see with the destroyer eggs inside the shields is neat, but far outweighed by the overwhelmingly negative parts.

@"Nagiil.1230" said:What. Was. That?is was cool LS

2 hours of gameplay with felt like 1 hour of dialogues.story !

Still no new mapDon't see reason add new map. For that? nice 4 instances is valid too. All know what new map not come with that LS part

but the main thing is a new currency...what currency? no any new currency

/ 1 player unhappyit is ok. Impossible do good for everyone

(And dont argument with "corona", I work for a software company and have worked from home since march last year, and we develop and deliver our product always in time)Why some arguments should be searched? Good part of LS is come, it is fine.

My guess is that new maps are much more work - and they are focusing their manpower on the upcoming expansion at the moment. In the meantime you could check if you still have older achievements to complete or enjoy the othe older replayable stuff you liked.

I have not played it yet. But the whole Champions thing suggests (they way the past stuff got released) that there always will be only new missions ... until it if finished. (Well maybe 1 more final small map if they find the time/manpower to allocate.)

@aspirine.6852 said:Heh, I kinda thought these drm were better than the ones before..I am kinda lost on the new mastery points though. Cant seem to find them on the maps..

In Thunderhead Keep it's inside the middle structure of the forge.In Snowden Drifts, it's on top of the Owl Lodge.In Lake Doric it's at the top of an ice structure on the lake.In Ebonhawke it's on top of some houses.

@Vayne.8563 said:New maps are good for you, maybe, but that doesn't make them good for the game. People keep saying, and I've seen it a number of times, that the population is less than it was say 2 years ago. How would anyone know? We have so many more maps. So many more metas. So many more places people can be.

If the population stays stable, new maps eventually become unsustainable. And Anet said straight out that we won't get new maps for every episode for the Icebrood Saga a long time ago. This isn't new information. It's been around a while.

For every person who asks for new maps, another person is complaining that people spend 2 hours on the new maps and never go back there.

While developing new maps comes with its own issues, DRMs are simply an awful method of content delivery. The story no longer feels like a story. The content is low-effort, boring, and not worth repeating beyond the single reward they added for a stupid amount of currency. I am on board with a superior method of content delivery to previous story releases, but DRMs are not it!

I am on board with another expansion, but they are murdering this content right now. I hope it's worth it...

@Fueki.4753 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:Heh, I kinda thought these drm were better than the ones before..I am kinda lost on the new mastery points though. Cant seem to find them on the maps..

In Thunderhead Keep it's inside the middle structure of the forge.In Snowden Drifts, it's on top of the Owl Lodge.In Lake Doric it's at the top of an ice structure on the lake.In Ebonhawke it's on top of some houses.

Cheers!! I could not find them.. silly me..

@aspirine.6852 said:

Cheers!! I could not find them.. silly me..

You have to be inside the DRM to find them, and then there's usually a lot of other things to think about.

I only had time to do 2 of the new missions last night, but both times I found it easier to wait until it was over and then go looking for the mastery, whereas in the previous ones I was able to grab it as we were going past. Maybe they deliberately put those ones in hard to miss places because players might not be expecting new mastery points in old maps?

Also I agree that the new DRMs are better. They seem slightly longer but also have more of a variety of mechanics. I like the giant destroyer in the Forge and I'm looking forward to seeing the other two missions.

(Sometimes I'm almost jealous of the people who say they can finish an entire LS episode in 20 minutes -1 hour. The only one I've ever been able to do in one session was the first champions release and that took me almost 3 hours in total.)

You thought part 1 was bad having to do 48 full clears to get dragonslayer weapons, and slowly watching volcanic weapon being priced out of 99% of players. Part 2 is worse, no new weapons are available UNTIL Feb 16. This means after you finish your 5 all cm full clears, there is nothing to work towards. The infusion takes 5 days of the new currency to get. Whoever is designing the reward system, they have dropped the ball this release. There are no bread trails, just a feast and famine of no weapon sets to earn until Feb 16, then 2 sets that we can prodict will cost 480 drm currency each.

@Vayne.8563 said:New maps are good for you, maybe, but that doesn't make them good for the game. People keep saying, and I've seen it a number of times, that the population is less than it was say 2 years ago. How would anyone know? We have so many more maps. So many more metas. So many more places people can be.

100% agreeing with u! I really think Anet should get new ways to make old maps be active again. Unluckily the current missions dont help to do that, because they r in an instance. So all the maps are still empty.New things could be:

• New achievments
  • More different dailies
  • New tasks to do, that make people come back
  • Repeatable mapcomplatation on the main character
  • Mentoring Program: Getting rewards for taking care and playing with new plalyer
  • Hardmode for open world (but no new instance will be made as in Gw1, but forexample the downscaling is reduced more (5-10 lvl lower)
  • Adding more Mini Dungeons and Jumping Puzzels

Everyone doesn’t always have to like the new content, but that’s what it is, new content. Like it or not it adds more to the game to do. We now have 7 replayable missions and counting. Rewards are getting added as more factions come. Missions will get easier as masteries progress, and rewards will get amplified. It’s not complete yet, and there’s still room for improvement. They implemented starting the mission once the preevent was finished. At least they’re taking some suggestions and implementing them. People have been so ungrateful for new free content.

@Dark Red Killian.3946 said:Everyone doesn’t always have to like the new content, but that’s what it is, new content. Like it or not it adds more to the game to do. We now have 7 replayable missions and counting. Rewards are getting added as more factions come. Missions will get easier as masteries progress, and rewards will get amplified. It’s not complete yet, and there’s still room for improvement. They implemented starting the mission once the preevent was finished. At least they’re taking some suggestions and implementing them. People have been so ungrateful for new free content.

You're welcome to your opinion and so is everyone else. ANet should be grateful for the feedback. The alternative is for players to find something better to do with their time without saying a word.

@"Luthan.5236" said:My guess is that new maps are much more work - and they are focusing their manpower on the upcoming expansion at the moment. In the meantime you could check if you still have older achievements to complete or enjoy the othe older replayable stuff you liked.

My guess is that the map work you mention is the work that they can't do very well from home (for future readers, it's the COVID era - let's hope it's "over" by the time you read this), i.e. collaborative work.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

@Dark Red Killian.3946 said:Everyone doesn’t always have to like the new content, but that’s what it is, new content. Like it or not it adds more to the game to do. We now have 7 replayable missions and counting. Rewards are getting added as more factions come. Missions will get easier as masteries progress, and rewards will get amplified. It’s not complete yet, and there’s still room for improvement. They implemented starting the mission once the preevent was finished. At least they’re taking some suggestions and implementing them. People have been so ungrateful for new free content.

You're welcome to your opinion and so is everyone else. ANet should be grateful for the feedback. The alternative is for players to find something better to do with their time without saying a word.

I get that and everyone is welcome to their opinion as well. I just wish the boards were more full of constructive critisim, suggestions for improvements, etc, and not just a place where people bitch and complain.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

While developing new maps comes with its own issues, DRMs are simply an awful method of content delivery. The story no longer feels like a story. The content is low-effort, boring, and not worth repeating beyond the single reward they added for a stupid amount of currency. I am on board with a
superior
method of content delivery to previous story releases, but DRMs are
not
it!

I am on board with another expansion, but they are murdering this content right now. I hope it's worth it...

I don't know ... I didn't see anyone complain about the introduction of Joko's forces attacking Tyria in the OW ... maybe the DRM should not be instanced? Then what we have ... zerged, timed content that isn't casual friendly. I'm warmed up to the DRM; at first I was critical ... but they work for me in a way other instanced content hasn't.

At this point, what options hasn't Anet covered? I think the whole game is basically a big experiment on content delivery. I really don't think they are doing it to select a method. I think they are doing it to allow players to have choice in how they want to interact with the game at this point. We have so many ways to do things now, it's almost like no one can complain Anet hasn't delivered content to them in a way they don't like during SOME point in the history of the game.

@Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

I get that and everyone is welcome to their opinion as well. I just wish the boards were more full of constructive critisim, suggestions for improvements, etc, and not just a place where people kitten and complain.

That's cool. I get a little tired of people white knighting anything the company does as if it were a gift to us. To each their own.

Not that i disagree with the asesment but you say the same thing for every bit of content. Fractals, raids, pvp, wvw and now for ow content. What content is the silent majority supposed to be enjoying and soending money because of?

To the op, the game rn is running at minimal support because i want to say that 98% of the staff are in Eod and most ppl want it this way, delivering a strong exoac is better at this point that finishing off Ibs solidly and then potentially delivering an underwhelming expac.

I didn't like DRMs before and I still don't like them now (even though it's great they changed some of the annoyances people complained about, got to give some credit here). The only reason I'm not exactly disappointed with this release is because I've expected "more of the same[DRMs]" and that's exactly what we've got. Can't be disappointed when I expect/already know I won't enjoy that type of content.

But I've enjoyed the content before DRMs, so lets just hope next release will be something else that will actually be interesting for me again. I kind of accept these drms as an effort to release content for broader audience.And with that in mind... What's left now? WvW :grimace: (because LUL conquest, who cares :p )

• Confused 1