Expand Daily Dragon Responder achievement to account for more DRMs

Ywhre.9734

With 'Chapter 1: Truce', the main source of Prismaticite Crystal was the Daily Dragon Responder which provided 6 Crystals for completing 3 DRMs. You could get another 3 for a total of 9 if you had Boon of the Deep Flame in all three missions (not accounting for rng drops from CMs).Thus, if doing 3 DRMs daily with the boon, Dragon Slayer weapon collection would take 54 days to complete.

Azure and Crimson Dragon Slayer weapons each require 5 Prismatium Ingots, which means it would take 177 days to complete both collections if getting 9 Prismaticite Crystals daily.The Daily Dragon Responder achievement however, was not expanded to account for the increased number of DRMs with 'Chapter 2: Power', it still asks to complete three and only provides 6 Crystals. The achievement should receive another 4 tiers of rewards to account for 4 new DRMs for a total of 28 Crystals daily, and then again when the last 3 DRMs are released for a total of 55 Crystals daily (reward scaling based on current system, i.e. if 1/3 missions completed rewards 3 Crystals 1/7 missions completed should provide 7 Crystal and 1/10 - 10 Crystals).

I will gladly do all 10 of the missions daily if it means I'm actually able to complete the collections much faster than in 230 days, without spending ungodly amounts of gold (around 1400g total at current prices for Prismatium Ingots for both Azure and Crimson sets, especially that crafting the Ingots already requires a significant investment in form of Orichalcum and Ectoplasm).

@Ayrilana.1396 said:You could get 11 per day outside of CMs before this week’s release. Now you can get 15 per day outside of CMs. That comes down to about 107 days for skins that players most likely will not even use.

Spending 17 minutes on average for 1 Crystal is hardly worth it, so is spending 50 gold and 245k karma for just another 2 daily (even though it is a permanent, indefinite unlock). What I want is rewarding higher effort if you want to limit the expenditure of time and gold (which I absolutely do, Saga weapon collections have been already soul crushing).

@Ywhre.9734 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:You could get 11 per day outside of CMs before this week’s release. Now you can get 15 per day outside of CMs. That comes down to about 107 days for skins that players most likely will not even use.

Spending 17 minutes on average for 1 Crystal is hardly worth it, so is spending 50 gold and 245k karma for just another 2 daily (even though it is a permanent, indefinite unlock). What I want is rewarding higher effort if you want to limit the expenditure of time and gold (which I absolutely do, Saga weapon collections have been already soul crushing).

Then don’t do them. The scaling that you’re suggesting for the rewards trivializes earning the collection just for the sake of finishing quicker. It also doesn’t take 17 min unless you’re doing it solo perhaps.

It’s also significantly more efficient to farm the gold and buy them based on your 17 min per DRM and proposed 55 per day. You can farm almost twice as much as you need in that amount of time.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Then don’t do them. The scaling that you’re suggesting for the rewards trivializes earning the collection just for the sake of finishing quicker. It also doesn’t take 17 min unless you’re doing it solo perhaps.

I'm very sorry that you enjoy torturing yourself but I do not. You're suggesting me not to complete the weapon collections but you're missing an important factor. I want to complete them. And I want to feel accomplished when I do. I finished Illuminated Boreal weapon collection today and I absolutely do not feel any kind of joy or accomplishment from that. I'm happy to have the skins (because I quite like them) and I do very much like all 3 Dragon Slayer sets.But I do not want every day of working towards a goal to be agonizing and except for Ancient Boreal Weapons, acquisition of most of the weapon sets in the Saga is very much like that. From Charged Stormcaller weapons not differing from the original set almost at all and the two months wait time in which we were made to believe t1 will be required to craft them, after which it turned out to be a lie and a massive gold sink was placed in its stead; through Volcanic Stormcaller weapons which are an absolute horror in terms of rng and a mastery point tied to them; to now 3 Dragon Slayer sets requiring total of around 200 days to complete and another gold sink on top.I honestly would rather to be farming Dry Top on-and-off for Unidentified Insects for another 6 years, with Ambrite weapons, at least I had control on how much currency I'd get, making the recipe acquisition faster and raising my chances of getting Insects by buying more keys by increasing my playtime.

@Ywhre.9734 said:

I'm very sorry that you enjoy torturing yourself but I do not. You're suggesting me not to complete the weapon collections but you're missing an important factor. I want to complete them. And I want to feel accomplished when I do. I finished Illuminated Boreal weapon collection today and I absolutely do not feel any kind of joy or accomplishment from that. I'm happy to have the skins (because I quite like them) and I do very much like all 3 Dragon Slayer sets.But I do not want every day of working towards a goal to be agonizing and except for Ancient Boreal Weapons, acquisition of most of the weapon sets in the Saga is very much like that. From Charged Stormcaller weapons not differing from the original set almost at all and the two months wait time in which we were made to believe t1 will be required to craft them, after which it turned out to be a lie and a massive gold sink was placed in its stead; through Volcanic Stormcaller weapons which are an absolute horror in terms of rng and a mastery point tied to them; to now 3 Dragon Slayer sets requiring total of around 200 days to complete and another gold sink on top.I honestly would rather to be farming Dry Top on-and-off for Unidentified Insects for another 6 years, with Ambrite weapons, at least I had control on how much currency I'd get, making the recipe acquisition faster and raising my chances of getting Insects by buying more keys by increasing my playtime.

My question is: Where the kitten are the recipes? I haven't found a vendor that sells them.

@Heibi.4251 said:

My question is: Where the kitten are the recipes? I haven't found a vendor that sells them.

They are not available yet, many speculates they will be available on 16 feb, when faction changes.

@Ywhre.9734 said:

I'm very sorry that you enjoy torturing yourself but I do not.

This is an MMO and those are optional collections which have no bearing on progression or the story. There will be things which people do not enjoy.

You're suggesting me not to complete the weapon collections but you're missing an important factor. I want to complete them. And I want to feel accomplished when I do. I finished Illuminated Boreal weapon collection today and I absolutely do not feel any kind of joy or accomplishment from that. I'm happy to have the skins (because I quite like them) and I do very much like all 3 Dragon Slayer sets.

How's it an accomplishment if you make an effort to have Anet reduce the effort needed? I don't understand that. If you want to do it then do it. What I was saying before is that if you don't want to put in the effort for it then don't do it. What you're suggesting is no different to someone complaining that acquiring a legendary weapon is torture and suggesting Anet make it so that it takes a fraction of the effort to obtain them.

But I do not want every day of working towards a goal to be agonizing and except for Ancient Boreal Weapons, acquisition of most of the weapon sets in the Saga is very much like that. From Charged Stormcaller weapons not differing from the original set almost at all and the two months wait time in which we were made to believe t1 will be required to craft them, after which it turned out to be a lie and a massive gold sink was placed in its stead; through Volcanic Stormcaller weapons which are an absolute horror in terms of rng and a mastery point tied to them; to now 3 Dragon Slayer sets requiring total of around 200 days to complete and another gold sink on top.

It doesn't take 200 days to obtain them. I clearly stated that in a previous post. Actually, it's the one you quoted.

I honestly would rather to be farming Dry Top on-and-off for Unidentified Insects for another 6 years, with Ambrite weapons, at least I had control on how much currency I'd get, making the recipe acquisition faster and raising my chances of getting Insects by buying more keys by increasing my playtime.

Then do that. For the same amount of time you would have spent doing DRMs at 55 crystals a day, you could have completed those collections twice by just farming the gold.

@medivh.4725 said:Need more ways to get those Prismaticite Crystals then just from home instance farming. Finishing of Dragonstand meta should award few

Do DRMs. I was getting an additional 9 every day before the recent update by just doing three of them. You get one for every DRM you complete. If you do CMs, I believe that you get more.

If all else fails, you can buy the ingots off the TP.